Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Why no posts???

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Coders, Scholars

Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions you have, please post here.

Why no posts???

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FireCat on Wed May 02, 2007 10:04 pm

I placed at least three posts/replies on the fantasy forum...yesterday morning. It is now after 11PM the next day. Several viewers but no posts. Why? It spoils the fun. I am getting tired of waiting. I want the stories to go on. Is it usually this slow to RP if you don't use the Chat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FireCat
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu May 03, 2007 1:05 am

To answer your question FireCat, it really all just depends on how often the people you roleplay with are on. The chat generally isn't much faster as the people all have to BE there for it to work. Just try to be patient and understand if someone cannot post at a given time. A god way to get around this problem is to state a minimum amount of posts per time period, (e.g. 1 post per day minimum, 3 per week minimum, etc.). If you find yourself stuck for a protracted period of time, consider what you may want to do in the future with the RP or develop your character more. Edit posts and check them for spelling, conventions etc., be active in other areas of the website. Don't be to frentic to get an RP going like a post every 2 hours or something, people are rarely on often enough to get more than one or two posts a day. And while th chat can be slow it's a great palce to bounce ideas or just make idle chatter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Azmodai2
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Thu May 03, 2007 5:36 am

Well, FireCat, as Azmodai explained, on the forums it CAN be slow, as a lot of people are not able to be on permantly, and when they do, may only look at RPs that they are currently involved in, mainly due to a lack of time.

This factor is especially prevalent at the moment as a lot of people are studying for finals and various other exams, so have a VERY limited time online.

In regards to new RPs, it does take a while to get interest up, but you could advertise on the RP Advertisements thread, which will bring attention to the RP for you.

And, in regards to the chat, at the moment, for similiar reasons, it does have its slow moments where it is very quiet, especially for me, being the UK and what not! :P

However, in the evenings, US time, there are usually a fair number of people on there who would be happy to RP.

Due to the very nature of the two RPing media, chat style is much faster in progressing, but the forums allow for much more detailed posts etc.

I would recommend the Chat RP if you would like something a little more fast paced, and as Azmodai2 said, it is a good place to have a chit chat and get to know a few of the people.

It is also probably the quickest and easiest way of getting hold of staff members - I know that myself and Eric (Ramaeus, the owner of the site) are on there all day every day in general.

So, really, just have patience, the activity will come in time for your RPs, it just takes a while.

But keep up the good work, we are happy to have someone as proactive as you.

Any more questions, do not hesitate to PM me on here, or chat to me on the site's chat service.

RPGateway Moderator and RP Academy Principal
~Lord Saladin

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amethyst Knight on Sat May 05, 2007 3:22 pm

later i'll look at the posts and join!

Amethyst Knight
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.