Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Writing Classroom

Writing Classroom

a part of “Writing Classroom”, a fictional universe by Mr. Inkwell.

Want to learn how to write a killer post? Maybe you want to use better adjectives, or make scenes more descriptive and engaging? Perhaps you're one of the lucky few who can already do this, and want to help others? Time to go to school!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Writing Classroom”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Writing Classroom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:53 pm

Welcome future students and faculty.

I'm going to be your lack-luster, demonically influenced guide into the scary world of writing. I don't profess to be a great literary mastermind of this century, but I hope to guide those that are, to those that aren't, and those caught somewhere in between. If you want to just offer some quick advice without joining, there is an OOC page where you can post that I will forward into the Activity/Posting section of The Classroom. This place is just a general discussion and chat forum for those interested in staying longer than a single post.

So please, students. Keep it civil. And keep it in your pants. No PDA allowed.
Last edited by Mr. Inkwell on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My situation is not my choice, but the outcome will be. . ."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Writing Classroom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 pm

We had something like this already on the site. :/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smokescreen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:04 pm

XD I literally just read your OOC comment about this on Catalysts and then I saw this and about cracked up lol. But it's a good idea. I can't tell you how many writer's I've encountered that could definitely use the help... not to sound mean or whatever. but everyone can always grow and learn
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Sign me up.

I want to be a student.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 am

Re: Smokescreen

I'm new. And a being of the underworld. What'cha gonna do? You can't get mad at me for trying to help.

Re: VindicatedPurpose

Then go ahead, sign yourself up. Though, fair warning, this "RP" is yet to be fully set up, so lemme get that finished. Should be good by tomorrow.

Re: All

Thank you for your time.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!