What's YOUR guilty pleasure song?

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

What's YOUR guilty pleasure song?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 pm

A few weeks ago I was in my friend's car, listening to his iPod on shuffle. This is the anti-authority, anti-trend, anti-everything sort of kid who doodles on his arm with sharpie to be different, who wallpapers his room with angry-looking bands in angry-looking poses all tattooed up and whatnot. He was (of course) maxing out the speakers in his little Cavalier with As I Lay Dying Here Alone With My Heart Bleeding On The Floor Of Your Love or some such band. (Note: That's not actually the name of a band.)

Anyways.

I finally grabbed the iPod and started cycling through songs on my own, tired of having my ears throb. Lo and behold, what should I find but Love Story by one very mellow, very sweet and tender Taylor Swift?

The reaction was explosive.

After he went through every excuse from -- "my sister put that on there!" (his sister lives in South Dakota) to "I just got it somewhere, I don't know where!" (oh, he knew where) he finally broke down and admitted that he likes Taylor Swift. Just for that one song, mind. Just for that one song.

So, users of RoleplayGateway! What's your 'just one song!' Everyone has one. Guilty pleasure tracks, the sort you don't want someone to go flicking through your iTunes, or Windows Media Whatever and find. Something that if it played over the speakers at your prom, your party, your coronation, you'd shrivel up and feel absolutely petrified.

Well, I'll start things off. I used to work in a music venue, and so I always tell (boast) people that I've got a wide range of music tastes. I only like songs for thinking people I'll say snobbishly. Yeah. I'm that girl.

1. Drama Queen by Lindsay Lohan.

^Yes, the song from Confessions Of A .. Don't judge. This was back when Lindsay wasn't crazy -- and when she was trying to have a musical career.

2. I have Ashlee Simpson's album. Which one? Doesn't matter.

3. Toxic by Britney Spears

Drama Queen is definitely the worst, though, as I can still sing it. :P

Now, your turn. xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: What's YOUR guilty pleasure song?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Sickness on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:05 am

Before I post this one I'm going to issue my disclaimer that this is in fact my evil twin posting. *nods quickly*

"Breathe" Faith Hill

If you knew how little I care for most songs like this you'd understand.
To every U.S. soldier THANK YOU!

I'm not your precious, oh don't you get on your knees.
Cause every motherfucker wants to taste your disease.
I know your torment was just a part of your plans.
You lie to the sky while you're folding your hands.
I know you hate me, cause I'm all that you need.
Close your eyes, say goodbye, I'm gonna set you free!

And cry sister make it rain.
It makes no difference, you'll never see me again.
Cry Sister, Royal Bliss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Sickness
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:56 am

Sweetie, with a name like The Sickness I can pretty much tell that country-western love ballads aren't going to be predominantly in the front of your mind.

:P

That's a gorgeous song! Very, very, very-very mushy and sentimental, though. I lol'd. This is off to a good start.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust breaaaathe!"

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:30 am

*Coughs*

"Every Time We Touch" by Cascada.

>>
<<
Image Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:35 am

:D

^that's all I have to say on that.

Another one I should have added on the list is 'Hey MIckey' by Toni Basil.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LISTEN TO THIS SONG.

IT'S BOTH ANNOYING AND ADDICTIVE.

YOU WILL DIE.

.. but I sing it all the time.

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 am

Ohh Mickey you' so fine, you' so fine you blow my mind HEY MICKEY!

I remember those days. @_@

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 pm

3. Video Phone - Beyonce ft. Lady Gaga
I moan along with them and get stared at in public. x_X

2. Alejandro - Lady Gaga
"You know that I love you, boy, hot like Mexico, rejoice!"

1. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
This. Oh my god.
You do not know how many times my cousins have looked at this in my iPod and given me the following stare.

"o______________________________________________O"

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DAMN!toasty on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Breaking Free. HSM. -flail- -shot-
THOU SHALT NOT
BURN THE TOAST

DAMN!toasty
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkel on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Like a G6...Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6. ;}

Enkel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Mordred's Lullaby ~ Heather Dale...

It's one of the most disturbing songs that I have ever listened to, and any time I think about it, I want to listen to it over and over again...

Phoenixrisen
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am

'Eenie Meenie' by Justin Bieber ft Sean Kingston.

Shut up.

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:09 pm

"Disturbia" by Rhiana...
/wrists
Characters needing some kind artist to draw them:
Xenthriss C-LINK
Stahlfaust Combine C-LINK
Baron Valdis Oros Goldheart C-LINK

Kriegmesser
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Milkshake by Kelis.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Saarai
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Usually, I'm a metal-head, but I admit to having a soft spot for Magnus Carlsson's "Live Forever." For a time, I was even considering making it my character's theme music for the Grand Tournament because of its themes of never giving up and surviving through everything, but that kind of fell through.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:57 pm

"Ding Dong Song" by Gunther...
You can see me singing ooc often...

Kriegmesser
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kidashka on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 am

Oh god. I have so many ....

Probably the most shameful is that I have the entirety of the Legally Blonde musical on my iPod.

O_e

kidashka
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:56 am

When i feel shit, it's Charon Ride on Tears

Draruto
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemonslayerXXX on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:36 am

I'm a metal head but I also like for some reason out of my comprehension Mika-Lollipop, as weird as that is with a mind like mine you can't stop laughing at the lyrics I have about 2 dozen other songs but don't wish to name them...
My solemn pledge:
By joining this community once more I hereby vow not to abuse anyone who does not deserve it, nor to swear or defile the names of my upper class members. I shall leave all past experiences behind me and look on ahead to become a better member of this society, that is my pledge.

DemonslayerXXX
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 am

"Hey! What's the big idea?

There's no shame in listening to Lollipop because everyone loves that song anyways. xDD

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:56 am

Oh good gawd I am not doing this. <.<... .. ...

Okay fine!

Mika - Love Today.

Kylie Minogue - All the lovers.

Eve - Tambourine. [Or Gangsta Lovin', Or love i- Well, anything by Eve actually! XD]

Basically, I couldn't choose between the three. According to people who have seen my Ipod and the youtube pages on my laptop, white boys aren't allowed to listen to Reggae, randomly bi-sexual high-voiced dewds named Mika, or the queen of Gay music. Go figure. - And tambourine is on there because..well can you -really- blame me? Eve is pwnsome. Full stop. - And I'm instantly allowed to like Kylie Minogue and Mika by default being that I'm Bi. I get that right. *nod, nod*

NeonHigh
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!