Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Written In Blood (Saw Movie RP) Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Written In Blood (Saw Movie RP) Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Hey RPG,

Anyone who knows me probably knew I RPed as Jack the Ripper back in '09 under Waste.'s Shadow Weavers RP. I love playing serial killers and murderers or any just regular 'ol bad guy. I love swearing, blood, agonizing riddles, etc.

That is why I am wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Saw-like RP. I wouldn't base it off the movies, but would rather create my own characters and plotline. Of course, I would play "Jigsaw" (not necessarily using that alias, but his persona yes). Someone would need to play "Amanda", could be a male or female assistant who has previously survived one of "Jigsaw"'s 'games'. I will NOT tolerate betrayal by the cohort. Meaning if the assistant wants to be a murderer, let he/she have done it before surviving the game, and then realizing that everyone should have a chance to "Cherish" their lives.. And then I would need the detectives, and victims, etc.

Obviously, I would keep it modern. The year is 2010, month of April (I like spring for horror settings, I don't know why..), and the characters have all at least heard of the modern horror movies like Saw, Friday the 13th, etc., etc.

What is required:
- A good imagination.
- A willingness to THINK. Thinking can save characters' lives, ESPECIALLY when they work together. I will probably have a hard game in the beginning, then an easy one, then harder, etc. The number of games I choose depends on the period of time I choose for the contestants to play. In the movies, this is one hour. I may make it a half hour, or four hours, or eight hours. You get the idea. You're at the mercy of my hands.
- Not necessarily a page-long post, but at least 150 words (to give you an idea, this post will be just over three times that size). The more you explain what you are thinking and doing though, the better, because your actions determine how long you will survive.
- Good, developed, non-Mary Sue characters. I need to know these characters and be able to see them if they are to play a part in my game.
- The characters do not have to have something in common, since multiple people are going to be playing different characters, and it's hard to have one thing in common among all the characters. This is one thing unalike the Saw movies. While I will have all of my contestants here, it is imperative that they are corrupt in one way or another, as a purpose for me having you all play my game.

HINT: Each contestant is given a tape, as is customary of the Saw movies. Each contestant is individual, yet the contestants are a whole team playing a part in this game. Your ears are the most valuable thing for your survival. Live or die, make your choice.

Note: During the time this game is under way, I will be keeping a character journal in which I record my observations of your characters' behaviors. Only the cohorts know of this journal and are aloud to read from it. However, contestant players may read the journal and PM me with anything they're interested/curious about.

Character Slots:
- "Jigsaw" type character (unnamed yet) - Me
- Cohort / Helper - Upfallen
- Perhaps secondary Cohort / Helper - BGGenesis

Contestants:
- Contestant One - Upfallen
- Contestant Two - Tyce
- Contestant Three - Littlesun1
- Contestant Four (optional)
- Contestant Five (optional)
- Contestant Six (optional)

Detectives:
- Urealisticreflection
- Essa
- Optional Slot
- Optional Slot

If you are interested, please post what character you would like to play. I would like to keep the male-to-female ratio fairly even between the contestants. I would also like at least one of each gender detective. The gender of the cohort(s) is wholly up to you to decide.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask here. Thanks!

Character Sheet:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Physical Attributes:[/b] (Body structure)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Posture, Common outfit types, can have a picture but must have a good description anyway)
[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b] (if any)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Have fun with this)
[b]Strengths:[/b] (What your character excels in, could be anything)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Include fears/phobias/bad habits)
[b]History:[/b] (This is where I want you to really get detailed)
Last edited by AmethystXIII on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmethystXIII
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Written In Blood (Saw Movie RP) Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Upfallen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 pm

AKhfklejsaghfkaghkfhaaejfhgjkasfagfjhja.

Saw. I love Saw. Count me in. I'll play either the Cohort, a Contestant, or both if that's possible.

Excuse me, I need to go have a fangirl moment now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Upfallen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:33 pm

@Upfallen O_o; Well, sure, you're in. Also I don't know if there will be too many people interested anyway so you could probably have both characters. I think it goes without saying that the two characters have no affiliation with each other, other than maybe recognizing their faces or something. Also, which do you prefer, forum or the roleplay tabs?

AmethystXIII
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Upfallen on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:23 am

Haha, sorry for my overenthusiasm; it's just that I've always wanted to do a Saw roleplay but have never found people competent or willing enough for it to work.

I prefer the roleplay tab; the forum still gets me all mixed up.

Upfallen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Bump... What is it that people would like to see first? I don't want to give away the first room without knowing the number of characters joining...

AmethystXIII
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyce on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:36 am

I am extremely interested in playing a Male Contestant.

I would be building a CS once this goes into OCC!

Tyce
http://www.astoniareborn.com I love this COMPLETELY unique customization stat system MMORPG! Come raid my clan, or join mine and raid others!

Tyce
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BGGenesis on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:27 am

male secondary cohort

BGGenesis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyce on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 am

This gonna be taking off anytime soon?

Tyce

Tyce
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:36 pm

This will take off as soon as there are a full party of those interested. I've posted a roleplayers wanted topic here.

AmethystXIII
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Urelasticreflection on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:58 am

Since no one wants to, I could play a detective. I was honestly thinking about staring a Saw RP of my own just a few hours ago.

▲ ▲

Urelasticreflection
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:24 am

Thank you for displaying your interest, I was getting worried that there weren't any other people interested in this sort of thing. Feel free to start making up a character sheet and if you have any ideas or suggestions go ahead and say em! Same goes to the rest of you guys :)

This is probably going to be a really small group if we don't get more people interested but I have faith that my contestants will have the ability to think. Oh, and I am not having mercy for you guys at all when it comes to your characters. Really think when you do something, don't just do it and hope it works. Do it and be able to see yourself coming out the door of this place.

Alive.

AmethystXIII
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am

Hello, I'll play the third contestant; if the spot's still open. I've only seen one or two of the movies, but I love the psychology behind Saw, and Stephen King, and all that messed up stuff!

I'll play a female, since they seem to be the minority right now. I've got an idea for her, but I feel like a horrible person now that I've come up with it... Hopefully it fits the criteria for a kidnapping (and hopefully I’ll be able to keep up, although that’ll only happen if my character’s a better thinker than I am)!
Because I'm Broken When I'm Lonesome
And I Don't Feel Right When You're Gone Away
~>xx<~
LITTLESUN1

LittleSun1
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Wilkommen am die Familie!

I'll put up the RP and OOC, and you guys can start putting up your character profiles and the like. ( If I have a problem with it, I'll let you know but I don't really think I'll have much of a problem with any of them, unless they're not descriptive enough in areas that I need them to be. )

Will edit this post when everything's ready (kinda busy today so it might not be until later tonight).

AmethystXIII
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Count me in too.

I would also like to play as a detective, if that's ok?
There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.
- Brian Aldiss

Essa
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!