Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What's YOUR guilty pleasure song?

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Re: What's YOUR guilty pleasure song?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:58 am

See-ee? Everyone loves Mika!

Alright, I'll throw one on the pile. Despite resolutely considering myself a music snob, I went ahead and bought Party In the USA the other day. Don't judge me! That song has basically become a narrative of my life since I moved! *cries*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 am

*Back-pats, judges silently anyway*

Oh, and I forgot one. Colbie Caillat/Jason Mraz. According to my friends, boys aren't allowed to like either, so they just kind of glared at me for the good part of an hour when they found Lucky on my iPod. I don't get the issue..they pwn.

*Fanboy flail* They're such a cute couple too- ...Shoot me if I ever do that again. >.>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:04 am

LOL

Bubbly is another good guilty pleasure song. How funny! I was singing that to myself the other day while at school. Got some weird looks.

And Jason Mraz is too cute for words. He is also on my iPod, if only for one song.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 am

I can actually sing that song. Sadly. o.o I just don't. You learn what to do and what -not- to do when you grow up with six overly straight brothers who dislike anything but what they do. Lol

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:27 am

Definitely Sexyback by Justin Timberlake. I had it set as one of my ringtones for a long time, but the looks I got whenever my phone went off finally convinced me to change it up :( ah well.

Daimayo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Lady Gaga, there are three: Bad Romance, Just Dance, Love Game
Avril Lavigne (if you people only knew how much I hate her...): Nobody's Home
Shakira: There are quite a few.

Now excuse me while I go hide somewhere...
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm

No shame here, friend. Lady Gaga's songs are so damnably catchy that they just implant themselves in your head with no intention of leaving. I'm afraid I have to add 'Alejandro' to your list, there.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 pm

I must also confess to secretly owning Lady Gaga's stuff. I don't listen to it-often. Also, Cascada is so cheesy I kind of want to stick my head in the sand every time they come up on shuffle and my friends are around. Particularly Dangerous.

Mind you, I usually listen to indie/alternative, lyrically sophisticated bands- like The Decemberists. But I have an inexplicable weakness for some "dance-y" songs. Case in point, the single worst song on my iPod in terms of any modicum of intellectual content is Ke$ha's TikTok- but it also gets listened to at least once a week or so. *Hangs head in shame.* She doesn't even sing that well, and the music is basically comparable to the sound of a bowling ball bouncing down some stairs with a random synthesizer in the background, but... I can't help it.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lokigirl18 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:00 pm

I had Poor Unfortunate Souls, by the Jonas Brothers from the Little Mermaid Soundtrack and at one point I had their albums, but my Ipod got deleted. Thank God... I still like that song, but it's just that one.
Image Image Image Image Image

Lokigirl18
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:17 pm

See, here's how this works.

I loved the Little Mermaid and watched it all the time when I was a kid.

I don't love the Jonas Brothers.

So now that you've mentioned that such a song exists, I'm gonna have to go out there and listen to it.

Thanks a lot. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TrashcanLyd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Erm... Anything by Basshunter.... xD Like... anything.. I do'nt care what... I just... adore.. his.. cheesy... overly.. weird.. and happy... music..

*goes to die from admitting that*

TrashcanLyd
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm

I like...Fireflies by Owl City.

Haha, even I find that hilarious.
Tell me a story.

Din
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Alright, I've got a new song I have to add, myself.

The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.

It's possibly the cutest song in the whole wide world, and my reputation aside I'd probably cry if someone sang it to me. xDD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TrashcanLyd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Ohhhh mmyyyy goooddddd... Din, I love you now.. You totally reminded me of the song 'Vanilla Twilight' that i MUST send to my bf ^_^ <333

TrashcanLyd
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 pm

I like Poker Faace. And Tik Tok. And Sk8r Boi

Urghhhhhhhggh *Shivers*

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:22 pm

LOL. Basically, everything of Lady Gaga and everything of Ke$ha is that sort of thing I find myself sheepishly singing my lungs out at.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TrashcanLyd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Ohhhhh... I know my new one.. that I Got like 3 days ago..

"I've just seen a face" from Across the Universe

TrashcanLyd
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Jim Sturgess is love.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 pm

I had forgotten this one: Spider Man Theme Song... by Aerosmith. It's geeky and it's rock n' roll! lol
I love it so much I learned how to play it on my guitar, hahaha

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Yes, I too now must find this Jonas Brothers song. I hate them, but my curiosity is running rampant.

I have Ke$ha's album Animal. I must say my favorite song is not Tik Tok, or Kiss and Tell... but Stephen. I must die now. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! It's so effing funny and catchy and... Ugh.. Yeah. I enjoy that song.

I like Garth Brooks, When the Thunder Rolls, too. I get odd looks from people for that one. But his old stuff makes me... sing... a lot.. >_>

I feel judged now.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!