Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Writing prompts practice - IC

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Writing prompts practice - IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Ooc: Rules: Everyone writes a prompt. Whoever writes the best writing prompt gets to choose the next subject or word for which we will write another prompt again. Every write up will be in character. This is for practicing to write in character and to give anyone a break if they need be in a roleplay. Alright.
Subject: The moon

IC: His eyes, blood red, shined against the pale light of the moon. The whites of his eyes twinkled, where he was headed he wasn't sure but he kept going. He kept searching, searching, flying into the air until suddenly, he stopped. There he found what he was looking for, the moon illuminating coldly what he searched for. Perched on top of a tree, a dimly lit egg shone, it's glow faint and waning. "I found you at last," the boy said to the egg, as he rubbed it against his cheek.

Ooc: Oh well, I tried. :)
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Writing prompts practice - IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 pm

The moon, again:

The moon was covered in overcast, thick clouds silently swept over hiding shreds of moonlight. In the light shone a shadowed figure, tall and slim approaching the darkness. His eyes shined a red aura, blood red, without any light, peircing through the darkness. Sitting on a telephone pole, he stood up, and began to float into the air. Now flying, he searched through the city streets and roads, sweeping them with every step he took, searching for his match. Now that he was of age, he had to find the right light stone that would suit him perfectly in order to finish his celebration. Higher and higher he soared into the sky, searching every tree, rock, searching for what he did not know he searched for until finally, he saw it. Deeply rooted into a hole of a nurse tree, he dusted off a perfect egg sized stone, dimly glowing in the night. It's glow was faintly waning. " I found you at last," the boy said as he touched the egg and rubbed against his cheek.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Writing prompts practice - IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 am

I'm afraid of you, you know? Terrified, even. Yet, I am attached. I don't do different than walking around you, each day. I stay at a safe distance; watch you from afar. People drown in you, sometimes, you know? And when they do, I see myself in your reflection. I'm afraid of you, you know? You are most terrifying; almost swallowed in darkness. Your light is hidden deep inside of you, underneath layers and layers of stone. It is beautiful.

I have a rival; he is much bigger than me. You circle around him, you know? The way I circle around you. You shine in his light, he can see everything you are. All I do is just a tiny reflection of him, even though he is even further away than I am. Why do you love him, undress before him and bare all your colours? He is just standing there, doing the same things he always has. You grow pale when he spends less time with you, you know? It's as if part of you sleeps and part of you dies, but then you wait for him, wait as always... I am always here, you know?

Even if I see nothing but your darkness, even if you love him more than you will ever love me, I will still be around. I'm attracted to you, because you are my world.
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!