Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Why GWing Is Better Than MySpace

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Why GWing Is Better Than MySpace

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm

I've said it a thousand times, and here's the top ten list:

10. It's just better.
Simply because I said so.

9. No annoying ads.
We don't have those flash banner things on GWing. And we never will.

8. No annoying music.
We don't have embedded music that's going to kill the music you're already playing, sound downright horrible, or simply sound like BAD MUSIC. Sure, we might have a radio station or two... sometimes... but definitely none of the annoying genre that is MySpace's embedded music.

7. No annoying flash animations embedded in content that all play at once.
I'm tired of hearing "Shake that ass, and let me see what you got!" at the same time "Numa Numa" is playing. I'm ESPECIALLY tired of either of these playing in conjunction with number eight. We don't have it.

6. Our gallery is better.

5. Our friends list function is better.

4. Our people actually care about you.
If there's something that's bothering you, or something you want, we'll do our absolute best to fix, add, or remove things that people ask for.

3. Because saturn said so.
<saturn> Every website that's not myspace is better than myspace.

2. Our people are nicer.
Seriously. You guys rock.

1. GWing isn't a cesspool.
99% of MySpace is the bottom 1% of society. Enough said.

And there you have it, folks. Any questions? Additions? Subtractions? Stock market predictions?

Here's a late addition: GWing pwns Myspace Black Tee Shirt
Last edited by Remæus on Mon May 15, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Sun May 14, 2006 9:35 pm

I dunno... Gundam music would be cool, but is not necessary. Other than that...I agree. I highly dislike MySpace users.

Exceptfor Numa Numa. Gotta love the stupidity of that fat dude... (shakes his head as he walks away, while quietly humming: Maiy e Uh hee...)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm

Yeah, Numa Numa's good. But JEEZUS. I have to scramble through the pages to find whatever rap crap is playing overtop of it, plus the users' embedded music... only to find that the content is altogether unreadable, generally stupid, and if it wasn't giving me a headache from the music, the unreadable text, it was killing my brain cells for lack of intelligent life.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon May 15, 2006 1:53 am

I am totally sure that I am too old for myspace and therefor as far as I am concerned Gwing and myspace don't even occupy the same universe

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 15, 2006 2:21 am

MySpace has made many of my brain cells perform Hara-Kiri.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon May 15, 2006 6:44 pm

I used to have a MysSpace account...as well as a few of my friends...here's my story.

Well, I got some good music (Coldplay) and nothing else, played it, and had a good ol' time pimping my site up...then I started going to other people's sites...

I swear, no people could be more retarded.

There were idiots everywhere, especially drunk idiots that like to take pictures of themselves crapping (It's happened!)

Eventually, after having 400 people comment me on how much Coldplay sucks, I gave up. I changed my name, took down all my pics, and said I was Trent Reznor, then never went back again.

Now, I trust only Gwing, the nice people, and for my journal blogging picture needs, I go to Tagged, where no one knows my name ^____^
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon May 15, 2006 9:45 pm

But coldplay does suck....they just want to be Radiohead lol, kidding (though I do think Radiohead is superior to Coldplay).

I have a myspace. I barely use it. Most of the people I've met through myspace...scare me/digust me. That doesn't happen here.

About Gundam Music...I have pretty much all of the soundtracks so it can be possible for me to get whatever anybody wants.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 15, 2006 10:54 pm

Woo, added GWing pwns Myspace Black Tee Shirt.

Yeah, I agree with Kiyoshi. I tend to get along with the people who happen to stumble upon GWing. I think we've targeted the right market.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon May 15, 2006 11:22 pm

This being the "Hey, I've got better things to do than to complain to everyone how it took me a year and a half to realize my girlfriend was sleeping with all my friends" market?
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue May 16, 2006 5:24 am

Yeah, I believe that description applies here.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Yaaaay!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 9:02 am

GWing will not give you crap that you don't want to deal with. Here members are respected and if there is something that someone would rather not see (I.E. seuxal content and of the like) they are not pressed to aprticipate except through a bit of friendly peer pressure.

Also I get the feeling that on MySpace, most lie about themselves and that's not a feeling I get here regardless fo the fact that most RP as someone other than themselves. At least we're predicatable when we're not being ourselves, you can't count on that on/in MySpace.

Also the admin is much better, more attentive and gives a shit about the site. His concerns are to make the site better and to make sure that it does not go in a direction he doesn't want it to. That other dude, I doubt he cares what others do with their profiles.

As a former member of MySpace, I say that GWing is a much better environment where I learn more (than just about my friend's trysts with their Top Ten), meet new people that have similar interests and aren't completely perverted and trying to see pictures of me, and also where there's some good RP.

You can't get RP on MySpace, no matter how hard you try. Just for that GWing wins.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue May 16, 2006 9:22 pm

Amen, Kessa, amen!

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Wed May 17, 2006 5:07 am

I think that gwing is the best because we can all express our literary power to the fullest extent or to the extent that one wishes to take it. My Space is full of txt tlk ...wh...people. I bet if you yell gerund they will all run away.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu May 18, 2006 12:38 am

I have never believed in MySpace or LiveJournals for two simple reasons:

1. If I wanted to know about you, I'd ask.

2. If you want to know about me, ask.

In all honesty, with the atmosphere here I know people will ask if they have questions, where as over there for me it's "I really don't care that you can't see out of your left eye because you need to be a trendy anti-trendy because you can't let the media that you are using to convey this message, surpress the views you don't have." If I did, I'd ask. Simple, and if I don't care that you're a hippy emo freakshow with noone who understands you, why are you going to care that I'm a bisexual papa roach fanatic? You're not.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu May 18, 2006 12:34 pm

and then there is my roomate. Lives on my space, and complains to me about the people on it. I have become determined to save his soul from the control of my spcae so far so good, i guess, now he is addicted to neopets. A step up in my opinion.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu May 18, 2006 1:18 pm

My daughter (4) likes Neopets, though it is still a considerable step up from myspace. I got there once by mistake and regreted it instantly. My ex's daughter spends almost all her time messing with myspace drives the ex up the wall.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel on Wed May 24, 2006 9:16 am

my space just sucks altogether. nothing but a bunch of preppies and pervs. least its quiet on here. even if i do only know the metro people.........

Angel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 24, 2006 9:38 am

Mmm, I must agree. Too many people obsessed with various little crutches...

Offtopic: Welcome to the site!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:04 am

Ugh! Myspace...

one word: perverts. They are everywhere in there, and they have an easy time finding the people they wish to prey on in there. I REFUSE TO BE PREY!

Okay. That was my little rant about Myspace. ::sigh:: If only certain other friends of mine would see the light and stop asking me to go to their page and tell them what I think...

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:11 am

Because Erik Gives out free Vespain gas.

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.