Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

With All My Energy

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

With All My Energy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby K-sama on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Tina: Blue. Gibson: Green. Charlotte, Roberts and Zheibermann: Yellow.

William Aderman did the calculations in his head, trying to determine where the others were. If their signals were like this, then that meant... He adjusted the settings on his monitor. He didn't need visuals out here, and heat sensors would be almost useless, or almost blinding; what he truly needed was a decent targeting system. Too bad his AI had taken 12 too many shots to the head. He'd have to do this the old-fashioned way. After he got back he'd give his ship to the Mech Team. They'd be able to do something about it. Meanwhile, he was stranded; all of his comrades were out in the field, and somewhere out there, his enemies waited, as well.

Bill did all he could to keep his ship from melting down again, but there really wasn't much one could do when one's ship had taken as many unfortunate hits as his had. The good part about it was that he'd prevented his comrades from getting too much damage in the process, and that had given them enough time to collect important data concerning the enemy ships.

Driving a High-Force Fighter wasn't easy work; one was tied in to just about all of the systems there were on the ship. At least when you were on a Shooter you didn't have to use your personal stamina to kick it into gear. On an HF there was no such thing as a "mechanical ignition"; everything was controlled by the pilot. Which also meant that even though it was near-impossible for the pilot to get a wound, as he (or she) was sealed away in the middle of the ship, one could collapse in the cockpit from sheer exhaustion, and one felt every hit the ship took like a slice taken from the pie of the human pilot's energy. Many a High-Force pilot had collapsed from exhaustion, and it took several weeks of full medical attention to mend the tissue damage done, because after a certain amount of time, the body had begun to eat itself to get as much energy as was being demanded from it. In addition to this, the pilots couldn't eat a big meal before flying, because it wouldn't settle and would be vomited up again, wasting precious energy, and there were only emergency rations of Essential Sugars in the cockpit, as they couldn't afford to take up any more space with food.

Needless to say, Bill's job was dangerous. He was in the "Critically Low" energy level now, even after eating a couple of tubes of Essential Sugars. He wouldn't consume any more, as there was still a good distance to go. He took up the controls again and began the pursuit of his comrades.

"Aderman?" Tina called over the System. "What are you doing out here?"

"Following you." Aderman replied. "What else?"

"But all those hits..."

"I'm all right; I ate a couple Essential Sugars, and besides, I have really good stamina."

"Even so, you should take a break. The monitor says..."

"It's just a computer. No match for people, right? That's why we're HF pilots, not some Shooters. ...I'm fine, Tina. I've still got plenty of steam left."

"At least eat a couple more Essential Sugars, all right, Aderman? ...I'm gonna have to switch channels soon, and then switch to high gear. Take it easy, okay, Aderman?"

"Don't worry about me. Now, get outta here." William smirked. He was fine...it was just some stupid computer reading. He hardly felt tired at all, and he'd have to save the rest of his Sugars for later, or he wouldn't have any energy to make the trip back.

A sudden flashing light above Bill's head caught his attention. "What?! It couldn't be..." It seemed he'd have to eat another Essential Sugar, or he'd end up in truly "Critical Condition", totally drained of energy. Two enemy fighters and one Mini were apparently stationed on a nearby moon, and now they were approaching Bill fast. The fighters shouldn't be too much of a problem; as long as he replenished his energy, he could handle them. He'd been at it long enough to be able to take on two by himself; it was the Mini that concerned him.

"Minis" as they called them were wildcards: one never knew what kind of weapons they'd carry, and so one had to offer oneself up as bait to even know who to attack first. For instance, if the Mini had a collateral bomb, then eliminating other ships first would be the worst route to take, but if the Mini was carrying a sort of gun, then the fighters would be more of a problem, and easier targets, so one would want to eliminate those first.

Much to Bill's disadvantage, his AI was totally disabled, so he couldn't even scan the Mini for possible dangers. He also couldn't afford to offer himself up as bait, after losing so much energy already. He ate two more of his precious Essential Sugar tubes. Apparently, he wouldn't be following his comrades. If he won this skirmish, he'd be heading straight back to the Station.

Bill loaded his Solar Pistols. They took so much energy, but he was tired of being hit, and it wasn't like that mattered anymore: he'd be heading right back to the station, anyhow. Bill switched his manual tracking on, and aimed for the wing of the Fighter to his right; he didn't want to destroy it yet. If he could get this just right, he'd severely inhibit the Mini's maneuverability and then it'd be an easy target. His best bet was to eliminate the Mini and then move on to the Fighters.

He finally caught aim on the sweet spot with his right Pistol, and quickly fired before the ship could move. He watched with a grin as it rolled over directly into the Mini's path, then flinched, panting hard. These Solar Pistols really took a lot of energy... After catching his breath, Bill aimed for the Mini. 'Wait for a good, sure vantage point, predict movement, adjust, and fire!' He recited to himself as he released the energy from his Solar Pistol.

