Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Xbox Live

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Xbox Live

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:38 pm

So yeah, wondering who all has live accounts and such.

Gamertag: Tersan
Games: (Online, anyway)
GTAIV
Kane and Lynch
Crackdown
Halo 3 -- Soon to come
Gears of War -- Soon to come
Call of Duty 4 -- Soon to come
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Xbox Live

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 am

Gamertag: SSJHunterKiller
Games: Halo 3* - Halo 2 - Tenchu Z

*Some guy named Luke owes be 24 steak dinners. I wanna know how, when and where I'm supposed to collect on said steak dinners!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:19 pm

I will soon

Games: DOA4 Halo 3 Star Wars Battlefront II Gears of War

***Know as MC B FETT :Was hated on the original xbox for owning too hard at Battlefront. Had brought team back from 20 troops vesus 150 or so. GOT THEM DOWN TO 14 BEFORE LOSING!
Also known for being one of the few online players that knew how to win without being a rocket ***** or jetpack troop.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Pretty much Halo 3, though if I get COD4 will obviously be on LIVE for that.

Gamertag: Shock Theta

@SSJHunterKiller: Luke is the guy who used to work at 1up but is now content editor for bungie or something along those lines. He does the news and updates on bungie.net. Anyway the Steaktacular medal is a reference to a match they played in the studio where they bet a steak dinner they couldn't win a 2vs2 team slayer game to 50 by at least 20 kills... So if you have 24 Steaktacular medals you've done that 24 times. Good job!

Shock
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:03 pm

I know this has nothing to do with this topic...But I wish I had an Xbox sort of. I played Halo 3 for the first time last weekend and it was so much fun, even though I can't get used to the controls if my life relied on it. Damn double analog sticks. I can only imagine how much fun it'd be if I could play that game with other people every where. =/
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:07 pm

Yeah I know what the award is, that was just supposed to be funny, ya know? Well guess it wasn't...........and I'll be sending a friend request to everyone that lists their GT, so be ready for it!

P.S. L Rocks!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 pm

Oh man, thought ya didn't know. Sorry dude : D
I see you have added me so look forward to playing man. Ooh actually you're on now, hmm... may pester you for a game...

@ Angel: I now like you 10% more. (Lol jk, although that's pretty cool you enjoyed playing, shame you can't have a 360 for free, eh?)

Shock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:18 am

Haha, thanks Shock. I guess I get brownie points to make up for calling you a girl in our RPG. I don't know what I was thinking. -_- I actually did that a few weeks ago with someone else who was relatively new, because I had gotten their welcome description mixed up with someone else's because I had replied to so many welcome threads that day. x_X

What other games are live with Xbox besides Halo3? I haven't even thought about getting an Xbox because I just don't like enough of the games that come out for it.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:06 pm

Heh, It's no biggie, pretty funny really : D

As for the games with LIVE built in - they all have some functionality, although games like oblivion merely track your achievements and tell other people you're online, there's no co-operative play or anything. But most games allow you to play against others, including the arcade titles. What sort of games are you into?

Shock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Pretty much every single game that's out for the 360 allows you to play online........except of course for DW: Gundam! I was pissed about that one! Still a very good game, but I was hoping to be able to whip people all over the globe with me Wing Zero!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 pm

I like all kinds of games. If it involves being able to play with other people everywhere, I play anything. I need to go to Matt's house and play with him Live one day. This Thanksgiving break is perfect because we're all off work. I may be changing my Christmas list around. >=)

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 pm

Sweet! Would be a pretty cool Christmas present, that. I would warn you that a few people on LIVE (exclusive to Halo 3 it seems, much like its predecessor) are racist, homophobic, anti-semitic bastards. It's saddening. So I hope you never experience any of that this coming holiday.

Shock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Halo 3, king of the friggin idiots

note, mute all kids screaming for better gaming experience

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Amen to that. I have to say it's rather worrying that these kids (regardless of their age, they are children) are gonna be getting jobs and.. doing responsible stuff, sometime in the future. I hope I can bring up my kids better than that, whenever that day comes. Hopefully not for a while yet.

Walter, remember to drop the info in here when you get your gold account up and running! Would be cool to play some games with you. I'm a respectable LIVE citizen, it's a-OK. :)

Shock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:05 am

I can tell you about these ten year olds on LIVE. They're the kids of rich parents that though having children would be fun, but quickly lost interest about 37.254 seconds after said child was born. So in order to keep the children out of their hair, they buy them things that they shouldn't really have, like a $300ish gaming system and M-Rated games.

I can tell you one things, when/if it comes time for my children to be brought up, they're going to know what a good beating can do. I'm not a fan of all these "you can't give your kid a spanking" laws. I'm sorry, but that's BS. When I screwed up, my mom beat my ass, and it worked! I didn't do whatever it was that I did to get the beating. But these kids, all they get is a "no" and a "please don't do that again" because heaven forbid that one of the parents give the kids a nice backhand to keep them in line.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:24 am

I pretty much agree with you, except to clarify that I wouldn't be physical with my kids all the time, rather, when appropriate. Children need to know why what they've done is wrong, but sometimes you can't explain (because they're too young) or what they're done is grievous enough that to smack them is in my view the best course of action. When kids get older however I believe smacking merely promotes resentment and rebellion. Taking away their privileges is more effective then... they can take a smack but they can't live without going out, or playing their favourite sport or game, for two weeks.

But it's entirely possible I'm very wrong and more experienced folks would disagree.

Shock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:12 am

Ooooh, I am so totally with you guys. When I was bad when I was little, I got my butt beat and I thank my parents for it now. They didn't like...beat me all the time, just when necessary as Shock said. I know I wouldn't be the (I'd like to think) respectable person I am today if I didn't have a few smacks on the tail years ago. =D

That sounds so weird...

I've babysat kids who were RIDICULOUSLY spoiled and crap, because their parents just give them what they want to shut them up. I don't want kids, but if I have them, they will be the most well behaved children ever.

And you can mute people on Live? That's AWESOME. o.o

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:31 am

When your parent grabs a yardstick, and spanks you with it, your ears become better at listening....

I agree fully with the idea of "old ways" punishment. If the little brats don't get that treatment, they become disrespectful pricks. So please do, smack your kid so they know how to behaive.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:13 am

Interesting counter argument to our consensus here. Although we're not advocating against, or refuting, their main points:

'EPOCH believes that ending physical punishment will have many positive effects:

* children can only achieve their full potential when they are recognized as individual people with rights of their own;

* the current acceptance of physical punishment helps to cause more serious child abuse;

* even `light' physical punishment can unintentionally cause significant injuries to small children;

* children who are hit by their parents learn that violent solutions are acceptable and are more likely in turn to hit their own children. Violence breeds violence.'

Back on topic, muting people on LIVE is a godsend. I wonder if they keep talking when no one responds to their stupid comments all game...

Shock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unknown Knight on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:16 pm

GT: MuayThaiArtist
Games:
Online - Halo 3, Halo 2, G.R.A.W., Gears of War, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4
Offline - Mass Effect (Damn you Bioware. Oh well the game play was great.)
Borrow/Rented: Lost Planet, Spider-Man 3, Guitar Hero 2, Shadowrun

Many ask, so I'll answer the question here. I did take Muay Thai for one year in Thailand. Yes, I am Thai.
Very few no who I truly am. Most of those who do wish they didn't. Those who remain are who I trust.

Unknown Knight
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!