Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Wolves among Humans (open)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Wolves among Humans (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:03 am

This is a simple roleplay for anyone to join.

The base mechanics will work something like that of the anime Spice and Wolf. Wolves are able to live for hundreds of years as well as having distinct differences. In wolf form they are much bigger than a normal wolf and have the ability to change into human form. However they always have some distinct characteristic that makes it hard to pass as a human if it is seen.

I do ask to leave longer than one line responses. Nothing can kill an rp faster than that except for not responding.

Name: Kobar Varen
Characteristics: he is a black wolf that lived in the mountain regions. When he turns into a human he keeps his tail and wolf ears so he constanly wears a hat and long coat.

Kobar had been walking for some time saying hello to passing carts that seemed to be few and far between. Unaware of the local festivals the roads seemed deserted. He allowed himself to take his hat off so that he can clearly hear everything in the surrounding area. "I wonder where all the other wolves are at? Its been atleast 100 years since I have seen the last one." Putting his hat back on he entered a small town and got a room at the local hotel. He was going to use the town as a staging area to explore the country side.
FACE YOUR FEARS ACCEPT YOUR WARS

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Wolves among Humans (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Name: A'vaileth Voideie

Alias: Zero Brokenbreeze

Characteristics: when in wolf form, she is a snowy white wolf, with bright blue eyes. When in human form, she keeps her tail tucked into her pants and her ears under her fluffy hair. Her hair is short and fluffy, black and on the left side, one white stripe. She has on a sleeveless, leather, shirt, long leather pants, knee high boots, no heal. Along with that she wears a long cloak, her face always hidden in the by a white and red wolf mask, she rest of her outfit is black. She is the worlds best assassin.

A'vaileth Voideie walked down the streets of her hometown. People passed by, she knew, but they were all black and white, merely prey, if she so chose. She heard their conversations, "Oh, it's Black and White again..." "Honey, don't go near hear," "Okay, mommy" "She's so creepy..." She didn't care. She hears these things all day everyday. She had hidden weapons everywhere and the blade hidden in her tale pressed into her bare leg. She shifted slightly, not letting her discomfort show to the normal civilian. She would not let her discomfort show. What everyone in this town did NOT know, was that she was really Zero Brokenbreeze, the worlds best assassin. No one had ever seen her and lived to tell the tale, so nobody knew that Zero looked just like her, conveniently. She strode into an alleyway with that immortal grace she trained herself to have. To other people, it looked as if she were gliding, that and, her footsteps could not be heard. She scaled the nearest building and jumped from house to house until she got to the edge of the town. She jumped off with fluent grace, no sound of her landing. She slid herself into the shadows due to the fact that someone she had never seen before was walking past. Prey. She smiled, and it was not a thing of beauty. She glided up on the stranger and before he knew it, she had whispered, "Surprise" in his ear and then she had her hidden blade at Kobar's throat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:38 am

Kobar had heard the sound of fabric moving but thought nothing of it. That is until he had a knife to his throat. He stopped walking and put his hands up. "Seems that there are silent bandits around. Even I couldn't hear you approaching me." He said calmly. He wasn't too worried about this surprise predicament he found himself. But what would the village think if they heard a wolf in proximity. Not too mention he would have to find new clothes if he was forced to transform. "You have no idea who you are threatening. Let me go and I won't say anything about you to the village. If you persist down this path you will not live to see sunset."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 am

She let out a low laugh. "You're quite right. I don't know who I'm threatening, but that doesn't mean I can't kill you does it? I kill who I want when I want." She cut off, for she smelled something off about him. "Who are you?" For a second, she knocked his hat. "You're a wolf!" she let him go, pulling off her hood and shaking her head around so that her ears showed. She bowed with gusto and said, "A'vaileth Voideie, at your service!" sheathing the blade. "Now this is where you tell me who you are, if I'm not mistaken." she teased. She thought she knew what came next in a conversation. she hadn't had one in hundreds of years, but she had a pretty good idea from listening to other conversations ... when they WEREN'T about her.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 am

Kobar was ready to bare his fangs as he turned around to confront his would be attacker. Stopping short of fighting he saw that she was another wolf. He was confused at first but it would explain how she moved up to him without making a sound. His ears flickered a tad for he was having a hard time believing that another wolf located him. Taking a small bow, "My name is Kobar Varen. I would be unaware if I some form of story behind my name." Standing back up he looked back at Voideie. "It is a pleasure to finally meet another Wolf, even if you tried to kill me. Tell me how did you find me out?"

