Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

Wicker House

Wicker House

a part of “Wicker House”, a fictional universe by Attie.

The Wicker House is host to those who reside in it, both dead and alive. It will test the perspectives of the tenants with paranormal activity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wicker House”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Wicker House

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Sun May 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Hey guys, how's it going?

My name is Attie and I've been a roleplayer for over a decade both in the forums, in MMORPGs, and chatrooms back when that was a thing. My aim here with this roleplay is to create a structured sandbox with a GM (Game Master) lead.

If you don't know what a sandbox is, it is a detailed world that only the GM knows to it's fullest extent, so that as your character explores further in to different locations within it, you are both OOCly (Out of Character) and ICly (In-Charater) informed of what you find.

If you're unfamiliar with what I imply with leading as a GM, my intentions are this:
  • - To invest time and work in to creating plot twists and minor characters known as NPCs for short to bring a further immersion in to Cobailaville and Wicker House
  • - To commit to predetermined Beginning and End while permitting free-will in an open-world structure for you, the players, to make your own unscripted choices and actions.
  • - To encourage and promote story line development when things get tough or writer's block attacks.

At the end of the day, I am aware of the statistics of a roleplay on forums like these to reach completion. While I have plans to, and checkpoints along the way to keep interest and keep on the path towards a finish, I also ask that you acknowledge:
  • - There are consequences for actions of the characters. Your character can get hurt.
  • - That being said, your character could also die. I will do my best to make sure that before this happens, you've have ample opportunity to enjoy yourself in the game and as the character so that it isn't as anticlimatic as some of our latest TV shows. Also, the more careful your character, the longer they're likely to live.
  • - I will be sending you PMs in regards to your character's findings, or to get to know them better so I can better attune the horror and fears per character. I will also try to interact and establish a basis of relations in PM and in this OOC forum for the sake of comradery in roleplaying and writing.

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask.

I will have a character sheet up soon, but if you're interested, feel free to say so in this thread!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Attie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Wicker House

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Mon May 25, 2015 12:07 am

Super interested! I'm a little busy atm with real life and such (I just had surgery so its likely I wont be on in a consistent manner for the next week or so) but would love to join up if that isn't going to be a problem. Every other day would be no problem for me.
“I still get nightmares. In fact, I get them so often I should be used to them by now. I'm not. No one ever really gets used to nightmares.” - House Of Leaves

"Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." - Twenty One Pilots

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LogantheCope
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 am

LogantheCope wrote:Super interested! I'm a little busy atm with real life and such (I just had surgery so its likely I wont be on in a consistent manner for the next week or so) but would love to join up if that isn't going to be a problem. Every other day would be no problem for me.

Oh man. Definitely make sure you get some rest and recover. Surgery is no joke.

I imagine it will take at least a week to get the interest out, characters created, edited, and accepted, and then get the ball officially rolling. Therefor, I don't think it would be a problem at all.

I do appreciate your interest, though. Tell a friend!

Attie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Possibility on Mon May 25, 2015 12:26 pm

This look amazing! I'm in... can we submit a character sheet now/start working on one?

Possibility
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Mon May 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Possibility wrote:This look amazing! I'm in... can we submit a character sheet now/start working on one?

Hi! I appreciate the enthusiasm! I'm in the middle of making an official character sheet, but if you want to begin gathering the main things you'll need (Name, age, etc) I certainly wouldn't frown!

I'll try to have that character sheet up by the end of the work day. (7pm CST)

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Mon May 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Sorry for that interruption. I was going to make the CS a type of 'housing application' but decided better of it. When trying to create it, it looked sloppy and had information that wasn't necessary and we'd have to come up with in tedious fashion. Blah.

So here's the old one back. I get that the last part may be confusing, so I'll do my best clear it up with my own example.

While the format is important to me in the sense that it is clean and neat so I can read and access it quickly for what I'll need as a GM, you have free reigns to use colors (so long as they're not too bright) and as many images as you'd like. Make it yours!

Edit Note: I have mine up and will be updating it. I have to pause for a couple of hours until I get off work and head home to finish.

Code: Select all
[hr][/hr]

[right][img]http://www.nakeeshasnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/your-photo-here-nakeeshas-nutrition-nakeesha-harris.png[/img][/right][b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nickname:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] Years old // DOB // Sign // Meyers-Briggs

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b] While there are two opportunities in this character sheet to present an image, you may also explain anything unseen or special about them.

[b]Personality:[/b] What kind of person is this, what's their general demeanor?

[b]A Brief History:[/b] Give me an elevator speech about the kind of life they've had.

