Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Where Do You Hail From?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Where Do You Hail From?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun May 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Let's hear it!

I was born in Texas and am currently living in Missouri.

And you...?

EDIT: Grammar
Last edited by Kronos on Sun May 02, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Where Do You Hail From?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun May 02, 2010 10:26 pm

I was born in Massachusetts and currently living on the New Hampshire Seacoast.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Born in Miami Beach, Florida, currently living in Southwestern Wisconsin. I've moved 8 times in the last 10 years.

Traveler
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun May 02, 2010 10:38 pm

In before someone quotes the opening theme of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."

Anyhow, I was born in Wisconsin, then lived in Oklahoma for a few years before moving back to the Badger State. I lived there for about 10 years or so before moving to Michigan in the winter of 2000-2001, where I have resided since.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nautsabes on Mon May 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Born and raised in Michigan. Still kickin' it old school here.

Nautsabes
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeartClutch on Mon May 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Born in Singapore.
Mama = German, French.
Papa = Chinese, Tibetan, maybe a little Indian.
Lived in Germany for a year.
Now I live in New York.

HeartClutch
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Born and spent my early childhood in the area surrounding Milton Keynes, England, moved near Liverpool, England until I went to University and currently in Wales, at said University.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue May 04, 2010 11:07 am

Born in Cheshire, UK- land of salt mining, Cheshire cheese and Joy Division. Currently at uni in Oxford, which is as weird and wonderful as one might imagine. Next year I'm moving to the Big Smoke to spend another three years as a displaced Northerner. And then... Probably back up North again! Maybe to Manchester.

NorthernSoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue May 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Born in New York, being a military brat I have lived in a half-dozen countries before I was 10, lived in 12 states through out my life and now currently reside in Pennsylvania with my wife, and our dog and cat. Looking to move to Hawaii because, well, we want to retire there and live out the rest of our lives on the leeward side of the islands enjoying Lava Flows, Luaus and raising little skallagrims to haunt RolePlayGateway.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Born in Kentucky (where the town reflected the rest of my life: Hazard)
Moved when I was two to Virginia where I spent the next 12 years getting into and out of trouble in the middle of no where. Moved four times in the next four years to Kentucky, the other side of Virginia, Colorado, and then back to Virginia.

Moved down to Alabama after a little over a year in Virginia and attempting to learn how to stay in one place again. I don't know how you people do it! But hey, living on the island makes me want to stay here a bit longer, so I may manage for a few years. It's been almost two already!
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Thu May 06, 2010 4:32 am

I was born in Alaska where I have lived all 15 years of my life. I once went to Oklahoma when I was five.... But other than that.. I haven't even ever BEEN anywhere accept here. Trying to get out though [Three more years!]

Then, I'm probably going to go to Colorado or Oregon, people have told me they are both beautiful places and they are both places I've wanted to visit all my life. (:
♥UCTigerette♥
♥ImagineThat!♥
♥RaeRaeButterfly♥
♥Music♥
♥Lavender♥
♥Aika♥
♥Nezzera♥
♥Ariki♥
♥Adrianna♥
♥Tæfarós♥
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♥OriginalSix♥

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Buddywazzizname on Tue May 11, 2010 2:29 am

Grew up around the Greater Toronto Area, but currently live a bit further to the north in Holygoddamnitsnowsinjuneland.

Takes a while to get that pronounciation right...

Buddywazzizname
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 am

i'm out of virginia

Draruto
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue May 11, 2010 11:02 pm

I currently live in North Texas, tornado alley and have done so for roughly the past little while.
Last edited by Absenthia on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing personal information

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ' ' Lexigona ' ' on Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm

My family is from Ireland on my Mom's side, I'm currently in North Texas.

' ' Lexigona ' '
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 am

Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and have never lived anywhere else except for this beautiful state, that makes all your other homes look like pieces of shit, that for some reason was devoured by a dog, vomitted up, eaten again, shitted out, eaten once more, and then vomitted up, before having the process repeated tenfold by a swarm of hyenas.

Alucroas
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Tue May 25, 2010 11:24 am

I'm an Okie, born and bred in Tulsa.

dig17
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Wed May 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Born in Ontario...live in...wait for it...waaaaait for ittttt...ONTARIO.
But I have half (Dad's side) of my family in Germany. I'd live there for a while if I could. >.<
There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.
- Brian Aldiss

Essa
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Star on Thu May 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Born is Pennsylvania, then moved to Florida when I was little, then back to go ol PA again.

Dark Star
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am

Born and raised in southern California, Santa Clarita, but then I moved to Chicago, IL when I was 16, when i turned 18 I moved to Port Angeles, Washington, and now I reside in North Texas, the DFW Area.
Nip it in the bud.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!