Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wow Finally!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Wow Finally!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtistGayle on Tue May 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello Everyone!

My name is ArtistGayle, and I'm 25

I've been Role Playing for the better part of at least 13 years, and this is my first time on this site!

It used to be that I had lots of Role Playing friends and many forums I could Role Play on, Now I'm lucky I found this place, I'm down to one Role Playing Budding from my past years and to be honest it's depressing. I'm just not challenged anymore and perhaps a little burnt out. As you might have noticed my grammar and spelling isn't the best in the world, and I can explain this. During the past few years I was unable to find decent Role Players to keep my writing up to par, and those that I did find ended up being in IM form. Now IM is Horrible if you have any intention to better your writing skills. In short I'm a bit rusty, but I'm working on it! If you all can push aside my faults I promise I will be a worth wile Role Playing Companion, and Friend!

I look forwards to meeting a lot of you and Role Playing with more of you, Thank you for taking the time of reading my jumbled mess of grammar no nos and spelling wrongness. Thank Goodness for Spell check *wink*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtistGayle
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Wow Finally!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Tue May 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Welcome! *waves* we are glad to have you here and hope you like it here ^ ^
Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Welcome! It's nice to meet you. ^.^

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtistGayle on Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Awww Thank you Both! It's nice to know people are warm and friendly here so many other forums are cold and they might say hi here and there but then they go back to their little clicks and ignore people.

ArtistGayle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Tue May 05, 2009 11:37 pm

wow, thats sad......OMG! *Stares at your avatar* that is so freakin cool! XD

Sorry ^//^ i like i though! And some people are mean but i haven't met a lot of them....matter in fact...i only met one. (and i knew him in real life sooo....))
Anyways, what kind of rps do you prefer?

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue May 05, 2009 11:37 pm

All the people here are really nice, I'm finding. I'm relatively new here too, but they have all been so nice. I love your avitar. <3

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue May 05, 2009 11:41 pm

I am Irish Wolf and I bid thee welcome to our humble forum. So what kind of RPs do you like? 1x1 game or group? Fantasy, Scifi or Realistic?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtistGayle on Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Thank you! :) I made him myself! You want one? PM me and we'll talk Details.

Hmmm and that is a good questions....I really don't have much of a preference of Rpgs I'll give all of them a chance.

Hmm but I guess I favor mostly Scifi and Fantasy Rpgs I feel they have the most room to move...creatively speaking, I just try not to do to many "Normal" "Present Day" Rpgs because they just seem to limited to me. But again most of the time I give them a chance. How about you?

ArtistGayle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm all over the board for what kind of genre I like. I really depends on my mood. However, I have a pair of Fantasy games I want to get off the ground. Give them a look over and see if one tickles your fancy.

whaler-luck-ooc-t20907.html

blood-the-kings-ooc-t21532.html

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Wed May 06, 2009 6:41 am

I do anime and vampires stuff most the time! XD
Actually thats a common thing though......*looks around*

I actually have a pretty good roleplay going right now thats a fantasy mix but its in mildly present times/ future. If i see any rps i think you would enjoy, though, i well tell you about them. ^ ^

just-for-tonight-ooc-t21156.html
this is the roleplay i mentioned. Its really cool! *wink wink to everyone*

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Wed May 06, 2009 8:14 am

Hiya and welcome to the site! And I don't think that your English is bad at all. But I know how you feel - I got burnt out a few years back. Don't worry about it, it happens all the time. Ya just gotta jump in and decide if your interested in it or not, and if your not, take a few steps back. Anyways, hope to see ya around!
Lily Dawn Evans:
My Character Profiles: WIP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/work-pro ... 23818.html

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Wed May 06, 2009 3:10 pm

WELCOME WELCOME

'hands out cookies to all above and gives two to Artist'

Well had to do something different so many people had welcomed you already

Come in for a chat in the chat room, its get crazy sometimes but still fun, you might even find a roleplay going on if you are lucky
"I will live in thy heart, die in thy lap, and be buried in thy eyes" Much Ado about Nothing Shakespeare

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed May 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi there. As has been mentioned before, chat can get crazy as all get out, but don't be intimidated; this is really an initiation ritual designed to weed out the weak. :P

As for the types of roleplays we have, we try to cater to everyone. We have forums for fantasy, realistic (past or present), and futuristic, as well as a forum specifically for beating the stuffing out of anyone who dares to cross your character's path, complete with a service for tracking your record and relative ranking against other fighters. (The service focuses on turn-based fights instead of speed-fighting, though.)

Have fun and see you around. Just don't piss off the people with green or red names.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!