Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Where am I? And if so, how many?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Where am I? And if so, how many?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gukky on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:26 am

Hello - I've washed up here and I'd like to make a start, on anything. In fact, the wackier, the better.

So, talk to me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gukky
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Where am I? And if so, how many?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gukky on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:34 am

As an afterthought and deep self-evaluation, I should let you know the following: I'm an antagonist. For no other reason, other than to simply oppose. Not to say that I don't play well with others, but I enjoy being the bad-guy.

So, if you need me to the righteous good stopping your path to world domination, I'll be there.
A chaotic foil to your tidy and clear-cut world? On the first flight there.
The dogged detective building a case against your organisation? Why not?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gukky
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Hello there gukky, and welcome to RPG.

If you're looking to dive right into writing, here are a few places that can help you achieve your goal:

Interest Checks - Whether searching for a one-on-one partner, or seeking people to help you make an idea a reality, this is a place to find collaborators... or advertise your expertise as an evil dude!

Roleplayers Wanted - If the roleplay has already been created and you're seeking writers to fill roles, this is where you would post... or look for others seeking a villain in their already established storyline.

Of course, you could always type in a genre in the search bar at the top. While you're up there, you can take a look at the select few Rules we have.

I hope that helps. If you're still a little lost, check out the Newbie Guide located in the Welcome forum you've just posted in. As always, I'm ready and willing to field any questions you might have.

Happy hunting!

Modesty
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Wacky, hm? Antagonist, hm? I like you.
I can keep myself sane because I’ve got my candy gun!

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gukky on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I've browsed around a bit and I've haven't found anything that matches my interests, but I'm keeping a finger to the pulse.

I'm liked? I like that that you like.

gukky
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:33 am

Is sabotage also on your repertoire of antagonism?

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gukky on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 am

I think I could manage something. For your deep space RP?

gukky
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:00 am

If you’re interested and like the concept. I can’t promise you will or will not be the saboteur... but I do hope for an everyone-against-everyone conflict followed by people choosing sides, for which having a character with an antagonistic personality in the RP would help a lot to make it happen.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gukky on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:19 am

I'd like to take a shot at it. Could you PM me the place to be?

gukky
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Call me Joel on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Hey Gukky!

Well, I and a friend of mine have started up a roleplay, and we're looking for some antagonistic gods/goddesses to join us. (It's a roleplay based around a sandbox setting, with deities and character development and fun stuff like that.) As it is, we don't have any 'true' antagonists, but rather everyone will clash with each other at times and other times cooperate. If you're interested in that sort of a mixed role (Gray and grey morality here, if you do TV Tropes terminology), please check it out, or PM me. The roleplay is called Omnipotence.

--Call Me Joel

Call me Joel
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gukky on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am

Oh, thanks for the invite. I've looked at it and it looks like something I'll be interested in...

gukky
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!