Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

It Will Be a Long Journey

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

It Will Be a Long Journey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Hello there my fellow RPers! For years now, I've been growing this idea of a story in my head. I don't plan on dropping this particular story, because as it is something I've wanted to see through for so long. I don't plan on having a larger group for this RP, as I find it gets harder to keep an RP moving when more people are involved. There are things in the plot that I want to see happen, but because I plan on the story being long, the majority of the plot will be filled in with things other people want to see happen. It'll contain most generic medieval/fantasy elements, but I'm adding my own race.

You might also notice that I have a hard time coming up with female characters (it's not that I won't play them, I just have a hard time coming up with good roles for them). Hopefully, someone can fix that balance. I'm not looking for someone who can play just one character very well, but who can play an assortment of characters as I will be. I'm also looking for someone who can write maturely; there may be some disturbing things written about

Anyways, I'm itching to get this idea out there and see who is interested in the wall of text I'm about to hit you with! Enjoy the read!

Historians estimate the emergence of the Khadryan race to be about one millennium ago, in the southern frozen wastes. Those who are the subjects of Khadryan lords praise their rulers and their intelligence, but those who meet them on the battlefield condemn them as demons. Confronting soldiers in opposing armies have often described the physical deformity of their face as the revealing of hellspawn through a humanoid mask. Whatever the case may be, it does not discount the tangible success of the Khadryan race to build the Inari Empire.

The Inari Empire grew with the spread of Khadryans, who appeared to be larger, stronger, more intelligent and faster humans with psionic capabilities. Nomadic tribes were beaten and captured, and intimidated and tortured until they finally consented to doing the Khadryans' bidding. We know a man named Lydnus to be the first lord in the Inari Empire, characterizing his race as brutal and calculating. That was eight hundred years ago. It would take another century for his nation to reach out from the southern arctics and begin claiming more palatable land.

There was a growing air of superiority as Khadryans examined themselves and compared themselves to humans or elves or dwarves. Lydnus himself often preached the benefits of being a Khadryan, claiming that some higher being must have sent them down to rule. Being a Khadryan grants you many perks, with some drawbacks. Physically, they appear like humans, but generally they are over six feet tall. Their veins are larger and more abundant, their heart is stronger, and they have more blood to fuel your muscles, granting them more strength. Because they have more blood, they have larger lungs to breathe more air. Their nervous system is more entwined with each muscle fiber they have, and is simply more wired to their brain, granting them faster reaction time and more bodily control. However, with these combination of biological benefits, wounds can be severely detrimental to the condition of a Khadryan. Luckily, most severe wounds can heal within two to three weeks, and up to 90% of their nervous system can heal biologically.

Their psionic minds allow them only one ability in their natural state. Khadryans have an ability to sense their environment by interpreting energy signals from matter. Generally, more powerful warriors sense larger distances. It might also be useful to know that all Khadryans are incapable of utilizing magic, and in this manner, they can't be healed or replenished by magic either.

It was important to differentiate between their natural state and their "supernatural" state in the previous explanation, because their "supernatural" state is often what earns Khadryans the label of "demons" or "hellspawn." When confronted with extreme conditions, a human might be able to list half a ton and tear the muscles in his arms by doing so, or their brain's reaction time speeds up and they can do things twice as fast. But this is truly where Khadryans are set apart from other humanoid races.

When confronted with immediate, life-threatening danger, coupled with the will to live, a grotesque transformation takes place. A dark cerulean ring forms around the dominant eye, and veins begin to bulge in the side of the head, often rooted at the same eye. But these veins not only bulge, but they glow a luminescent light orange, almost gold hue. Physical strength skyrockets and reactions happen almost instantaneously. What's most peculiar of all is that when this supernatural state surfaces, or superstate as many Khadryans call it, a being seems to gain control of one of the ancient elements. Elements like earth, fire, air, water, and also light or dark. The most advantageous trait of this is that once someone has crossed into this superstate, it can be voluntarily However, the longer this state is held, and the more energy released while in it, the longer one will be incapacitated afterwards.

Lydnus exploited these biological advantages and handpicked an elite group known as the Provenance Guard, which still exists to this day; every ruling lord has one such group. They're Khadryans who seem to be devoid of all mortal emotion. They have infiltrated castles, kidnapped princes, and on Lydnus' order, killed his own son for befriending a dwarven king.

As Lydnus' empire grew and expanded beyond his lifetime, and the needs of its people became more diverse, the reliance on a feudal system of governing became more prevalent. In many cases, these Khadryan led city-states of the Inari Empire act more like a coalition rather than a cohesive nation. But each answered to the central city-state, inventively named Inari.

