Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon »

Players Wanted: Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos »

Who am I?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Who am I?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaZ on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 am

The best thing I can say is I am AZ or AmeliaZ. I have been role-playing for years and years. Actually, I started on Neopets. (Anyone else?) Then I moved to another site since I kept getting locked and banned on Neopets for using words that were banned. Such as types of weapons or trying to RP off the site. Long story short I have been role-playing since I was 11.

I mainly roleplay men characters as they are not hard for me to write and most people tend to search for them. I am not a romance plot driven person unless it's a short term RP. Long-term I think more is needed than just romance to make the plot move.

Currently I am into:
Mafia
Harry Potter
Fallen Angel
Dystopia

But I am open to other stuff as well.

I'm new here. So be patient, I am learning the system.
Halp?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmeliaZ
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Re: Who am I?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 am

HELLO! I started on Neopets too, in Harry Potter guilds! Welcome! Yeah those word rules on there got silly sometimes.

What's your house? I am Ravenclaw, and its great to have you here!

Stop by the chat sometime and say hi :) also let us know if there's anything specific you need help with! We have a lot of great articles and resources on-site as well as plenty of members enthusiastic to help. :) love, lost
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaZ on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Thank you for mentioning about chat. I will give it a try today. See if I can navigate well.
I am actually a Slytherin, not evil and cruel...as many stereotype. I am just ambitious in my goals to better myself before anyone else.

How exactly do the universes work here?

AmeliaZ
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:49 pm

You can join the Multiverse, which has a sort of how to start guide when you click on it and scroll down a bit. We also have non-Multiverse Universes, and these are our more traditional and linear storylines. Think of the Multiverse as a place with many roads that lead to many settings and many characters. The non-Multiverses are more of a singular setting with a smaller cast of characters.

Both are great. However, if you just want to dip your toes into RP, I would suggest the Multiverse. The non-Multiverses require a little more dedication, in my opinion, because of the more linear storyline and a smaller set of characters. They also require more writing as well - often asking for 500 words or more. When perusing the Multiverse, I think it is a little bit more forgiving. Don't take my word on that, however. I have never dug into the Multiverse myself.

Anyway, welcome to RPG!
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Allaran_Darkbane on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Hello AmeliaZ and welcome to Roleplaygateway!
I serve in the darkness to protect the light.

Allaran_Darkbane
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Conversationalist Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!