Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Wolves among Humans (open)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Wolves among Humans (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 am

Kobar simply laughed. "You would be doing me a favor. The wolves out there have been hunting me down. Being the last of my village more than likely it would be easy for the rivals to eliminate the remnants." I understand who Miss A'vaileth is now. Nothing but a no good murderer. She is a beautiful woman but you as well as someone in her passed forced change upon her." He turned around and walked out the main door leaving the door handles bent and twisted.

Rune Cardinal stood at the edge of the forest with his pack of wolves. He was a battlehardened wolf that learned how to survive. He and his pack had the entire town surrounded waiting for Kobar to exit the town once more. They dared not risk entering the town to alert the humans about their presence and existence. Though they wanted Kobar dead they had some honor in a fight.
FACE YOUR FEARS ACCEPT YOUR WARS

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Zero slipped in and out of the shadows, one by one, closer and closer to them. The clouds covered the sky, dark ones. She looked up to the sky and shifted. Not into her wolf form, but into bats. She flew through the sky, finding the pack surrounding her village. She landed behind who appeared to be their leader. "Excuse me, but I think I know who you are here to see. Kobar Varen, if I'm not mistaken. So, Rune Cardinal, I'm here to tell you a little secret... The person who stands behind you is, one, Zero Brokenbreeze, two, able to kill you where you stand, and three, the person who slaughtered all of Cayenne..." she told him. "You see, I'm in the... how do you say it? Mood... The Killing Calm. So, if by chance you wanted to spare your life and the lives of the rest of your pack, I would be more than happy to drag him out here for you...." she offered, with a little purr.

Shevorth smiled, a dark smile, an insane one. "It was nice meeting you, Kobar Varen..." he said, transforming into many bats and going out the window. He spotted the wolf, but continued going where he knew Zero must be.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:48 am

Rune did not flinch at Zero's presence. He had sensed her coming his way. "I know who you are Zero. I am all to familiar with your work throughout history. We have not come to quarrel with you or Shevroth above us." Turning around he looked at Zero with dead eyes. "We only want Kobar. That is why we have not entered your protected domain of the village."

Kobar walked back to the hotel and grabbed his books. The inn keeper felt the unease that followed Kobar through the door. Something was about to happen. Looking around Kobar simply wrapped the books up in a cloth and paid for his room at the hotel. He exited the hotel and walked into the middle of the towns square.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm

"You have good senses, Rune, I'm quite impressed. I would like to help you, if you don't mind. As I said, I'm in the killing calm, and murder sounds right up my alley right now. Yours too?" she asked Shevorth who was now standing right behind her, fangs sharp.
He nodded, "Agreed. Kobar was a fun little pawn to play with. If you'll allow our assistance, that would be most appreciated..." he purred, his voice deepening.
Her fangs were sharp as well. "Now, if you'll consider our offer..." she laughed. Her mask shifted. "That would be great..."

People watched the person with the hat stroll through town. Two people waited in the shadows. Both men. Both wore basically the same thing Zero did, but for a male. The one on the right wore a mask that had one white side that was smiling a black smile, the other side was black and had a psychotic white smile. The other man wore a black mask that had white slanted eyes and a vampire smile. They looked at each other, then nodded. "Ruvel should be somewhere around where the intruders are," the one in the vampire mask said.
"Diaval is on the opposite side of town," the one with the two faced mask said.
"Riener is guarding the other part of town..." they said in unison. "Masters are speaking with Rune,"
They nodded to each other. "And Kobar is walking into the square..." the one with the vampire mask said.
"Yes indeed," the other paused, "Vlad, why do you think she got involved with him in the first place?"
"I don't know Dorian," Vlad admitted, "But whatever she was doing, I don't think she meant for it to end like this."
Dorian nodded and the two looked back at Kobar.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:09 am

Rune looked at both Zero and Shevroth. "Your assisstance would be greatly appreciated master assassins." Rune didn't like dealing with bats but he didn't have a choice in this matter. He needed their help or otherwise become another pountless death.

Kobar stopped in the middle of town and looked around. So much had changed since he last visited. So many assassins laying in wait in a single location. This would be a fight for his life and there was no sparring someof the civilians here. He was more than likely gonna have to fight in his wolf form. He placed his books on the ground and tyrned around to where the two were waiting.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Dorian and Vlad stepped from out of the shadows. "Kobar Varen, please come this way," Dorian said.
"There's something going on with Miss A'vaileth and we have come to help," Vlad said.
The villagers stayed far away from them, people saying that it was probably friends of The Girl Of Black And White. Vlad gave Kobar a reassuring nod. Then Dorian and Vlad smiled from under their masks. Truly beings of beauty.

Zero smiled. "Rune Cardinal, huh? I've hear a lot of great things about you," she said.
Shevorth nodded, "Indeed, as have I,"
Zero smiled, not a thing of beauty, and drew a blade. An elvish blade. Shevorth did the same. His fangs sharp, eyes red.

