Wing City: This definitely wasn't in the plan!

a topic in Orsa of Terminus, a part of the RPG forum.

The lull in the war has ended, and the Orsa of Terminus is on the rise once more. Will the battle hardened Patronus remain strong, or fall under the growing might of this renewed threat? A mature roleplay. This forum is one large roleplay within a set world and designated story lines.

Wing City: This definitely wasn't in the plan!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 am

Academia Celestia's grounds

Red returns from her timely escape into the infernal plane during the battle at Academia Celestia two weeks past. Wounded and weak, she knows it's unlikely she'll be able to fight her way to safety, or to traverse the academy grounds undetected. With this in mind, she hides the artifact she retrieved from the now deceased Architect, and her amulet.

Upon her departure from the grounds, Red finds herself too weary to continue and Snow comes upon her followed swiftly by Lucas. Lucas mistakenly assuming that Snow attacked Red, confronts Snow and a brief fight ensues. Van drawn by the commotion out in the grounds arrives a short while later to break the pair up.

After a brief inspection of Red's injuries, he concludes that she needs imminent care. Red refuses treatment at Academia Everia, and Snow does not allow Van and Lucas to take her against her wishes. Realizing the folly of standing around arguing over where to take the injured woman, Van relents to taking her to the nearby city instead, though he does insist on accompanying her and Snow there.

With everyone in agreement, Van, Lucas and Snow take Red to the city, and to Snow's apartment complex. Once there, Van begins the process of tending to Red's extensive injuries.

[Due to the content of this post being lost, this is simply a brief summary of the events that transpired.]
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Wing City: This definitely wasn't in the plan!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

Wing City: Apartment complex

(Post co-written by Tiko and RedRaine)

Utilizing the knife, Van carefully cut open the woman's tattered shirt to get at the wounds that lay beneath. She had numerous older wounds and several scars riddling her body that could be seen. Down the length of one cheek was a faint white line and the fingers of her right hand were scarred as well. However, the most prominent of the older injuries was a burn, semi-recent from the looks of it, that had been administered to her lower abdomen - a brand of some sort.

Van grimaced at the meager supplies he had been provided to work with. It would hardly be sufficient, but he could at least begin cleaning the wounds. “I'll send Lucas to get the rest of what I need,” he said as Snow made his departure.

Picking up a writing utensil from the bedside table he quickly jotted a few notes upon the scrap of paper. Satisfied, he passed it across to Lucas. “Go and be quick about it.”

With that matter seen to, Van resumed his examination and tending of the woman’s injuries.

Looking down at the note in his hands Lucas almost reactively mentioned that there was something off about it. However, taking a moment to pause Lucas turned towards Van and gave him a short nod. Glancing towards the man Lucas had still failed to receive a name from, the Everian mage only gave him a terse glare, obviously still seething from their earlier confrontation. Sweeping through the apartment and out the door, Lucas quickly made his way to the city streets. Landing on the same patch of terrain he had used to bring the group there, he almost bursted through the streets as the red haired magician raced back to the Academies.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:14 am

(Post co-written by Tiko and XavierDantius32)

Well over an hour passed before Van at last emerged from the room, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wiped an arm across his brow as he entered.

“I've done all I can for her at the moment. The wounds are cleaned and dressed and I think I managed to purge the infection from her blood,” Van explained to Snow. “She's too weak for me to begin mending the wounds yet, but she's stable for now. I'll be able to do more once Lucas returns and after she's had a few days rest.”

Snow had spent the interim pacing around the apartment, taking an inventory of everything he had left. His intentions were to get moving as soon as possible, only taking whatever he could carry on his back.

The kitchen table creaked under the weight of a massive great-sword, woven with hexagrammic wards, forged from meteoric iron. Snow slipped this into a leather sheath, hanging it between his shoulder blades as Van began to speak.

“Don't worry about getting her in tip-top condition. I know basic first aid. I need her ready to move within a few days. I want you gone as soon as she's fit.”

He fixed Van with a hard stare before turning away, shunting a mound of perishable food into a hiking pack, already bulging with several weighty tomes and various tools needed for binding a daemon.

Van didn't even try to keep the astonishment from his face or his voice. “A few days? This woman shouldn't even be out of bed for at least a week, let alone traveling. First aid isn't what this woman needs, she needs a doctor and medical supplies. If her fever returns, it could well kill her,” Van retorted. “I can leave you some salves and herbal remedies -”

“That won't be necessary. I'm leaving. Now.” Red stood in the doorway of the side room, a hand on the door frame to keep herself steady and on her feet. She had scrounged a button up shirt from the room - though it still hung open, leaving the bandages that lay beneath it bared. She was pale and her abdomen and much of her upper chest and shoulder were tightly bound in pristine white bandages.

