Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Would you.

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

If a guy you didn't know asked if you wanted a million dollars. What would you say?

Yes.
54%
No
No votes
WHO ARE YOU MAN?
46%

Total votes : 13

Would you.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:27 am

If a guy you didn't know asked if you wanted a million dollars. What would you say?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:03 am

I would say yes. Most likely I will say no to the next thing he says.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:12 pm

You don't have the option of:

"What the heck is the hitch, man?"

Because we know, there's ALWAYS a hitch with something like this.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:14 am

"I don't have Jury Duty 'til next month, man."
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Re: Would you.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:58 pm

I'd have to say that I would have to ask: "In what currency?"
Followed by: "And who do I have to kill?"
And ended with: "And oh, by the way, in which place are they offering a reward for you for robbing that bank?"
Boo.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:14 am

SinfulSoul wrote:I would say yes. Most likely I will say no to the next thing he says.

lol Same here.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:16 am

I would say fork it over!

Ask where it came from later. Come on, its a lot of cash. Take it and RUN!!!! Invest it in small companies around the world. Make a fortune. :P
Speak softly and carry a big stick.
That way, when they dont hear you, you can hit them in the knees.

I'm finally back. I'm terribly sorry I was gone so long.
Avatar: My girlfriend and I... Yes I'm showing off <3

SpringTimeFox
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:39 am

Since I'm a good boy and don't talk to strangers like my mommy told me to when I was an itsy bitsy little boy, I'd probably give the guy a harsh stare and then keep walking. Or shut the door. I truly hate being solicited.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm

I would be likely to say "Fuck off."

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Fractal Resonance wrote:Since I'm a good boy and don't talk to strangers like my mommy told me to when I was an itsy bitsy little boy, I'd probably give the guy a harsh stare and then keep walking. Or shut the door. I truly hate being solicited.

I really don't understand that kind of attitude. How can anyone not be a stranger if you never talk to strangers? Or is everyone you know a member of the household you were born into?

Village Alchemist
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:09 am

Here's how it works:

Strangers are people who ask me if I want a million dollars or a new credit card. Anyone else that I have a chance of interacting with for an extended period of time is an acquaintance. It's more friendly than it sounds.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:51 pm

o.o

One time, in the mall, some guy pulled us out of the walkway and into a t-mobile store trying to get us to buy a phone because his manager was there.

I was scared.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:54 pm

"Yes, but my clothes are staying on."

..That is a lot of money. And if it was offered to me I would probably say yes, depending of course on the catch. Because lets face it, people don't just hand out large sums of money as if they were flyers without wanting something in return.

Stitches
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverAngelWings on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:19 pm

I'd ask what he wanted and why!

SilverAngelWings
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.