Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

What is your favorite animal?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

What is your favorite animal?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:52 am

I had the thought that making a little get to know thread such as this would be fun, basically this thread will be open for people to say what their favorite animal is and if possible also expand on it by describing the animal and the reasons they like it.

I am a cat person and i adore my cats however the animal with whom i am most fascinated with is the Crow.

To explain why a short but remarkable childhood story is necessary

When i was younger my family used to have quite a few chickens in our land along with some ducks

the problem was that the crows used to steal the little chicks from both, while the chickens could protect at least a few of their chicks even against amazingly clever crow tactics the ducks where useless and lost all of theirs.

One day a young crow got wounded in a fight and fell down near our house.
my dad picked him up and at first was thinking of killing him and hanging his body to scare of the crows but after having the young crow for an entire night decided he could not do it and instead looked after the crow until he could fly back to his parents who where keeping and eye on what was going on.

after my father let the young crow go the crows never again attacked our chicks and even warned us from other attacks by making a lot of noise each time dogs or other animals tried to kill our chickens.

since then i have been fascinated by the crow and while we lived in that area i used to offer them gifts sometimes.
I have a respect for the crow for this reason along with others but beyond their intelligence i see crows as being mentally the creature most similar to humans. Their behavior when it comes to ether creating tools and even sports is balanced by their nasty habits of taking over other nests and driving out other animals from their lands is similar to humanity's own behavior. The crow can adapt to many conditions and beyond that has a all too familiar love for shiny objects.

If i where to point towards the successors of humanity the crow would be my choice.

deleted because it was stupid

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: What is your favorite animal?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Ooh. Good questions.

I like goldfish. I don't know why. I had dogs when I was younger, but these days the only actual pets I have are goldfish. I talk to them. I like feeding them. They're simple, small, and I bet they are fiercely intelligent, they just are hiding it very well.

The first pair of goldfish I had, since I was very small, were rescued from a 10th grade biology experiment. The project was to look at them under microscopes, while they were in damp paper towels so they could still breathe. After class, I asked my teacher what he was going to do with the x-gallon bucket of slightly dazed goldfish, and he said likely just throw them out.

I selected two, and they lived happy lives.

I also like ladybugs. I own a lot of ladybug themed items. On my desk at work right now there is a ladybug plush doing a faceroll into a ladybug cookie jar. I have a ladybug Pillow Pet named Walter; he's a bit of a primadonna. I have a ladybug necklace, a ladybug lunchbox somewhere that has the most adorable ladybug freezer pack.

When the world thaws, we used to get just .. an abundance of ladybugs in our house. I'd find them everywhere. I'm an only child so I'd play with them when I was growing up. That might be a part of the love.

God, my choice in animals makes me sound very quiet and lonely.

I also like sharks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Notorious Antidote on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 am

That's a difficult question.

I'm not an overall animal person, but I find that some animals do seem to attract my attention more so than others. One of which have always been horses. Not totally sure why, I've never owned one and never really ridden one before, but they just seem amazing to me. (At least from afar.) This is probably the most normal animal which actually gets my attention, considering that any other animal needs to be really far-fetched and strange-looking for me.

Like the platypus, it's so confusing and that's what gives it its awesome boast. How could someone not like an animal so confusing, and yet so amazing? Like for the fact that it lays eggs but it's a mammal. It makes absoutely no sense, and that's why I have to say that it's one of my favorites.

I've also been a bit of a rat person, I've owned a couple before and they're surprisingly intelligent, sweet, though quite the mischief makers. I wouldn't say that they're my favorite animals though, but they're at the top. I'm not sure if it's because I've owned them and I've seen how adorable they can be, or if it's just because the world is bias against them, for being pests.

It's a wide-spread question with too many answers. ^^
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
- The Godfather

Notorious Antidote
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 pm

I love maned wolves and lammergeiers. I'm so cool.
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

CrashQueen
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JedisKitty on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

I love cats :) they so adorable and I love horses due to I have my own shetland pony :)

JedisKitty
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lessie on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Dogs they are just adorable.

Lessie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CptxMorgan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 am

Dogs, grew up with them, etc. Too lazy to write a full diatribe about how great they are, because everyone should already know that they're fucking awesome.

CptxMorgan
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaydens on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 am

Dogs because they are truthful for every human being.

