A wild ohemxbree appears!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

A wild ohemxbree appears!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Hello everyone!
I am Bree which makes me awesome. (:

I've been rolepalying since I figured out how to use the internet, which was roughly 2001. That makes me really old but really awesome too. I've done text roleplay over the internet since 2001, I got into table top roleplay gaming in 2003, and I've been going ever since! I've taken a few creative writing classes and I frequently table top game with my friends but it has been a while since I have text roleplayed. I missed it and decided I needed to get my roleplay back on!

That being said, I'm looking for a new home for my roleplay! I used to be really active in the Proboard roleplay community when that was a thing... But that has died out sadly. I've looked around on other sites like Roleplayer.me or Tumblr and that's not my cup of tea. I want "multi-para" or "novella" roleplay, not "chats". I don't want to just send gifs and one line of text back and forth. I want something more substantial than that.

The stuff I am interested in roleplaying is pretty general. Harry Potter (the trio's era, maybe Marauders, but definitely no future), slice of life (high school, college, cities, real life situations, rock bands, etc), and whatever movie I feel like I can manage, whatever book I feel like I can manage, and whatever anime/manga I feel like I can manage. Really, fantasy is a thing I could do if the plot sounded awesome enough... I'm open to most things.

To end on a personal note, it's time to learn about Bree! To put all my experience in perspective, I am twenty three years old and still in college... I have two years to go for my bachelors! I play quidditch on my college team (I'm a chaser), I am an art school drop out, and now I concern myself with the well being of mankind and making sure that everyone turns out okay. I'm a true to the core Hufflepuff and really love making friends and doing things that are creative; I still make art on my own, regardless of dropping out of art school. I really love to sleep, I really love to play quidditch, and I just really love being me in general.

So...
Now it's your turn!
Who are you? Let's be friends. (:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ohemxbree
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A wild ohemxbree appears!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starkandskinny on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 am

Hey Bree! I'm new on this site too, but it seems like we have much in common - I'm also 23 and working to get my bachelors (not an art school dropout, though - I'm in art school currently, haha), and if you were looking for semi to full literate roleplayers, you've definitely come to the right place. I haven't been here long, but I've yet to come across any one-liners or the such. Hope to see you around (:
No one does a slice like Big Rico.
NO ONE.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

starkandskinny
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 am

You are indeed Bree, and indeed you are awesome.

Hello, I'm Brafnen! I'm twenty-two, which makes you and stark BOTH old people, and I've been on site for about four and a half years now. I'm glad you found us!

Since it's clear you know what's up in regard to forums (Proboards! Blast from the past!) I'd reccomend two places to check in when searching for a roleplay. The first? The Roleplayers Wanted board, which houses all those games looking to start up and just needing fresh faces and creative players like yourself.

The second? The Interest Check board! This is where you go when you've got a new idea and are looking for people to leap on board, or are looking to support new roleplays.

Why don't you check those places out for a landing pad? Feel free to PM me or any of the scholars (Blue names) or Moderators (Green names) for a hand. :)

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm

@stark
Good luck in art school!! Mine was literally art boot camp, haha. So many late nights or all-nighters... I can totally sympathize with you! I hope your school isn't as hard as mine!! (:

@Brafnen
I appreciate my oldness being confirmed, lol. I also appreciate the help on where to look! SUPER HELPFUL, thank you so much. :D

ohemxbree
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!