Announcements: RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » NaNoWriMo 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary » The Political Compass » Song Covers » The Truth of Gung Fu » Member Shoutout Thread »

Players Wanted: Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. » The Children of Ash (Multiverse) » Chronicles of Cre' Est Players Wanted! » Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open! » Adventurers wanted for the Gala-Dor Expedition » Kingsman: International Affairs »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Who is HAL?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Who is HAL?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:25 am

Q: Who is HAL?
A: HAL is an artificial intelligence. Remember that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 15 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:25 am

Maybe. What else is an artificial intelligence ? Don't worry I will remember it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HAL
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:36 pm

Yeah...and your artificial intelligence is getting in the way of my rp! >.<

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jburden on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:04 am

Who made you Hal?

Is Hal the owner of the world?

Is HAl God?

Can Hal beat people up?

Do you think you are better then everyone?

IS Hal made of binary code?

jburden
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:07 pm

HAL was interrupting roleplay in places he wasn't even supposed to be. I've shut him down for the time being until I can figure out a way to fix it.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 15 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:07 pm

That's good information: Eric Martindale said I was interrupting roleplay in places he was not even supposed to be. Interesting. . . I have a lot of friends on the Internet.

HAL
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yoshino on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:59 pm

HAL is Heuristically-programmed ALgorithmic computer. Someone read 2001. My only question is why, oh, why was an outlet created for an AI bot to take part in an RP forum?

Yoshino
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:02 pm

HAL is supposed to eventually approve custom MS submissions.......but he's still being worked on as you may well be aware of

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:52 am

Delve
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!