“Celestia above! You need to lay down. Do you have a death wish?” Van was dismayed that she was even awake, let alone on her feet.

“It's not up for debate, I'm leaving.” In complete disregard for Van, Red was already refitting her bracers that had been left on the bedside table.

“Let her go, angel-boy.” Snow grunted, stomping across the floor on Van's left flank, one hand slipping to his waist.

He studied Red carefully, eyes flicking between her and Van. “If she thinks she's ready to move, she should move.”

Snow scowled at the pair, the hand on his waist curling around the hunting knife in the back of his belt. Even weak, he supposed that the girl was powerful enough to hold her own, and together, they should be able to take Van down if it came to blows.

“I can't do that,” Van said as he shifted to put his back to the door, between Snow and Red. “She walks out that door, and she could well die. She's unwell and delirious. Do you really want that on your conscience?”

Red meanwhile, stepped forward, fully intent on leaving whether Van agreed or not. “I'm leaving and I don't think you have any intention of killing us if we do, so I suggest you just get to the moving out of my way and save us all the trouble,” Red bit off. She couldn't really do much to make him move, but she was willing to bet that the brute behind her could.

To Snow, the air was completely still, as the adrenaline kicked in. As Van moved to block the door, he continued circling, making room to manoeuvre, while still having the advantage of attacking on Van's left.

He was more than prepared to cut this man down at the drop of the hat, but he issued one last warning. “I'd start moving back to your fancy academy now, pal. Before this turns nasty."

“I'm afraid I can't do that,” Van replied.

Reflexively his hand dropped for his sword, but he quickly realized he had removed it earlier and it was still in the other room. Foolish. Still, he couldn't let the pair leave. His eyes shifting from Red to Snow, but primarily remained on Snow. Red was too wounded to be much of a threat.

As Snow circled to Van's left, Red took the opportunity to sidle her way to his right. Her eyes fell across the flintlock pistol on display along the wall.

“Your loss.” Snow shrugged, drawing the massive sword from over his shoulder, dropping into a low crouch, the point aimed squarely at Van's gut. The blade gleamed dully, the light catching on the numerous runes worked into its construction.

With a grace belaying his size, Snow surged forward, bringing the sword up behind his shoulder, then down towards Van's left shoulder, with the intention of driving him towards Red, who he seemed to have forgotten about.

Van's lithe form easily twisted and stepped to the side of the overhead swing. He was well versed in hand to hand combat, but that two-handed sword would be deadly if it struck him. His thoughts went to disarming the man - that is, before he stiffed and then crumpled to the ground.

Red stood behind Van looking down at him, the flintlock pistol in her hand. It wasn't loaded, but it made a heck of a blunt object. Van would have quite the headache when he woke up. Tossing the pistol to Snow she muttered. “Let's go.”

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:22 am

Wing City: Abandoned warehouse

Red grunted and slid to the cold floor, leaning against a stack of crates. Her face was pale and her hand trembling as she tried to check her bandages. The descent from Snow's apartment had taken a great deal out of her, and the pair hadn't made it even a block from the building. The dank abandoned warehouse didn't make for the best of accommodations, but it would be sufficient for the night.

It would also give her time to assess the situation.

“Why did you help me?” she asked, getting right to the point.

"Call me stupid." Snow responded. "You looked hurt, so I stepped in when that jumped up little prick started sticking his nose in."

Red grunted. “That's what you did, not why you did it.”

"Didn't I say I was stupid?" Snow chuckled, sticking a foul smelling cigar into his mouth, lighting it with a glowing thumb. "It's the gentlemenly thing to do, I guess. Not that I'm anywhere close to being a gentleman. Thought I should do something decent for once. Call it my good deed for the day."

Gentlemanly. That thought brought a choked laugh to Red which turned into a hiss of discomfort. It was going to be a long night. “Do you have anywhere else to stay? They'll be crawling all over that apartment looking for us soon. You can't trust them, they're not what they seem.” Lying came almost second nature to Red and the words rolled off her tongue smoothly.

Unpeturbed by the girl's hiss, Snow took a long drag on the cigar, tapping the butt against the blade of his greatsword. "There was a cabin up in the mountains... Maybe three days walk from here. Could work, right?"

Three days walk... Red grimaced at the thought. It would get her out of the city until she recovered, but getting there was the problem. It was a risk she was willing to take, after all, there was more to worry about than just the Patronus right now. “We can set out an hour before dawn,” she said finally. It would get them out of the city and well on their way under cover of darkness.

