Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Would you kill baby Hitler?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Would you kill baby Hitler (please read the post first)

Yes
20%
No
46%
Waffles, tasty waffles with lots of syrup
34%

Total votes : 105

Re: Would you kill baby Hitler?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 am

That One Guy wrote:No, given a thousand choices I would say leave it as is. As heartless as my answer may seem, hear me out Irish Wolf.

What Hitler did was essential to History. Because of him thousands of Jews with money fled the country, among them were brilliant people such an Einstein. Otherwise Einstein may have just as well stayed in his home, never to share with America his quirky brain and its works. Thousands of Jews also died, and at the time it was not unheard of to be anti-sematic, this process of the Jews being so horribly wronged led to a future where people have a different mind-set of everyone's beliefs and values. I think without those events, we wouldn't be so accepting.

During that time America was at a 'Great Depression' was it not? Guess what pulled it out of that drepression, yep, WW11. I think without that war, America would not have gotten out of the predicament without an even bigger scar than it already has now. And America's economy adversly effects the economy of other countries too, in Europe to be specific.

As horrible as History may be sometimes, we still learn from it don't we? Imagine if things had been welling up until now, do you think a WW11 in modern times would be so kind? No, it would destroy half the planet. It was good that we faught while we did, at least then we couldn't nuke each other.

Besides, Stallin was way more of an ass than Hitler. Not that I'd kill him either though.

Zelin Artemus wrote:Nope, I wouldn't... I would have gone after instead the people who were later to form the idea in his head for, the more we look into the history of Hitler he wasn't truly evil until he had that thought planted into his head and he was only doing what he thought was best for the country... This can be shown in the rumors going around at the time and if it hadn't have been him one could be almost certain somebody else would have done it... In essence, one must look back at the treaty and think about what would have happened if Woodrow Willson had his way with it... The war most likely needn't have happened as the rumors such as the 'stabbed in the back myth' and the 'November Criminals' most likely wouldn't have formed... True the Keiser did need to be removed however, looking back on it, if the 14 points Willson had proposed had gone through then at least 60% of the propaganda that led to these circumstances would have been removed...

As I have already said, due to the civil unrest and the rumors going around it was bound to happen even if he HAD been shot... As such killing Hitler would have been pointless rather, going back to the development of the treaty would have been more beneficial in stopping the war than killing him off would have.

Secondly, That one guy also has a point and a very good one. Without World War II many things would have occurred... With was comes a new industry, an outlet that was sorely needed in such times... The world had been hit hard and probably, as he said, would have suffered to a greater extent than they had without it... Industry would most likely have crashed and never properly recovered, living conditions would have been far less... The economy in total was already heading down the tubes... Yes, Franklin D Rosenvalt slowed it in America and benefited it somewhat however, it was a temporary fix for a long term problem.

There are millions of people who have done worse things than Hitler had done and for far worse reasons... I do not support him, nor his views, simply state that killing him would have made small difference and that throughout history there have been worse people with worse methods than Hitler...

Lastly to Leli's statement, no but killing a person could result in you never having been born if you killed the wrong one or stopped somebody else of importance from being born by accident then yeah... Killing something in the last say 500 to 600 years most likely would not, but killing some one most likely would have sent ripples and the further back you go the greater affect you have... You change something in your life, say a key event and it changes the whole set of building blocks that make up who you are and what has happened up until now...

The same hows for if you killed someone... Killing an animal back then, as cruel as this may sound, most likely wouldn't have changed a thing however killing a human who was not meant to die at that stage would have probably changed everything in the line from which that family was born and may even wipe out that family line in total or else they may not influence something that was supposed to occur which may also have taken a down turn on technology... The further back you go the more risks one takes and the more influence that man has the more potential damage that could be done to the society you live in...

The MATH is anything but simple dearest xxsexyassassinxx, perhaps if you gave more thought than the span of two seconds?
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yaria on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Everybody kills Hitler on their first trip: http://www.abyssandapex.com/200710-wikihistory.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yaria
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Wow, Yaria, that is classic! It truly made my day! Thanks for posting it :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Illusionist on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 am

Nah I wouldn't kill him. Hitler made some interesting history, if I killed him now imagine how many children would have to sit through history class bored and without hope.

The Illusionist
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:59 am

yaria wrote:Everybody kills Hitler on their first trip: http://www.abyssandapex.com/200710-wikihistory.html

LOVE this thing XD

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shard Black on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:23 pm

1 A child is innocent in the eyes of God.
2 I could tell someone what I plan on doing, go back in time, take off the watch place it on the baby and return him to the future....I would live...he would live....they would live....and the future still unknown.

Shard Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXMadMikeXx on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I mean there is no doubt that the things that he did were horrible, but killing him as a baby would alter so much. Who knows where we would be right now.

xXMadMikeXx
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 pm

I want to say yes.... but who knows how that could alter the timeline?

Remember, Hitler jumpstarted Germany's economy. Without him, would Germany have crumpled into a third world state, would a greater tyrant emerge? If i had the time to study the two timelines, I would cast a definitive vote then. until such an option is available, i will say waffles. Tasty waffles with lots of syrup
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArmageddonQueen on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 am

dionkar336 wrote:would a greater tyrant emerge?

I gotta say...it'd be pretty hard to out-tyrant Hitler. :)

ArmageddonQueen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 am

Just because Hitler more famous doesn't mean there hasn't been any worse. There has, Stalin for one, Mao and more. Also if Bormann Hitler's Secretary got power, he would have been worse. Bormann was actually considered the deputy Fuhrer.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Well, if you went back and killed Baby Hitler you wouldn't be known as "the great man who prevented tyranny" you'd be known as "that sick man that killed a baby".

