Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Who is/are your favorite Super Hero(es)?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Superman
No votes
Batman
31%
Robin
2%
Spiderman
8%
The Hulk
No votes
Iron Man
4%
Power Rangers
No votes
Hancock
6%
X-Men
6%
Wonder Woman
2%
The Tick
2%
The Flash
4%
Aquaman
No votes
Ghostbusters
4%
The Venture Bros
No votes
Hellboy
4%
The Incredibles
No votes
The Green Lantern
No votes
Silver Surfer
2%
Dare Devil
2%
Captain America
6%
Captain Planet
2%
Teen Titans
6%
Justice Friends
No votes
Punisher
6%

Total votes : 48

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:12 am

This poll was inevitable. With the flood of super hero movies in recent years, there comes a time to see who reigns supreme.

I put a mixture of super heroes and groups on the list to get a silly rise out of some people. A lot of these really make me think back to child hood. Some of them may not be dubbed 'Super Heroes' by society, but hell, they are by my standards.

If you have another suggestion of someone for me to add, let me know and I'll switch one of them out if I see fit.

If you pick a group, tell us which of the group is your favorite! I didn't want to list all of the X-men out, for example, because they'd take up half the list. :/

My personal favorite...BATMAN. Always has been. The Dark Knight was the greatest movie of all time in my eyes.

Have at it, folks. <3
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Who is/are your favorite Super Hero(es)?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 am

I voted as well. I have three heroes I enjoyed reading as a kid, Captain America, Spiderman and the Batman. I would have voted for the Tick if you had put him on there though because the big lug is just too funny. SPOOOOOOON!
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 am

I'm stuck between Batman and Spider-man. They both, to me, symbolize realism (didn't like Hancock XD). Parker was a real nerd, and he goes through some real problems (finding a job, taking care of his aunt), but at the same time Batman's got loads of cash and doesn't REALLY have a super-power...Except loads of cash.

But since I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC, I'm sticking with Spidey. Batman as runner-up, and Hellboy taking third. :3

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 am

OMG SKALL!! I CANNOT BELIEVE I LEFT OFF THE TICK!! I grew up with him!

-Scurries to take someone off and put The Tick in their place!!!-

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:52 am

Oh man, this is such a tough choice for the dedicated nerd! >< Why, Dani, whyyyyyyy?!

Batman and Spiderman were always my favorites when I was a kid, but Batman marginally more so. My brother and I used to...yes, role play, and he was always Batman, I was always Robin. So those two have a deep seeded throne in my heart. Still...Spiderman! <3

Now, if you had put the BatCLAN or BatFAMILY (same things) instead of just Batman....well, this would be a whole new game. Has anyone ever heard of Cassandra Cain, the Batgirl that's not a complete high-heel wearing moron? No? Pity.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Billie_blujean on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:53 am

Okay. I picked Batman, but I have to make it clear that I like BATMAN, not Batman and Robin. And here's why.

I am a HUGE fan of the idea that a superhero has to be alone. Isolation is key to me. The idea of being completely isolated - no trusted friends, no loved ones, makes the fact that this person turns to helping those less fortunate that much better. And the fact that they don't do it for power, or money (at least not the way that super-villains do) makes them more of an embodiment of good.

Obviously, Batman has his issues - all superheroes do. And there are moments of weakness and moments of fear and wonder and then there are moments where truth, light, and justice shine through and you realize (along with the hero) that this is why they do what they do. This is why they ostracize themselves, this is why they give up on hopes of love, family, and normalcy. And that's pretty intense.

Batman is dark and dangerous. With his cool weaponry, with his quick wit, with his seriously disturbed mentality, he could be one nasty son-of-a-gun. But, his thoughts always turn back to his parents, laying on the sidewalk, bleeding and dying, and he realizes that safety and security is what people (especially children, in my opinion) need - and he realizes that he can offer it to them more so than any police officer, any government official, any well-meaning citizen. He doesn't have super powers, he doesn't have something that makes him more than human. All he has is money, and a conscience. And so he does what he has to.