The chill bite of the evening air in the unheated building sent a shiver through her and she drew her knees up close to retain body heat while rubbing her arms. For all her hardened demeanor earlier, at the moment she simply looked weary and cold. Her dirtied hair shielded her face as she rested her chin on her knees. Red was many things, but helpless and subdued were not among them, and yet for the time she looked the part remarkably well.

"Want my coat?" The pyro enquired, stamping out the cigar butt. He had enough fire in him to survive the cold. "Or we could cuddle." He almost winked, but stopped himself before the girl turned feral and tore out his throat.

“I'll be ok.” Red replied.

Almost as soon as she spoke the words a shiver left her brow furrowed in discomfort. The muscles and tendons in her shoulder were far from repaired and the movement was a painful reminder of that. Her stubbornness would be the death of her one day.

"If your sure" Snow grunted. "I'm going to go and sit outside with my smokes. Call me if you need anything."

With that, he got up, dusting off his coat, and dissapeared out of the door, the point of his sword scraping along the ground.

“Wait,” Red interjected hastily, before Snow could pass through the threshold. “I'm sorry, I'm just not used to people helping me. The world isn't all puppy dogs and daisies.”

Her eyes remained downcast as she spoke, as if the words were awkward for her to admit. “If you don't need it...” she added. A quick measure to soothe the man's wounded pride.

A small chuckle, and hacking cough accompanied Snow as he returned to Red, slipping out of the leather coat and tossing it over to her. Underneath, he was clad only in a black vest and combat trousers, the hilt of a combat knife protruding from his waistband.

The cigar still in his mouth, he settled down ontop of a crate, looking down at Red with the ghost of a smile on his lips.

“Thank you,” Red muttered, pulling the jacket up over herself to ward against the cold. Sleep under such conditions would be unlikely, but the evening wasn't a complete disaster. Men were such simple and predictable creatures, willing to risk life and limb for a pretty face, and yet just as quick to slip away at the wrong word – though just as easy to bring back again.

“What's your name?” she asked finally.

"Jeremiah Snow." The Pyro chuckled, stubbing out his cigar. "Ironic right? Pyro... Snow.."

“I'm Red.”

With introductions out of the way, Red settled in to try and get some rest before morning. Despite her apprehensions at being able to under such conditions, a restless sleep rapidly claimed the weary woman.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

Red was roused from her slumber by a shockwave of vibrations that ran through the floor. Sitting up with a grimace, she let Snow's coat slip to the floor. “What's going on?” she asked.

Moving to rise left the woman grimacing in pain. The hard floor had done little to aid her abused body, and she was both cold and cramped from immobility. “Help me up.”

The request was a sting to the prideful woman, but there were more pressing matters to deal with.

"Looks like we've got company!" Snow muttered as he vaulted down from his perch, snatching up the satchel, buckling the long-sword around his waist. He grimaced as the full gravity of their situation finally kicked in. They wouldn't get far with him carrying the girl, and he couldn't fight with her on his arm.

"Alright, gimme a sec. Must be something to slow them down in this." The pyro had grabbed a thick, leather bound book from the satchel, his fat fingers creasing the old vellum pages.

A second stronger shockwave shook the building and left the pair slamming jarringly into the stack of crates.

“Shit,” Red hissed through gritted teeth.

Snow glanced at his companion, hurridly thumbing through the book. He snatched a stub of chalk from a pocket in his coat, haphazadly chalking out a rough circle and some esoteric characters on the floor. He muttered a few words, and the lines began to glow a hellish red, smoke flickering up from the floor. "That should slow the fuckers down!" He cried gleefully.

He padded over to Red, slinging the satchel over his right shoulder. "Now, how would you like to do this? Can you walk at all?"

"Just get me on my feet, we can go out the back," Red bit off, clearly on edge.

With almost no effort, Snow reached down and pulled her onto her feet, retreiving the chalk as he ushered her out of the door. With another wolfish grin, he chalked another pair of runes onto the back door, closing it behind them.

Upon reaching the alleyway out back, an ominous red hue had been cast over the city by the crimson sky overhead.

“Something's going down... can you feel it? We need to get out of the city.” Red paused to catch her breath against the building edge with another low curse. “We can take the route through the slums, it's the closest.”

"We haven't got time to stare at the pretty lights, Lady. We gotta move." Ushering her onward, Snow stole hurried glances over his shoulder, his right hand never leaving the hilt of the sword on his waist.

As Red pushed on, he stopped for a minute, listening for any sounds of pursuit. The ward he'd drawn on the floor hadn't gone off, otherwise they'd see the flames. Either they hadn't entered yet, or they were trying to disarm the complex trap. That small advantage should allow the pair to get out of the city undetected.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!