Either way, It's impossible to tell what happened if Hitler never came along for Germany. Sure, he was a psychopath, but he also brought his country out of a deep depression heavily hit by hyperinflation. He was the one that made Germany such a prominent power back in the day, especially in terms of technology. Who knows what cesspool Germany might have been in if it weren't for him? He also indirectly brought the United States out of it's own great depression.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beyond sky on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Man...this is a tuffy! He DID kill millions but that was when he was a grown up not a baby. I know taking a loophole is lame...but couldnt I just kidnap him...raise him myself and turn him into a friendly peace loving person.
Do you have a match...I would like to set you on fire.

Beyond sky
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:38 am

I wouldn't kill Hitler. Young, old, whatever.

World War 2 for all the suffering it caused changed the world for the better. It taught the world how powerful a nuclear bomb is and because of it, a nuke is the only weapon that never needs to be fired for it to be felt. Look at the Nazi experiments. A lot of what modern medicine knows about how the body acts in extreme conditions is built ENTIRELY on their experiments. If it hadn't of happened, our medical knowledge would probably have taken another ten to twenty years to catch up. Not to mention it united a lot of countries.

You could write a book about all the good the came as a result of the evil during the war. If you ask me, taking everything Hitler did to the world and using it to better our lives rather than let it make us just fill with anger, is the ultimate revenge.

If I was Russian I may have a different opinion, but that's a conversation for another time.

EDIT: I should mention, if you really wanted to stop the war, all you'd have to do is let Hitler go to art school. Not kill him.

Sheoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:17 am

BigNTasty wrote:I wish Hitler had more time to complete his final solution..

I am sorry, but this for me really hurts. You are entitled to your opinion, but I just watched the "Boy in the Striped Pajamas", and it was completely and utterly inhumane what they did to the Jews. I would also like to ask, what exactly are your reasons for hating the Jewish people? As far as I am concerned the Nazi's told the German people the Jews started World War I, actually it was the assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand...

I personally am extremely for the Jewish people.

Israel, you are not alone.
Shané

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm in agreement with Shane her, however I would like to say, why are you only mentioning Jews?

Millions more Russian soldiers died fighting Hitler than Jews did.

And what about all the gays, blacks, disabled people, etc, etc?

Shané wrote:
BigNTasty wrote:I wish Hitler had more time to complete his final solution..

I am sorry, but this for me really hurts. You are entitled to your opinion, but I just watched the "Boy in the Striped Pajamas", and it was completely and utterly inhumane what they did to the Jews. I would also like to ask, what exactly are your reasons for hating the Jewish people? As far as I am concerned the Nazi's told the German people the Jews started World War I, actually it was the assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand...

I personally am extremely for the Jewish people.

Israel, you are not alone.

Sheoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:28 pm

I only mentioned the Jewish people, because these were the people mentioned by BigNTasty. I do know that alot of others died and I pity them all, even the Nazis. Alot of them were brainwashed by the propaganda machine's or forced into their positions.

I believe anyone who died during the Holocaust, should be mourned. Even Hitler, not because of his death and end to his reign of terror but for the life he wasted in killing others. If only he could have followed his dream to be an artist.

I forgot to answer the question-

No I would not kill baby Hitler, as much as I mourn for the lives lost, Hitler still had the right to a life and a chance to have a different life (even if he didn't take it). And like many have mentioned, would killing Hitler really have stopped that many people dieing or would it happen in another way?

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoevsPoe on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

It's really nice and really easy to put all the blame for the Holocaust on Hitler. But he had a government that made a lot of political decisions also, and agreed blindly with him. So who's to say that stopping the one man would stop the killing and the war? Fascism was already a fixture in Europe at the beginning of World War 1, and Hitler was not. Most of the atrocities we remember, or have seen from the Holocaust are from the concentration camps, and the separation of families. Hitler rarely even visited the camps or was ever around those he oppressed.

I wouldn't Kill him. If I had to opportunity to remove, maybe "kidnap" him as a baby, yes, since maybe that would lessen the power of the Reich and delay the war. But I don't think it would have stopped the killing. Hitler was a catalyst, a simple figurehead for the Nazi party to form behind. Without him, possibly it would have fallen apart, or never risen to power, but that is not a guarantee.

Wouldn't killing a baby ( even Hitler) be doing just what he did later?
But why shall I say more? Today I wear these chains, and I am here! Tomorrow I shall be fetterless!--- but where?

PoevsPoe
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Susie Maddy Daison on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:00 pm

PoevsPoe wrote:Wouldn't killing a baby ( even Hitler) be doing just what he did later?

If you ignore any semblance of context or extent, then maybe slightly.

Susie Maddy Daison
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu May 17, 2012 7:04 am

Well first of all I could not kill him even if I wanted to because the chances of my country being founded and me being born in the first place would be quite slim…. And I don't want to start a never ending paradox.

On the moral level baby Hitler is innocent of crime and can't be judged for something he hasn't done yet. If I could I would chose to return in time as a replacement history teacher in his school (one of his favorite subjects) or as a fellow student and try to change his views.

However I generally think that history should be left alone, who knows what could have happened and besides even the smallest changes in history can guarantee that most of us would never be born. I rather like me existing, call me selfish if you want to would but I would not trade my existence to any amount of millions.

Additional: killing babies is not cool man.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legend812 on Sun May 27, 2012 7:31 am

I personally wouldn't. After all, he is just a baby with the potential of becoming what he did become. But who's to say that everyone doesn't have that potential, does this mean we should kill all babies who might become the leader of a extremist party and slaughter millions?

Even if Hitler was to die as a child, there's no guarantee that someone else wouldn't have took his place and possibly had an even worse outcome.

Legend812
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!