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:43 pm

A'vaileth chuckled, "You reek of dog. Well, to a trained wolf's nose like mine," she was half tempted to take off her red and white wolf mask to reveal her face to him, she decided against that idea. "So, Mr. Varen, tell me, how long has it been since you've seen one of your own kind?" she apparently thought herself to be hilarious, because she threw her head back and laughed. It wasn't a normal, "Tee hee" kind of laugh, it was the laugh of a psychopath. "Don't answer that," She looked back at him and then realized something. He was a being of color. Everyone was black and white, but not the person, "Kobar Varen". How was that? "What enchantment do you have on you that allows me to see you in color compared to the black and white world?" she asked, thinking that magic HAD to be involved. In fact, there was no way she could think of that it couldn't be magic. Unless she had a heart. Nah, that was a stupid idea.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Sniffing at his coat he couldn't pick up his own scent. It has been a few days since he had washed so smelling like a dog isn't unheard of for him. Upon being asked how long it had been since he last saw another he contemplated it has been between 350 and 400 years be before he could say she laughed like a psycopath. 'She was definately a weird wolf. Probably spent too much time in human form and around humans.' But that was a thought to keep to himself. Looking down at his hands he had no idea what A'vaileth was going on about. "I have met with alchemists many years ago in a different town but we only discussed legends and stuff. As far as I am aware I have never been enchanted or anything similiar." Kobar said looking back at her with slight confusion in his eyes.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:51 am

A'vaileth's head cocked to one side. "Really? It's just that you're the only one that..." she trailed off, looking down. She quickly looked back up,"Nevermind, so, you must be so old, maybe even older than me! Although, I am pretty old," she cut off, realizing that she was talking so much, she must be scaring this guy half to death. She then decided that she didn't care, "So are you friends with other races?" she asked, smiling underneath her mask, it was the smile of a psychopath, again. "So Mr. Varen, who ARE you? I know your name, but I don't know who you ARE, if you know what I mean," she asked, putting her hood up, due to the fact that a villager was walking by, it didn't look at them, but A'vaileth figured that it was still a good idea.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:39 pm

A'vaileth seemed to be acting very strange around him. "I am old but in our lives I am still young." He stayed calm watching her. Anything could possibly set this woman off. "I have made friends with other races. Eagles and Foxes were the easier ones to make friends with. Please call me Kobar." He said wondering what was behind that mask of hers. He put his hat back on hearing the villager as well. "Before I answer your question, might I suggest we go somewhere that we can be more comfortable. I have a room at the hotel I have rented."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Underneath the mask she raised an eyebrow, that turned into her narrowing her eyes. What was he trying to do? There was usually something behind that. She kept her voice psychotic, "Yeah, sure! Lead the way then," they began walking. "So Kobar," the name was laced with venom, "Where is this hotel room of yours?" she looked around, listening for any signs of attack coming from him, there was none. Either this guy was really good at hiding it, or he was actually a fool in trusting her. She had learned never to trust someone with a mask, but this guy didn't seem to understand that. Maybe he did and he was planning to kill her and just very VERY good at hiding it, or maybe he really trusted her because she was a wolf. She had told herself not to kill him... yet. If he got too out of hand for her, she'd slice his throat from ear to ear without anyone ever knowing it was her. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to attack her, but she had learned that anyone could be anything, someone could look like an innocent schoolgirl and be a relentless killer, kind of like herself. Before she had the title of Zero, she didn't wear any of the stuff she did now. She looked like just a normal girl, what people didn't know was that she had a dark history that drove her to insanity. She was a normal, pretty girl in the daytime, but an night she would slaughter entire villages without anyone knowing, she realized that someone had probably found out about that now and probably marked it as the work of Zero... As they should. Soon after, her master had started spreading the rumor about Zero Brokenbreeze, the world's best assassin. A'vaileth had gone to him and asked if he had heard the rumor and if he knew Zero's true identity, he had told her, "Yes, I know who she is, I'm quite close to her actually, aren't I, Miss Zero Brokenbreeze?" she hadn't ever thought it was her, but somehow it was. The schoolgirl that her hometown knew and loved was gone and a dark shadow that was her new self, appeared.
A'vaileth shook her head. How had she gotten so carried away in her own thoughts? She glanced at Kobar to make sure he hadn't done anything while she'd been thinking. She realized that he had responded while she was having her little flashback. She hated to ask it but said it none the less, "I'm sorry, what? I didn't catch that." she mentally smacked herself.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:56 am