Vlad and Dorian would kill him.
They would kill Shevorth for letting Zero rampage. "Come," Vlad said.
Dorian looked at him, then back at Kobar, "Dorian, at your service,"
Vlad bowed, low, "Please call me Dracula."

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:56 am

Kobar was hesitant about following these two new vampires. He already has had bad dealings with them. It has only been a few hours. Going against his better judgment he picked up the books and walked over to Dracula and Dorian. He still kept a few feet inbetween himself and the two newcomers. "What reasoning have you come this way that you are at my service. I would be less surprised iif I would need your help."

Rune did not flinch at all and just stared at Shevroth and Zero. "Not too many know about me. But most end up being just exaggerations or false legends of what truly happened."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Zero nodded, "Still, you must be incredible! I can only imagine!" she said, with gusto.
Shevorth nodded, "Indeed..." His metallic light blue hair shone in the sun.
She looked back in the direction of the village, smiling. She was truly terrifying under the mask. Two of her blades flicked out and she extended her claws. Her fangs were shadowed by the snout of the mask. She felt dangerous. This guy really didn't know who she was, and more importantly, what she could do to him.

"Shevorth and A'vaileth have gone what seems to be... Crazy, yeah, that's the word for it," Vlad replied.
Dorian nodded, "Unfortunately so... You do not want to see them when they're fighting Mr. Varen, nor do you want to see them when they're insane. Miss A'vaileth is a sight on her own, but with Shevorth at her side... She might as well be the leader of the guild. Shevorth has a little thing for her, so he lets her do as she pleases. It gets, slightly... frightening at times," the two looked at each other and nodded.
"Definitely so..." Vladimir replied.
"What about you? Why are you here in the first place?" they asked in unison.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:08 am

Rune laid on the ground flanked by several wolves. "Bloodshed is all but inevitable at this point. There will be more deaths than was originally suppose to happen." Looking at the town he slowly turned his head back towards Shevroth and Zero.

Kobar looked at both Vlad and Dorian. "I have peacefully entered and left this town for the last 400 years. All I do is walk in search of adventures with other Wolves. Not like the one sitting out the village."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Vlad seemed interested, which was unusual for him, Dorian thought. "Yeah? Well, we are here, so..." he walked over to him and rested his elbow on Kobar's shoulder.
Dorian bristled, but tried not to show it, "Yeah," he said, trying to sound light. "Don't bother him, Vlad, the guy is having a hard day!"
Vlad shrugged, "I don't see what's so wrong with it? But okay then," he took his elbow off. "Sorry," He gave Dorian a glare from under the mask.

Zero gave a warning growl, "This is my village and you will not hurt any of the people here... And if you do... You'll be quite sorry. You and all your wolves..."
Shevorth gave Rune a look, "Do not touch the people here, Rune, that's a warning..."
Zero laughed, a soulless laugh, "We get him here through other means than going into the village, hear me?" She thought for a moment, "I actually have a way to get him out here..."

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:22 am

Rune snapped at both Shevroth and Zero. "As I have stated before, I am not in the vaillage because of the both of you. But maybe you should have noticed the new presence currently in your village while you sit out here threatening the one that means no harm." Rune was losing his patience with these two and was starting to consider going into the village to find Kobar himself.

Kobar remained motionless with Vlad and Dorian bickering. "So what do you need from me?" He asked still holding his books tightly. One way or another he was going to fight. But who the enemy he will be fighting was another question all together.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Vlad looked at him, "Nothing, at least, nothing that we ask of you, we do have a master other than Shevorth though. When we get to him, he's the one you will have to ask," he replied.
Dorian nodded, "He's not as well known. That's not because his assassin's aren't as good as Zero is, it's because he doesn't build up fame. He stays hidden. In fact, in a battle between me and Zero, who do you think would win?" he asked with a smile.
Vlad nodded, "Agreed, in a battle with us, she always looses. She has her weaknesses. Weaknesses that we know about. Did you know that her left arm is fake?" he asked Kobar. "That would be our doing. Did you know she keeps her right side unguarded? It's because she mostly fights with that hand."

"Who's in my village? That and why are they here?" she hated showing that she wasn't the best. She knew she wasn't too. Those creepy twins, Dorian and Vlad were. Somehow. She hated them for it. They probably knew that someone was in the village and just haven't told them. They might be trying to take the threat out themselves. Sounds like them. Her teeth gritted.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Kobar looked at both Vlad and Dorian with disdain. He did not care for vampires or assassins. But he was forced into working with them or risk death. Either way he was going to have to swallow his pride. "I would like to convert Zero back to just being a wolf not this wolf vampire hybrid.

