Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Where rivers collide

Where rivers collide

a part of “Where rivers collide”, a fictional universe by Layla.

Two warring kingdoms must form an alliance to defeat an old enemy. To liberate their homes, the six heirs must sacrifice their freedoms and marry their adversaries. [OPEN]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Where rivers collide”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Where rivers collide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Where rivers collide"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Where rivers collide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:06 am

May I reserve the Second Son; Crown Prince of Ezea?

My favorite book is Eon. You should read it, it's a really good story, it has a second book called Eona.

Ancient eras, I just love Old Japanese, Egyptian, and Chinese Ancient history! I get so much inspiration from them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scra
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayKinz on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:10 am

Hi there! I am most interested in joining your RP although in the history I noticed you mentioned about art and it gave me an idea for a character would I be able to play a bard/entertainer character within the palace of Ezea? or perhaps a ladies maid? If not I would love to reserve the Youngest female engaged to the youngest son of Ezea I feel I could make her character extremely fun ^-^

- My favourite book is "Memoirs of a Geisha." Because of the beautiful story it tells and also the wonderful setting. My favourite time period to RP in would have to be that of a supernatural modern day setting.

Do that again, and I will end you!

MayKinz
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks for expressing your interest! I'll reserve the characters for you but as you know, the best writer wins! We expect much from you, pretty lilies.

I like that idea, MayKinz! Then again, I'm also happy for you to play the youngest daughter. Just go ahead and submit whichever character you like best (or even both, if you'd like). Impress us ;)

EDIT: Announcement! I've switched the engagements around because I realised the brooding male coupled with the quiet girl and the flirt with the vain princess would be dreadfully boring. Let me know if this changes anything for you. Feel free to message Taunbon or I if you need help or ideas!

Layla
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mei on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 am

May I reserve The Eldest Daughter

My favorite book is The Hunger Games, also my favorite character is Prim.

And I can roleplay everyday at least I'm going to try.
"It doesn't matter how many relationships we seem to have. We're all alone."

Mei
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fable on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:36 am

Hello.

I would very much like to reserve the youngest son from the House of Anarane, if that's at all possible?

My favourite books are all from the Skulduggery Pleasant series; I favoured the fifth book, Mortal Coil, over the seven that I have read so far, and my favourite character would have to be Tanith. Also, I think I prefer contemporary and futuristic roleplays above all, but I'm not exactly limited to just those two.
"When you have a connection with someone, it never really goes away. You snap back to being important to each other because you still are."
- Alex Vause (OITNB)

Fable
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 am

Will do! If you don't see your names in the intro page, don't worry, I haven't forgotten you. I can't wait to read your characters!

I've read Eon, Memoirs, Hunger Games and the first Skulduggery book. Those are all great choices. Totally GM approved. But speaking of futuristic role-plays, has anybody watched Interstellar? Oh, my gosh, that movie stomped on my lungs.

Layla
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:27 am

This RP looks lovely and I would love to be a part of it as the Youngest Daughter of the House of Kashatir if I may?

I don't have a favorite book, there are too many to choose from that I have enjoyed although I recently finished a novel by the name of Eve and Adam that was cute.

My favorite time period to role-play is the future because there are so many opportunities to come up with something never before seen!

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ᏝᏋᎥᏗ on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:39 am

May I compete for the Eldest Daughter spot please? ^^

There are so many books I've read that I honestly don't know, but I'll have to go with either THG, Unwind Series, or Les Miserables. My favourite character from Les Mis is Fantine. :D

And, like Cheshire_Girl, I love futuristic and sci-fi RPs. That's where we can use our imagination and make up new things!

ᏝᏋᎥᏗ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 am

Yes, you may indeed compete for the two daughters, ᏝᏋᎥᏗ and Cheshire! I find the best characters are made when you have to fight for them.

I haven't read the others but Les Mis is genius. Eponine is my favourite but Fantine is a close second.

Cheshire, I've read Eve and Adam! That is a really cute book; not quite what I was expecting. Adam's dreeaammmy.

Yeah, futuristic RPs are great to play but a pain in the ass to write haha. There's just so much of the world that you have to create from scratch, but the experience is incomparable if you're lucky enough to meet a great group of writers with colossal imaginations.

By the way, ᏝᏋᎥᏗ, your signature is a work of art.

Layla
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:36 pm

It was not Michael Grant's best work, but it was a nice read. The Gone series was better and quite haunting.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm going to have to back out of this one. Good luck and I wish you success in your RP.
Last edited by Cheshire_Girl on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Is it still possible to claim the second son of Anarane?

Oborosen
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:55 pm

@Oborosen: Sure, you are welcome to make a character for the second son.

Nice quote in the sig, that is from Inquisitors, isn't it?

Taunbon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Reservations
We're expecting characters from the following people so far. You have 48 hours. Note that if you are unable to finish your character in this time, you should send in a WIP with, at the very least, the description of their personalities completed.

Crown Price of Ezea || ઽ૮૨α, Oborosen

Youngest Ezean Son || [color=#red]Taken[/color]

Eldest Xirali Daughter || Mei, ᏝᏋᎥᏗ

Youngest Xirali Daughter || MayKinz

Good luck.
Last edited by Layla on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Layla
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fable on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:56 am

Hey again.

Look, this roleplay is awesome and I'd really love to make a character, but I'm struggling with this more than I thought I would and so I don't think I'll be making one.

Really sorry to let you down. Good luck with the roleplay.

Fable
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:17 am

No worries, Fable! Thanks for letting us know.

Layla
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:15 pm

@Taunbon Actually its from the original 40K handbook, But it was reprinted in its entirety when Inquisitors came around. Its also used in the third crusade book as well, Just missing the actual quote from who it came from.

Alright, I will try and dig up a character for the Rp. Maybe find a decent enough face claim as well for him. Though I usually don't do that myself, been trying to get into it. I usually have one of my own pics or one from a DeviantArt buddy that works.

Oborosen
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:01 pm

@Oborosen: I wasn't referring to the Inquisitor game, I meant the quote, itself, IIRC, was said by Inquisitors (I cannot recall who said it). They also have one in Fantasy akin to that, but they simply replace 'billions' with village as something a Witch Hunter said.

I understand, it takes me a long, long time to find a FC as well.

Taunbon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:22 pm

@Oborosen
I'm really good with FCs (or I have a hell of a lot of spare time) if you need any help!! Ah, you have a DA account? I haven't been on it in ages. The layout's changed a lot.

Btw, aarondalea will be joining us, writing for the Youngest prince of Ezea! :) S/he's an awesome writer and a... Well, s/he's okay as a person, I guess. (Haha jk jk, aaron's a fantastic creature. I command you to show love.)

Layla
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Haha seeing as Layla has already helped announce my presence in the role-play, I'll just pop in and say a little: hey, guys :)

*aaron out*
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!