Kobar nonchalantly walked with her towards the hotel he was staying in. Itnwas a modest 3 story building with nothing special about its appearance. During the walk through the town he could hear just about everyone talking in whispers about the woman he was with. Obviously all of them steered clear of both of them. Upon entering the hotel the keeper greeted both of them likenhe wpuld any other person. He did not judge anyone regardless what the rest of the town thought. Kobar lead her up to his room where he closed the door behind them. Opening the window he walked to his desk where he sat down. Taking off his hat and coat revealing his tail. That swayed slowly from side to side. He carefully watched this womans every move without making it seem like he was watching her. "There is no need to be on edge around me. I mean you no harm. Incame from a small village in the mountains about 5 days run from here in wolf form. I had left there when i was around 80 but returned a few decades later to find the place had been completely abandoned. No trace or sign of what happened or where they might have gone. In their absence i began traveling looking for wolves."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am

Upon hearing that he meant her no harm, she tensed. 'Sure you don't...' she thought to herself. She looked around the room, it was like any other hotel room, and she searched for any signs that something might've happened in here, she prayed she wouldn't find one, because if she did, that meant this guy had something up his sleeve. "Yeah?" she said, looking back at him now. "I may have heard of this town, what was it called?" she asked. She suddenly felt very guilty. It was, without a doubt, one of the villages she had slaughtered. "Also, whats your opinion on Zero Brokenbreeze?" she had to know. What if he really didn't like her? If he didn't like Zero than he didn't like A'vaileth. It was not as if he knew who she was but.... She had to ask. He would probably have figured that the disappearance was the work of Zero, and for that she felt bad. She mentally smacked herself. Assassin's don't feel bad for their work.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:54 am

"My village was called Cayenne." He said looking down at the desk. Looking up when she asked about this Zero person, "I am sorry but I have never heard the name before." His interest was peeked by the name. It is no typical name to be found between the wolf or human races. Leaning forward "What interest would this name be to me? Do you know what happened to my village?"

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:20 am

She shook her head, "No I don't, but I can tell you don't spend a lot of time around humans. She's the worlds most famous assassin. She might know what happened to your village," she replied, suddenly feeling like someone had just gutted her. "You could maybe find her and, I don't know, if she doesn't kill you then maybe you could ask her about it?" she told him. "Yes, no, maybe?"

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 am

Something wasn't making sense to him. She was hiding something, maybe she knew who this assassin was. "I try to keep my contact time with humans very limited. If i stay in one place too long they will question me for we do not age like himans. I also run the risk of them finding out my ears and tail." He tried to keep his calm posture. "Someone must know how to get in contact with this person." He thought about what he would do if this person turned out to be the person responsible for his villages disappearance. He might have to show an entire village his true form.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:02 am

She sighed, "No one has ever seen her a lived to tell the tale, my friend. I don't think anyone knows how to get in contact with her. If you want, I can look into it for you though, see what I can find?" she suggested. "I think that she was probably the reason everyone in your village is gone. I'm almost certain of it." in fact, she WAS certain of it, she remembered the town, it was one of the only ones that she bothered to clean up her mess. She scrunched her nose, she couldn't help it, she would do that at least once a day. Her mask shifted and she had a little panic attack in her head. "I have to fix my mask, can you turn around?" she asked, as if she were taking off her clothes. It was just a mask, but she didn't want him seeing her face.

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Kobar grew suspicious of this woman. He turned around as she asked butnhis ears stayed listening intently for the sound of movement. "If no one lived to twll about it than she would not be known. Behind every legend and massacre there is a survivor who carried the message. Someone out there knows and I am certain they are still alive. If they are responsible than they have accomplices to clean up the mess."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 am

A'vaileth took off her mask and put it right back on. "True, true, but I think it was someone who would never give away the information about who she is, away. Don't ask why, you can turn around now, by the way, but I just get this feeling that, you're not going to find much, but, you can certainly try," she sighed. Then decided on something, "Kobar, you know what, I'm not going to lie to you. I know Zero, or used to anyway. I trained under her master. We were rivals but, she still came out on top. I don't know where she is but I know who to ask. I'll do some research for you," she sighed, "I'm sorry about your village,"

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 am

His hairs stood up on end hearing she knew or at least used to know who Zero was. Turning around he just stared at A'vaileth for a few moments. Thinking too himself, 'what has she been lieing about? What is she keeping secret from me?' He looked down at the desk he walked over and put his coat and hat on. "It is a start to find this person."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightMacbeth1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 pm

She wanted to curl into a little ball and die. Oh, she knew who Zero was. Way too well for her liking. She wished she didn't know who she was, and she wished that at this moment, she wasn't her. "I hope I can help. I'll talk to her master, if he still knows who I am. He should. But I'll see what I can get him to say for you," she sighed. "I give you my word," She took off her mask, showing her face.
Her features were beautiful. Her lips formed a smile just right, her eyes a gorgeous shape and, no acne and flawless eyes. They sparkled blue like a sapphire, one of the most beautiful anyone had ever seen. She gave him a smile and reached out her gloved hand, "I promise."

MidnightMacbeth1
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!