Rune simply laughed at Zero being so flustered. "I van only tell they are vampires. Who they are and why they are there is not something I can answer being out here and not in town." Might I suggesting going in and getting Kobar before anything happens."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Zero growled, baring her sharp canines. "Of course, majesty," the last word was laced with venom. "Shevorth, lets be off," He simply nodded. Bats soared as the beautiful white wolf ran into the town.

"You want to do what?" Vlad asked.
"Did you just say you want to make Zero full Wolf?" Dorian added. The two looked at each other. "Is that even possible?"
Vlad shrugged. "I don't know, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard in my life! I don't understand how one could accomplish such a thing,"
Dorian turned to face Kobar, "She was born like this, you know, I don't know how to reverse that. I'm not saying that you can't try, but I'm just giving my input,"
"Shh," Vlad said, "Get down, she's coming," They ducked for cover.

Footsteps. "Come out, come out wherever you are," her voice echoed. Calm. Her voice was so calm. Unnervingly so. "I know you're here,"
'Vlad, I'm going to fight her while you two make a getaway. This man might be the key to setting her free. We have to try. She'll spot us here sooner or later. Go on, I'll be fine, tell Master Druindar I'll be there soon.' he sent through minds.
Vlad looked at him,'Are you insane?'
'Yes, yes I am.'
Vlad almost growled, almost. He nodded. Looking back at Kobar he motioned for them to leave.
"I know you're here!" Zero's voice sounded.
"Yes, we are," Dorian's voice rang from behind her.
She spun to face him, panicked. "When did-"
"You need more practice..."

Vlad grabbed Kobar's wrist. "Come on, this is our leave," he said, and began to run. "Dorian's got this, I know he does,"
They made their exit out into the forest beyond. "Vlad!" Ruvel. "What are you doing?"
"Zero has ordered us to bring him with us," he replied.
"Where's Dorian?"
"Talking with Zero,"
"Right, so where are you headed,"
"Out of town, we don't have time to waste, Ruvel,"
"Right, sorry, quickly now." He let them go.
They ran on some more. "This is why it's good to have ties with Zero, I can get past just about anyone, quickly now. Master wants us!"

Dorian crashed on the ground. "You thought you could win?" Zero asked, stalking towards him.
"No, never," he coughed. Zero picked him up by the collar, removed his hood and smiling mask. His short black hair was messy and his red eyes gleamed with death, his mouth leaked blood, other than that, his face was flawless. Dust. He turned into dust. "I knew I could," his voice said from behind her. Her fake arm went flying and she was knocked out. Dorian bent down and picked up his mask. He put it back on and put the hood over his head. He sheathed his blade and strolled out of the alley, in the direction of The Corrm.

(Sorry, I've been gone for so long. Thought you had given up on me, then I got really busy.)

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Rune watched as they both moved on into town. He didn't have enough wolves to completely surround the town. Laying in wait he kept an eye on those two to see what their next move was going to be.

Kobar looked at the two vampires, "Just as Vampires are able to change human beings I am certain their is a way to transform even an immortal being." He was caught off guard with Vlad grabbing his wrist and essentially dragging him out of town. Luckily he had enough time to grab his books and bring them with him. Not knowing what to expect he kept up with Vlad debating if he should become a wolf or just stay in his human form temporarily.

(I just came back from Iraq and have been in and out of the RP scene for awhile. I typically get emails when you reply but lately I have not been getting them.)

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Dorian walked past Ruvel, without him saying a word. 'Odd...' Once out of sight, he shifted into his bats and started flying to the Corrm.

Vlad walked now, "We're almost there," he said. A building. There was a building. Just as he thought. The Corrm. "Come on in," he said, holding the door open. He stepped inside after him, and led him through the building with better posture. His back was perfectly straight, his head held high. He had no bounce to his walk, in fact his walk was more like a glide. Finally, he came to a room with silver knocker in the design of a snake. He used it and they were called in. He let Kobar in first, and smiled under his mask when he saw Dorian leaning against a wall, arms crossed.
"Vladimir, Dorian, masks. You know I forbid you to wear them in my office, horrid things," their master said, his back turned.
The two removed their hoods and peeled off their masks. Vlad had long white hair, light blue eyes and everything was immortal. Perfect. The only thing odd was that his eyes were all blue, even where the whites of his eyes should be. They glowed. He was pale as death.
The master turned around, "Hello, Kobar, right? I am Druindar," he nodded to him. He had long silver hair in a ponytail laying on his shoulder. He wore a long coat and tall black top hat. His skin seemed to be grey. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I trust you know Vladimir and Dorian, I hope they treated you well," He smiled at him. "Now, I'm going to stop the small talk, Zero and you aren't seeing eye to eye, are you? Well... Her and I don't have the best relationship either. We used to be on good terms, until Shevorth took her for himself. She doesn't remember remember this though. She is against me, that is all she knows. She has no clue that Vladimir and Dorian work for me though. We want to get rid of her vampire side, this is how Shevorth is controlling her. We need someone like you. We would greatly appreciate it if you would aid us. The twins said that you could help," he said, looking over at them, who had just slipped their hands together, lacing the fingers. "They aren't really twins, but they're impossible to separate, so they earned themselves that name. I do hope you'll help us. I don't know if you have any desire to be an assassin, but if not, we do have other things you can do to help us. Tell me, are you any good with fighting?" he asked. "Oh and do sit down," he offered, gesturing to a couch. "Can I get you anything to eat?" he asked.

