What Do You Collect?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

What Do You Collect?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Just about everyone collects something.

I happen to collect the following:

-Snowglobes
-Stuffed animals. Hush.
-Dice (not the plain ones)
-Coins
-Pokemon
-Raccoon items

What about you?
Last edited by Cloaked_Schemer on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12:17:45) RoxYRosE: And you did. Crim is not a liar... ask her if I said what you said I said. I bet she says what I think she'll say.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: What Do You Collect?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:51 pm

I collect shot glasses, coins and Con badges.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Snowglobes.
Dragons.
Coins/I've got one from 1909.
Stories.

Sirius Baren
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 pm

The only coins I collect are the state quarters that have been coming out each year. My coin map is almost full! Mommy bought it for me. =3

I also collect:

Fortunes from fortune cookies
wine corks
clocks

I used to collect pop tops from soda cans in 6th grade. I'd put them on key rings and hang them from my book bag and stuff. I had thousands. XD Don't remember what I ever did with them.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:25 pm

Snow globes
Umbrella Academy comics/merch
MCR/A7X merch
Cuddly toys x3 (Don't tell anyone..)
Books. Lots of books. I got myself a mini-library in my bedroom =3

SaveYou
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:29 pm

I don't collect anything in particular, I just have a habit of keeping random items in boxes under my bed (mostly broken things that hold some kind of importance).

One of my Aunts collects clocks, though. Y'know, really tacky ones? Like novelty ones shaped to look like teapots or whatever. It really makes me laugh how excited she gets over them. She knows they're ugly, but she loves 'em.

One of my Grans collects little fairy statues...

But yeah, I seem to just collect junk
Oh! And books. I've run out of shelves to put them on, so they're in little stacks on the floor in my room. Doesn't help too much with trying to sell the house, but ah well, mum will get over it.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:45 pm

I don't collect tacky clocks. =/ Just pretty ones. I especially love ones that look really old. I have this HUGE thing for antiques, and love anything that looks like it's 100 years old or something.

I also collect wrought iron stuff as well, like big iron crosses or wall hangings that are supposed to be outside on a brick wall in a garden or something. I do all I can to try and make the inside of my home feel like a little utopia, and part of that to me is making it feel like a relaxing garden, with a fountain, wrought iron decorations, and greenery everywhere.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 pm

hmm..
State Quarters even tho I'm not from the US
Books
Kooky Pens xD
Hoodies
Skateboards w/o the wheel partes
McDonald's toy xD
and sadly
Barbies [ yes i am a loser :] ]

LaurenAFI
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athias on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Hats from foreign countries.
My collection includes:
An army hat from Isreal
A headband from Japan
A Rastafarian cap from Belize
A Russian communist-party hat from Russia
A Fedora and a Bandolier's hat from Italy
A Fez from Greece.

And I haven't even left the country... :(
"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe." - Neil Gaiman

Athias
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm

OH! I am collecting the tops off of soda cans Mel! XD I have them on a ring on my car keys, although it is getting really hard to fit in my pocket now....meh. I am collecting the ones off of glass soda bottled though the colorful ones. : P

I also collect toy cars (hope to collect real ones later on), coins (Mostly just have coins from other countries not old ones. I have some from Iraq, Afghanistan, Japan, China, Australia, Germany, England, Canada, Singapore, Africa, Mexico, and Russia.), the fifty state quarters, and stamps (got tons of these most of them from my uncle).
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleach'd Symphonia on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:56 pm

I collect dust! =D

... Not really.

I like coins... My uncle's in the army so I hit him up for some money from the countries he gets to visit.

I also have a wide variety of animal figures. My favorite right now is the platypus. ^-^

I used to collect Pokemon cards too, until I decided it was a waste of money. XD

Other than that, I horde random stuff... >.>;;
Why, yes! I am insulting your intelligence, but if you were actually intelligent, you wouldn't be insulted, would you?