Jaydens
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby udontwannaknow94 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm

I am an animal person in general and have many sorts or animals that i favor but i think that if i had to narrow it down i would say that i am stuck between two. Cats and Wolves would have to be my top to favorite.

I currently have four cats and am strongly bonded with them. Also, for some reason cats are drawn to me and tend to stick by me. So i find that very interesting as i personally have spiritual beliefs that fallow with both cats and wolves (Along with many other creatures), but mostly them being of cats. Everything about them is amazing to me and i love that they are actually quite similar to people in the way they act and, if you paid attention in biology, the way their body is structured even.

And when it comes to wolves they are just amazing animals and i have grown up with my father's friend having a pet wolf that lived with him so i don't speak of them as just seeing them through cages in a zoo. But of sleeping with one next to me and watching tv with one resting its head on my lap. They are incredibly smart, loyal, loving, caring, protective, and mysterious seeming animals. I love everything about them and find they way they hold themselves in any environment incredible.

udontwannaknow94
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby americanqh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:15 pm

My passion is horses. I do not know why I have always loved them from a young age. Horses have been involved on my dad's side of the family with rag and bone men using them for work. There is also a race horse trainer on my mum's side but that was back in the Victorian era.

I'm not sure why I love them, It may be to do with their beauty and power. I can watch horses all day. I admire their temperaments and willingness to let us humans sit on their backs.

I plan to buy my own very soon. I also own a dog who I adore as well but horses will always be my favourite.

americanqh
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexWilSin on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 am

Are we talking about Pets or Wildlife?

If pets then Snakes, or Dogs.

If wildlife then the basic Bear or Owl does the trick. Ferocity and Wisdom.

AlexWilSin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:59 am

Goldfish are gnarly.

ViceVersus
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lux Et Tenebrae on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:34 am

A wolf, need you even ask? And if I hear anyone compare them to lap dogs again I shall have their skins hanging from a coat hanger. >.<

Lux Et Tenebrae
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ami on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:09 pm

I would have to say rabbits :P
There so cute and fluffy <3
Let me sing you the of my people

Ami
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CptxMorgan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:42 am

Candiru, so small, yet nothing can evoke as much fear in my heart as those slimy bastards.

But, in all seriousness, probably ferrets. Cool little fucks they are.

CptxMorgan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felidae on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Tigers. I was born in the year of the tiger, according to the Chinese Zodiac. They're just so cool. And they love water, which is perfect since I'm a competitive swimmer. It really sucks that they're almost gone from the wild. While their fur is absolutely gorgeous, it doesn't mean you have to frickin' kill the tiger for it.

I also love owls. Silent hunters on wings. Can't go wrong there.

Felidae
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 pm

I love Bears. They are one of the most unstoppable, and character-y animals on this world
1.The bear is an Apex predator, but still eats berries. How humble.
2.You're going to need more than one bullet to stop a bear.
3. A mother bear will maul you to red chunks if you so much as look at her cub.
4. Bears are huge
5. Bears live around the world
6. Polar Bears survive in the arctic, a place we humans barely live in today.
7. the movie Brother Bear described the bear being a totem of love. Love is a nice thing isn't it?
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MurderVictim on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm a cat-lover (house and wild), and love pretty much every sort of canine, especially wolves and coyotes. I can't really give a good reason other than all those animals are so fascinating in their own ways. Honestly, I'm an all-animal lover.

But my favorite animal ever has to be raccoons. Yes, yes, I know they're considered vermin, and can be a nuisance, but I can't help but love them. Their intelligence, their cunningness, and those adorable faces! Unfortunately, I don't really have any personal stories to share. xD To be honest, I live in a city where they're not at all that commonly seen. They're here, mainly in the sewers, but I don't think they cause that much damage. In fact, up until recently I didn' even know we had families of them in the sewers...I didn't think they were in the city at all. xD

MurderVictim
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:05 am

I'd have to say my favorite animal is the Polar Bear. They have all the awesomeness of normal bears, with the added bonus of being blizzard ninjas.

Wolves are cool, but they're so cliche. Hopefully that doesn't make me an animal hipster.

ImpliedDominion
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FateWhisperer on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:31 pm

My favorite animal is an elephant. Some people wonder why I'd pick of all things the big, weird nosed, elephant, but I guess it's because I aspired to grow up bigger as a kid due to my small size. I always thought their noses were really cool. One day I want to ride one. xD I think Dumbo influenced my interest a bit.

FateWhisperer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!