Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

a part of “Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...”, a fictional universe by Marionette.

Strangers find themselves at a mysterious manor surrounded by an impenetrable ring of roses... roses that bloom in the dead of winter. They're not going anywhere, and it's up to them to make the best of their situation. The manor may have other plans.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Winter Rose: the garden of a wish..."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Last edited by Marionette on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Re: Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Finally!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Yeah, I took a while. ^^;; I knew it would... but it's up! And the rest (intro post, the beginnings of the room thread) should hopefully follow tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone's characters.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Izzyvamp on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 am

Hey, this looks really cool! If there's an open spot, I'd like to make a character. If not that's okay

Izzyvamp
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 am

Izzyvamp wrote:Hey, this looks really cool! If there's an open spot, I'd like to make a character. If not that's okay

Thank you! We're likely to be full, sorry. We'll have to see if everybody from the interest check sticks around, though. Feel free to keep an eye on the game.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 am

I tried to set up an RP like this a while back but didn't have the time. The difference is I called it a House of Happen stance and was set in the early 1900's and was purely based around pyschological horror and each character had to have at least one secret that I only know of- like they killed their dog or their ashamed of their sexuality or something- anyway.

Enough about that. I'm up for this. My only question is, wouldn't this be better more for a traditional chat table top game than a forum?

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

I'll try to get my character profile up ASAP. :)

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 pm

No-one-special wrote:I'm up for this. My only question is, wouldn't this be better more for a traditional chat table top game than a forum?

As noted above, whether or not I'll be able to accept players who weren't in the original interest check depends on whether all of those players join or not (ten were planning on joining, and that's the max I could possibly handle here). Feel free to keep an eye on the thread in case we have some people pull out, though. :)

It would be suited to chat, certainly, and if I'd poked around, I'm sure I could have found a suitable tabletop system as well. However, forum works a lot better for me due to time constraints, and with as many as 10 players whose time zones I have no inkling of, planning chat times could get messy. Plus, I want to try running a game like this without a system, see how it goes. I've been experimenting with blending tabletop style into freeform. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of running this via chat if the players would prefer it that way, but it's not the original plan.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Very sad to hear that this is all full! I will be lurking about... >.> Stalking an opening, as well.

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

I only wish I could run this thing with unlimited slots, but that would be really difficult, sadly. Lurkers welcome, though. I love that gif. xD

I should probably PM the people I haven't heard from in a while to make sure they know the game is up. Two profiles have been submitted already, Alise has posted above, and I know Baron is working on his.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Re: Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

So sorry! I'll try to get my profile up around the middle of this week. ;)

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Still lurking :3

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 am

Hey, Jynxii! I haven't heard anything from anyone else beyond the four mentioned. It's a little early to clear any spots as they may just be working on their profiles, but yeah.

If anybody I haven't heard from does happen to be lurking the OOC thread, a post to let me know you're still in would be appreciated!

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 am

Red leader standing by.

Errr I mean, how do we go about the character intros? or should we wait for more orders from HQ...err you
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

I knew you were because you submitted your profile, but thanks. :3

I was gonna wait for more profiles before I started the game, but it's been a while, so I don't mind if you all want to write your intros at least. Just intro as you would in any other game, but starting with your character waking up.

By the way, instead of making a room thread, I realized I'd need a character to post, so I'm going to put the info on the manor's profile. There's not a lot there just yet, but it's probably enough to get you through an intro post.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 pm

What happened to the horde of interested people that were in the Interest check thread?

Cmon this concept is cool as heck

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:44 am

I agree with Romaneck... Um.. It's been 10 days.. is it safe to steal a spot yet? :3

Jynxii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 am

Yeah, Jynxii, I'm going to say go ahead and apply. I like giving people a decent amount of time to get their things together because we all have lives, but I haven't heard anything from anybody but those 4 people mentioned above (the two with submitted characters, Alise, and Baron). So, if the rest show up later, I'll figure it out.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Okay ^^ I'll get started on my CS. (:

Jynxii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 pm

You're in, Jynxii. c: Feel free to make an intro post.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!