As soon as the Mini was hit, Bill saw everything moving in slow motion. It exploded into green flame. 'Green flame?! Shit...' Were his last thoughts before he blacked out.

ooc: Bill can be ANYWHERE. Back on the station, in enemy hands, a rogue ship that rescued him, you choose. ^____^

This is an old-ish intro. I thought I'd dredge it up since I think it's been abandoned on the other site. soo.... here. Anything goes, but I do have a nice description of Aderman, and his home planet. >.o please message me before you start describing his planet, otherwise... yeah, there's hundreds, thousands of planets out there colonized in...some way or another. Even if that means it just has robots mining minerals. o.o and a few moons, too. =3 moons are nice things to colonize.... I shut up now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

K-sama
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 pm

The frigate George W! had just jumped from FTL, its drives spinning down to minimum speed, as it scanned the exploding Mini, as it the exploding wrecked ship.. “This is Commander Jonathan Walker, to ship can you read?� The ship had no response, but Jonathan knew he had to save the person.. “Launch medical ships, we are going to rescue this one…�
The George W! Launched its two medical shuttles, the two ships barley 130 feet in length, as they used their tractor cables to latch on to the badly damaged ship.. “This is Jessica to the bridge, “a woman said s her voice showed up on the George’s command deck. “I am pulling in one ship to the main bay, and we shall cut him out, from that ship… “Jonathan sent over a confirmation message as he ran towards the turbo lift “I must reach the patient so we can understand what’s going on!� the man said as he waited for the lift to drop down to the entry bay.
The landing bay was a full environment, since the medium frigate has lots of fighters and shuttles returning from the battlefield, as well as many NCOs (Non commissioned officers) walking around the deck, as the wrecked cockpit came into the bay. It was a scene straight out of a nature documentary, as the droids swarmed the command module, and used their cutting lasers to cut open the ship’s outer hull, just enough so fresh oxygen could fill the person’s lungs. Jessica jumped out of her own shuttle, as she had put a flashlight towards the unknown person, the Commander surprised to have seen a person survive a furious assault.. “Well Miss Watkins� said Jonathan “I think our passenger has just woken up.�

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby K-sama on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:22 pm

ooc: I could have SWORN I posted this.... ;.;

ic:
Bill vaguely felt a rocking as his ship was bumped. However, this was more in cooperation with his dream, adding to the swing of the hammock under the treetops as he watched the children playing on his home planet. The laughter and trill of the exotic birds further lulled Aderman. They almost sounded like lasers cutting through metal... but no, he was in the jungle. It couldn't possibly be.

When Aderman was pulled out of the cockpit, unconscious, he had a strangely pleasant expression for just being blasted by a Mini. Well, he should. He was having a pleasant dream. Then something jerked, and his head hit... something. He was far too weak from energy loss to notice anything. "...Aderman...Seventh...High Force...4. 7. 16. 0. 4. 4. 2." He said groggily before passing out. True, it wasn't even close to being full sentences, but if they were at all connected to the military, they could just look up the ID number he'd given and see anything they wanted to know about him. It was all open to anyone with enough clearance. And really, anyone with a government-issued computer would have clearance. And for the moment, Aderman would sleep, until he had enough eenergy to support all of his vital functions.

K-sama
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Jonathon nodded at Jessica and asked the Medical Officer “Could you please get the information from this pilot’s Navicomputer, and upload it to our local server, and get him set up. I think his mane was Adermen.. now I wonder if I know that.� Jessica looked up Adermen, the man’s bio coming up from a secure GAL-MILnet server. “Hmm, 7th High Force, Must be a good Mech Commander� she thought, as she typed him into the database of wounded in action. “All right droids and nurses� Jessica shouted into the now large crowd. “Get this man into the hospital ASAP, or else its your heads!� the nervous crowd gently picked up Bill, and placed him on a stretcher, as they wheeled him to the intensive care unit. Jonathon looked at Jessica, and quickly sighed. “We lost a good craft� the captinn said “but the pilot was recovered.� Jonathon then walked out of the ship’s medical bay., as Jessica looked at Anderman, wondering when e would wake up…
Last edited by Ryand-Smith on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:04 pm

(Blank post)
Last edited by Ryand-Smith on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby K-sama on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:07 pm

ooc: uhm, I'm sorry, I think you only posted in a part of a reply there. o.o;; and two copies of it.

...Do you think you could please edit it and fill in the beginning? ^^'' Also, unless you want to do a several-hours time skip, I suggest writing on. Aderman's passed out and won't be waking up for a few hours. And he's blacked out totally, so... no dreams. =/ feel free to message me with any sort of plot-bunnies you'd like to pursue. ^_^

K-sama
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.