And that makes him the ultimate hero. He's a police officer willing to take a bullet, an EMT who doesn't have to sleep, a firefighter impervious to flame. He's there, without question (at least not a question big enough to keep him home), and he handles things the only way he knows how. Because he has to handle them. Why? Because he can. Because it's his duty to make sure that no child is left in the street weeping over their mother's broken body. Because it's his own, moral law.
~*~*The insecurity is almost as dire as the actual incidents: Much like democratic presidencies, we live in constant fear, never knowing when the next one will occur*~*

Billie_blujean
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:57 am

You didn't put on Enemy Ace.
Why are violent Super Heroes forgotten?...
I vote for Enemy Ace!
Best Super Tragic Villan ever drawn!

Second place has the Haunted Tank, an M3 "JEB Stuart", crewed by General Stuart's namesake and company, 1943, in the hell that is North Africa.

Third Place is taken by Batman, because he dosen't need Super Powers to kick your ass. :D

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:46 am

I voted for Hellboy, even though I know that many of you will disagree if I said Hellboy was among the coolest of the of Super Heroes, but I know others might agree with me.

Sincerely, I never grew up reading comic books. I mainly grew up reading books on how things worked and simple story books. Lame isn't it? D=

I watched the first part of Hellboy, and from there onwards I was hooked; hence, my reason for voting Hellboy. 8D
And now you know, a very miniscule part of my history.

HELLBOY FTW! =D

KyojoKen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 pm

.... No Peter Petrelli D:
Damnit.
Hancock it is then. That was a good film :3
(I didn't read comics when I was younger, so I watch Heroes instead :3)

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ultimate523 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:14 pm

Wolverine and Deadpool are my favourite superheroes. Superman sucks. There's way too many villains that I like as well.
"You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want."
Zig Ziglar

ultimate523
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akemi_Idane on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:18 pm

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know who I picked XD
My family just bought season two. I love that guy :D
ImageImageImage

Akemi_Idane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Yay! Batman is winning!! Billie, I love your long, detailed explanation. I commend you!

Ottoman, I tried to pick people that mostly everyone knew. The list only allows for 25 slots. :/

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Captain Planet, obviously.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Billie_blujean on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:51 am

Thanks, Angel Melfina.

Billie_blujean
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Batman is the greatest superhero ever!
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malice on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:45 am

Batman first and I would've picked Hellboy...if I woulda saw him :/

I like Batman because he's simple and effective. He's got infinite amounts of money and that's about it. Except for awesome gadgets that mysteriously arrive at the right time. Batman's got wit, he's got the money, he's got the badassery moreso than any other superhero out there...'cept for Hellboy. 8D

Malice
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 pm

I'm the best Super-Hero, obviously.

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theskaboss on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 am

I chose Batman, I've always loved the comics and old cartoons, even that old scooby doo episode where the gang teams up with Batman and Robin. So it's not just because the new Batman movie ROCKS! He's the only super hero I can think of who's sorta a regular guy, he wasn't dipped in toxic waste, injected with anything that turns you green, and he isn't from another planet. He's human, like you or me, besides being filthy rich of coarse. It kind of saying they're is a hero in all of us..Ha.

theskaboss
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 am

BATMAN WINZZZ?! RWAR?!

I guess I should have put a deadline on the poll. <_<

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:18 pm

Batman for me. I have yet to see the Dark Knight but Batman has always been a favorite of mine. Not to mention every Batman movie/cartoon I've seen it's always a lot better than the superman and spiderman ones. Who I also like but I really don't like how the new Superman movies are turning out.
But yeah, Batman, his black cape, sidekick Robin, and the Batmobile. ^_^ Totally one me at Batmobile.

EDIT: LOL Mel you kill me. xD

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!