[hr][/hr]

[center][img]http://www.nakeeshasnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/your-photo-here-nakeeshas-nutrition-nakeesha-harris.png[/img][/center]

Here is the part where I ask you to give me a sample of your writing. Not just any old sample from where you've been role-playing already, but simply answer the question in the form of a forum post. This will be used as the introduction to your first post in the actual role-play.

[b]Describe what happened on the open-house you attended that made your character take the plunge and become a tenant?[/b]
Remember, you have free reign here. They could have been in need and not even gone to the open house, and simply sent the money to the required location. Or, they could have gone and met the woman everyone calls Ms. Burns - the House Keeper. She'll be the one who showed the house to everyone from the first to the third floors. She will refuse to go to the basement, but she will allow you to. If your character is one of those who goes in to the basement, send me a PM beforehand and I will tell you what your character finds down there on their visit.

Keep in mind, there are seven bedrooms. One is a master bedroom with attached master bath. The other six are upstairs on the second floor and they share two guest bathrooms on either end of the hall. Assume the rooms to be identical, save for that three face East and three face West. I will try and draw a simple floor plan for ease and you can claim the location yours.

If you have ANY questions about this, please let me know in the OOC thread if you have the courage. Maybe your question is the same as someone else's.

ImageName:

Nickname:

Physical Description: While there are two opportunities in this character sheet to present an image, you may also explain anything unseen or special about them.

Personality: What kind of person is this, what's their general demeanor?

A Brief History: Give me an elevator speech about the kind of life they've had.

Here is the part where I ask you to give me a sample of your writing. Not just any old sample from where you've been role-playing already, but simply answer the question in the form of a forum post. This will be used as the introduction to your first post in the actual role-play.

Describe what happened on the open-house you attended that made your character take the plunge and become a tenant?
Remember, you have free reign here. They could have been in need and not even gone to the open house, and simply sent the money to the required location. Or, they could have gone and met the woman everyone calls Ms. Burns - the House Keeper. She'll be the one who showed the house to everyone from the first to the third floors. She will refuse to go to the basement, but she will allow you to. If your character is one of those who goes in to the basement, send me a PM beforehand and I will tell you what your character finds down there on their visit.

Keep in mind, there are seven bedrooms. One is a master bedroom with attached master bath. The other six are upstairs on the second floor and they share two guest bathrooms on either end of the hall. Assume the rooms to be identical, save for that three face East and three face West. I will try and draw a simple floor plan for ease and you can claim the location yours.

If you have ANY questions about this, please let me know in the OOC thread if you have the courage. Maybe your question is the same as someone else's.

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

1. Noting my interest o/.
2. Beginning the character creation process.
3. Excited.

Artik
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Mon May 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Artik wrote:1. Noting my interest o/.
2. Beginning the character creation process.
3. Excited.

Seems legit! I look forward to it!

And thank you for the interest.

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Possibility on Mon May 25, 2015 8:19 pm

I have Haven submitted-- I hope I did the bottom portion right :/

I took a break from Role-play a while ago, I hope this is roleplay a good choice to make a come back in, and I hope I don't disappoint :)

Possibility
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Mon May 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Possibility wrote:I have Haven submitted-- I hope I did the bottom portion right :/

I took a break from Role-play a while ago, I hope this is roleplay a good choice to make a come back in, and I hope I don't disappoint :)

Nailed it on the head! Haven looks great. (:

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 am

Looking good thus far, Olav. Can't wait for the finished product!

(Speaking of which... Finishing mine, now..)

In regards to rent, Ms. Burns would have given a fantastic rate. In Texas (in the area I live), the normal rate for a 1br apartment is anywhere from 600-800, depending on your preference for amenities. As part of temptation, Ms. Burns would let everyone know that Mrs. Watters offers we'll say... 300-400 a room, plus 25 for utilities... So $325-425 per month per room. Upstairs are $325. Master is $425.

EDIT:

Finished my character sheet. If you opt for your characters to have ventured in to the basement, have them begin with an empty, untouched piece of the house. If they turn on the light by drawstring, a fantasy appears before their eyes, as if it was there the whole time and just shrouded by the dark and unseen from the stairs. Eventually, they will pass out cold from the possession in to their mind, and the room will smell deathly and the air will be freezing cold.

Usually, this deters people from ever wanting to come back and it especially keeps anyone from wanting to buy the place. If they are to ask Ms. Burns why she doesn't enter, she'll simply mutter something about being claustrophobic. Or an excuse of hating the dark. Or an excuse that her knees are too old to make those stairs -- yes, even despite the ones she just climbed to show you the upstairs. Either way, she's not going to go down at any cost, and she doesn't even advertise the basement as an amenity. She just mentions it's existence. Your character has a choice to bother with it or not.