Growling. Infuriated. She was so infuriated. The white wolf laid there in the alley until the vampire with the metallic blue hair came for her. "Go tell Rune that I'll catch him. Tell him not to worry, and if he wants to stay in the guild, he may. I need to get my arm fixed..."

Shevorth flew back to Rune to deliver the news.

(You were in Iraq? How was it? i'v never been out of my country. I'd like to hear about it, if you don't mind.)

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Kobar was not used to getting so much exercise in his human form. He had spent so long as wolf he was underpowered as a human. But his wolf side was not going to let him lose. Taking his hat off as soon as he entered the room he tucked it into a pocket. His ears constantly moved around getting a feel for everything happening in the room. "I thought we were seeing eye to eye until she decided to introduce me to Shevroth. Than things sorta went immediately downhill." Kobar said as he stood in the middle of the room. Walking over and taking a seat on the couch, "I would like some uncooked red meat if you have any." Leaning forward he was interested in hearing how to purge Zero of her vampire self. "How would I be of assistance to all of you vampires? What trait do I have that could be of use?"

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Druindar walked out from behind his desk and sank into the couch across from Kobar. "Of course," he nodded to the twins, Vlad knocked on the big door behind them. It opened and a maid stepped in, Vlad repeated the request to her. She nodded and left the room. Vlad turned back to look at them with his icy blue stare.
"i don't know what traits you have that you would be willing to share with us. The Twins tells me good things though. They say you might be the key to bringing her back," he looked at the twins, "Good little spies, aren't you?" The corner of their lips flicked up. "Why don't you tell me? What traits do you have? Are you interested as working as an assassin? If you could do anything to help, what would it be?" Druindar asked, as he leaned forward. He gave Kobar a smile.
A knock. Vlad opened the door. Tension filled the room. "You ordered uncooked, red meat?" The tension lifted.
"Thank you very much!" Druindar waved to her.
Vlad took the plate from her, "Thank you, miss," She nodded and left the room. Vlad walked over to Kobar and set the plate down on the table in front of him. "Here you are, sir," He then walked back over to Dorian and held his chin high, lacing his fingers with Dorian's again.

Talking, talking, talking, talking, and more talking. Dorain, while Druindar wasn't looking, flicked Vlad's pointy ear. Vlad shooed him off. They played around a bit while nobody was looking. "Something the matter, boys?" Druindar.
"No, nothing," Dorian replied, standing tall. Druindar looked back at Kobar.
"Sorry," he said, "Please, i'd love to hear your thoughts on my question,"
Vlad looked over at Dorian and shot him a look. Dorian smirked and flicked him again.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Kobar looked back at Vlad before returning his attention to Druindar. "Though I am in this human form I do still possess my strength as a Wolf. However I do not have many traits outside what wolves typically have. I just can transform in between the two. I do have speed on my side as well as the ability to recall details most overlook. Like Vlad I had noticed before I made it to the alley he was in." He took the books off of his lap and dropped them on the floor fracturing it as it landed. He smelt the red meat and his fangs sharpened as his eyes turned a blood red. After Vlad placed the he picked up the meat with his hands and started biting chunks out of it tearing it apart with his fangs. Finishing the meat he looked back at Druindar,"I am not interested in being an assassin. I am just looking for companionship in my journeys. For more centuries than I care to remember I have walked this world alone" he said staring back without making the slightest move.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:40 am

Druindar nodded, "I understand how you feel Kobar. After this is all over you are free to do whatever you like," he looked over at the twins, "They have seen too many things in their lifetime, I do not wish to see that flicker of happiness die. After this is all over, the twins are yours," he looked back at Kobar, "They will walk the land with you, they will guide you around the world. Unless you don't want them, you can choose somebody else," he said. "Boys, would you have any objection to any of this?"
They shook their heads, "No sir,"
Druindar smiled, "Well, after this, they're yours," he smiled as he saw Kobar eat, "It's good then?" he laughed, "What if you were on the field? You could investigate matters for us, and when the time comes you could be in the fight, if you wished. You would also make a pretty good spy, with your hearing and all, whatever you decide to do, it's your decision!" he said, happily. "I can have the twins show you around and they can show you where everyone is and what jobs you could have here," he offered.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!