Bleach'd Symphonia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 pm

I don't really collect much of anything, really. My brother, who lives in the same house as me, collects soda cans. He payed twenty dollars for a Mountain Dew can with a picture of Yoda on it via the internet. <.<

Village Alchemist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asorryapology on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 pm

I collect shot glasses and Jones soda bottles. I love the pictures on them. I think the weirdest thing I collect though are old pictures. Like, I'll go somewhere and there will be a picture of someone I don'tknow and if it's like not someones, I take it home.
Image Image Image Image

Asorryapology
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Collecting random old pictures of people....sounds like stalker material! : O lol just joking I loves the Jones Soda bottles to, they also taste very good as well. : P

Drako11
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:41 pm

I used to collect and trade Pokemon and Digimon cards when I was a kid. Ah, those were the days... xD It was so much fun. I miss that.

I'm too old to collect anything haha. (I sound like I'm 40!) I really don't have money to waste on collecting anything. I thought about collecting the caps to different alcohol bottles, but that was only a good idea after I had been drinking. LOL I don't know where I'd put them or why I would even need to keep them. So, I don't. :P

♥Willow Waters♥
    7th year Ravenclaw, Half-Blood

Syren Song
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 am

Asorryapology wrote:I collect shot glasses and Jones soda bottles. I love the pictures on them. I think the weirdest thing I collect though are old pictures. Like, I'll go somewhere and there will be a picture of someone I don'tknow and if it's like not someones, I take it home.

I LOVE the photographs on Jones Soda bottles. I wish I had room to collect them all. Although, I suppose I could just tear the picture part off.

I also love that you collect photographs. It's fun flipping through shoe boxes of old pictures and post cards in antique stores. I just read a book from the library where a guy commissioned ten of his artist friends to make a comic out of a random old post card he gave them. (Postcards: True Stories that Never Happened )It was amazing. He got the idea just from flipping through a ox of old post cards in an antique shop. It's inspired me to do something similar. Old photographs can lead to inspiration because your mind tries to wrap a story around what is going on in the picture.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:02 am

I collect:

`Bells
`Ribbons
`Books (old/rare/interesting)
`People
`Japanese paraphernalia
`Bottle caps to hang from my wall with my-
`-windchimes
`Pictures of dead people (relatives mostly)
`Notebooks and writing utensils (most people have a lot....but I have at least a trillion that I keep for keepings sake)
`Candles
`Pretty Pointies
`Weird nicknacks (like my flying cow airplane or my laughing monkey window cling)
`Cult-ish movies (Like Labrinth or The Legend and "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead", `son't know if that is Cult or not)
`Rocks (pretty polished or found on the ground variety)
`Iteresting or pretty fabrics
`hats and gloves
`Wall hangings

I'm a pack rat I guess....

Edit:
`Stuffies
`Funny socks
`Stockings (fighnet, lace up, fence net, black, white, green)
`Language books
`Random junk that I think will be entertaining for people if they ever rummage through my things. (Like for a robber or a nosy parent.)
Last edited by The Rogue Doll on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rogue Doll
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 am

CLOCKS TOO, I forgot. But I always lose them because I carry them around with me. But I prefer the ridiculous or tacky variety. Anything I can carry around with me without fear of breaking something valuable. A watch would not do either. I would lose that quicker than a a Kawaii Shojo's virginity at a Kthulu reunion party.

The Rogue Doll
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:21 am

In three thousand years, archaologists will dig up the remains of the Rogue Doll's home and assume it not to be a dwelling, but a place where the people of Ancient Idaho kept all their collective treasures secret from outsiders.

Or they'll assume it's a shrine. First rule of archaology: if you don't know what a building is, it's probably a shrine.

Village Alchemist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:06 pm

*gigglefits @ Alchimist*

Well. It is a shrine. A shrine to the many dead hobbies that I have been collecting over the years. And besides, I live in a manufactured home of plasticky goodness. It wont survive three thousand years! My precious treasures shall never be shared with the future children......

....I contemplated putting it in a time capsule then...but a packrat without her junk? Blaspheme!

The Rogue Doll
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!