Oh, and she will not permit anyone to going in to the attic during the visit. Her excuse is that the things up there belong to Mrs. Watters and are not to be disturbed.

Can't wait to see the rest of the character sheets!

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Tue May 26, 2015 10:42 am

Just finished up and submitted Theo. :) (Still need to do some proof reading, but he's all there.) Digging the characters that have already been finished so far. Can't wait. o/

Artik
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 am

Artik wrote:Just finished up and submitted Theo. :) (Still need to do some proof reading, but he's all there.) Digging the characters that have already been finished so far. Can't wait. o/

Looks great, Artik! The group's coming together, now.

Just as a note, there are seven rooms. This is possibility for up to 7 characters, but I am willing to start the process with 4 or 5. That being said, those who trickle in after we've initially started will be responsible for reading the posts prior to their visit (though I DEFINITELY understand asking for a quick recap in order to get them involve faster. I'm willing to provide that!) ICly, we'd just assume they were late to pay Mrs. Watters or the like. It happens.

As per the norm, if anyone has any questions, let me know.

@LoagantheCope - You gave me a heads up as far as your availability, so even though things are going along smoothly for the rest of us, I am more than happy to wait until you're able to submit your character. If we end up starting before I anticipated, don't worry. You've still got a place provided you still want one and submit a character sheet per your availability. Number one priority, though, is to rest up and recover. We'll always be here. (:

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Tue May 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Cool beans. I'm good to start whenever it suits the group, really. The way you have it set up works pretty nicely in the fact that people trickle in are just people who only recently responded to the ad, which is in some ways more realistic than a large clump of people moving in.

Artik
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Tue May 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Artik wrote:Cool beans. I'm good to start whenever it suits the group, really. The way you have it set up works pretty nicely in the fact that people trickle in are just people who only recently responded to the ad, which is in some ways more realistic than a large clump of people moving in.

*nods* I think so, too. I'm debating with making a forum or post for side-characters / NPCs. Which reminds me! Feel free to make them as you please, and if they are going to be recurring, perhaps y'all could add your own minor-CSs or tidbits for them as well just so we can all keep track.

*strokes false beard that she doesn't have in thought* Yes. I think so. Mmhmm.

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Tue May 26, 2015 3:20 pm

-strokes actual beard- mmh. Yes. Indeed.

I've actually got some NPC ideas I was planning on using as plot devices. Figure I can whip up some a small little blurb about them as needed.

Also not sure how the intro stuff will be set up: move in day, we all sort meet here and there type of situation - or some sort of assumption that we've been there for a short amount of time. But whatever the case, if anyone wants to discuss character relationships, understanding or rivalry type things just say the word. Post it here, PM, Ect Ect.

Artik
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Possibility on Tue May 26, 2015 3:29 pm

I feel like I should flesh out Haven more... normally I try too hard and end up with a super bulky Character sheet and feel out of place, but now I feel like I'm lacking! Ah!

I might go back and add more later//flesh out details here and there, but I have a killer headache currently, so... maybe later.

I'll definitely be making NPC sheets- probably one for the owner of the cafe, and probably one for David (she wouldn't just lose contact with him, after all he did for her).

Possibility
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Your character looks good to me, Poss o/

I'm just getting back into this site and role playing after a while and sort of just took my idea and ran with it a little farther than I needed to. :P

Artik
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Tue May 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Haven looks absolutely great. If you DO update her, let me know so I can read it more (:

I only realized an hour ago I forgot to do my personality psrt.

Um. As for the relationship threads, I'm a little confused. I've never done one, so I don't understand the purpose since I don't have exposure to it.

Can you explain it to me? (:

Attie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Tue May 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Sure sure. I've only ever done it once or twice, mostly in the sort of RP where the characters have known each other for years. It helps flesh out the little things along the way, 'who dated who that one time'. 'Who doesn't quite like so and so, but has never said anything'. In our case, it's probably be more of a list of first impressions. For example.

From Theo's perspective it would look like:
- Attie: Cant quite get a read on that one. Looks like the girl nextdoor, a sweetheart in a pretty skirt with her nose in a text book, but I dunno. Maybe she's into some weird stuff, or moonlights as an exotic dancer. Guess we'll find out.

-Haven: This one says she bakes, and smells like it too - I like 'er already. Dresses all edgy like - sens to cool for school, so I'll just have to win her over with some knock knock jokes if I want to get my hands on one of those cakes or something. Who knows, if I'm lucky maybe I can score a job at that bakery she mentioned.

As you can tell, it's not really needed by any means. Just helps gauge how interactions might go.

Artik
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!