Of these city-states, the territory of Visigoth is the most powerful today. Being only eighty three years old, it has a short line of lords. It was granted to lord Garis as a fiefdom after Garis had conquered a northern human kingdom. Not ever being a ruler before, Garis organized four advisory councils to optimize agriculture, industry, trade, and the military. His son, lord Faeron did much to maintain the status quot, with woodland elves on his record of conquest. When Faeron did not have any male heirs, he looked to one of his two cousins to take the throne.

Artaz and Goraz led two quite separate lives, though they were brothers. Artaz was an adviser on the Military Optimization council. He became quite knowledgeable on strategy, war goods and manufacturing, and propaganda. Knowing of Faeron's predicament, he became quite close with the lord of Visigoth. Goraz chose to be a vigilante of sorts, though he acted within the military. He held the spirits of many soldiers in the army, but he often acted as an independent agent quelling and settling conflicts in conquered countrysides. Unlike most Khadryans, Goraz showed honorable amounts of modesty. While Goraz was the older, Faeron felt more comfortable in picking Artaz as heir to the throne.

There would be many quarrels between the brothers over Artaz's policy. Artaz sought to create something of a totalitarian state. He conscripted all Visigothic Khadryans ages ten and up into the military, regardless of gender. Brutal training to all newly enlisted Khadryans had to be undergone so that each and everyone could achieve the Khadryan superstate. Often, this "training" was senseless beating and abuse, and it wasn't uncommon that children who had become depressed died. Additionally, most propaganda against the military or the throne was destroyed, in order to keep morale for conquest up. In some cases, those who would not cease their acts against Artaz's will were imprisoned or killed. To be consistent, many religious structures from conquered kingdoms have been toppled and exiled from Visigoth. And it's not as if Emperor Kaidman, the current emperor of Inari cares as long as he gets paid a sufficient tithe.

Goraz looked upon Artaz's policies, and did his best to raise resistance against what was going to be a massive campaign for conquest; in four years, three expansionist wars had been won and there didn't seem to be any slowing down. The vigilante argued in front of the courts against Artaz on more than one occasion, claiming that the lord had committed irreconcilable crimes against the living. Ten years into his reign and four wars later, Artaz finally brandished his brother a traitor. A small revolution led by Goraz lasted about one month before Artaz squashed it and executed his brother in front of Goraz's two sons. Artaz would then take Goraz's oldest son under his wing, cultivating Olin to be the Overhead General of the Visigoth army, while Goraz's youngest child was sent to the frontlines as a lowly officer. Goraz's name would be erased entirely from history by Artaz.

It is now twenty years into Artaz's lordship. His grand successes on the battlefield and the spirit of harmonious war among his people have him titled by his subjects the "Divine Lord," a title coined by a popular colonel. The few that silently hold thoughts against Artaz silently wonder if there will be a day his land will be defeated. For the even fewer that decide to act, it will be a long journey...

Congratulation, marathon reader! You made it to the end! You've shown dedication!

That's a lot to take in, but like I said, I've been thinking about this for years. There is opportunity for characters as kings or emperors of foreign lands, or perhaps you'd like to have a Khadryan soldier or maybe you're the leader of an underground rebel network. Hell, I haven't even said anything about goblins and orcs and all the jazz yet either. Outside of Visigoth and Inari, there's a whole open world I hope to form with someone.

Have I any takers?
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: It Will Be a Long Journey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am

So far all I have is one person. I'm supposing I'll stop searching after Sunday, but I'd like to see one or two more people say "Hey, I think I could get into this."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zakarum on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:07 am

This looks pretty interesting, would it be possible to play some form of Dwarven Lord?

Zakarum
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:08 pm

I may be interested. Any room for an underground dissenter? Perhaps someone on the inside who can gather intel without much suspicion? Perhaps Artaz's wife's handmaiden?

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 pm

"Hey, I think I could get into this." Lol, sorry, it's past Sunday.

But seriously, it sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it, and I love an RP with some serious lore to it and lots of details. I could probably play multiple characters in this as well, although I have to admit that I typically lean towards male characters so would not much help with your balance. I've been toying with the idea of creating an 'inquisitor' type character, or even an entire order thereof, and could see fitting that into Visigoth underneath Artaz, and they could be used to try and hunt down rebels, dissenters and the like.

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Your signature is compelling, Timmay. Please don't hurt me.

I'm interested to see just how many will jump on the idea; I have five other RPers right now, and I think right now I have a lot of content from other people. So far, I've liked everyone's ideas, and hopefully this RP will outlive the "OMG NEW RP RAWR :U" initial post rush.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Psssh, it's just worm hugs. How else are they sposed to do it without arms?? lol

The only other RP I'm in seems to have died, but I was playing multiple characters in it. So if it's dead then I'll have plenty of time to commit

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!