Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Xmen: Rise of the Shadows

Xmen: Rise of the Shadows

a part of “Xmen: Rise of the Shadows”, a fictional universe by Dak'nahlan J'novi.

Years have passed since mutants changed history for the better. Cities grew, People changed... Mutants have died. Humans rather made mutants their calling to attack before they lose their land. So now, the Xmen have gone into hiding, waiting to rise up...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Xmen: Rise of the Shadows”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Xmen: Rise of the Shadows

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dak'nahlan J'novi on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Alright, Dak here, And there appears to be a bit of issues going on around the X-men RP which regards to-

>>Post Length
>>Location
>>Timekeeping.

Now I know that you guys are having an awesome time with the RP, but it makes it hard to RP when we aren't all together. Think about it, a normal person who has never been to a place before usually stays with the person who owns it, right? I wasn't even planning on having the Cerebro as a plot point in the story since its one known user is powerful enough to contain its energy. So please guys, don't split up and go to far from the group.

Another thing, It's hard to keep time as a concept when everyone is shooting posts every five seconds. So please, slow down with the posts. The only reason why I made the mission open is so that everyone gets together again. You guys need to remember that you arent the main one's building the plot here alright? Another RPer and I have something in mind for you, but you gotta be patient! Okay? xD

And you guys know about post length. Yes, you can keep it simple, but if I see another one liner I'm gonna go insane. Post like this.

1: Action made towards you
2: Response to that action
3: A moment of thought
4: Your action
5: Waiting for the other person's reaction.

That should leave you with at least 4 lines. It can't move forward with just fumes of gasoline. It needs a full tank.

I hope that you can regard these things and, trust me, it'll help us along in the end.
Dak'nahlan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dak'nahlan J'novi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby claw on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 pm

I agree there with the posting, its all moving around madly with no idea like a drunken bluebottle. I would like very much to point out that right now the cold-blooded lizard mutant is lost somewhere in a corridor freezing to death, such is life.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

claw
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Spirit Wolf on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Yeah, I can do that. But I feel as if your whole post was directed at me.
Sparkle Wolf

Dark Spirit Wolf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:21 pm

I agree with claw, reading up on what happens outside of James' actions are getting quite confusing. I suggest adding a time and location to each post, keeping realistic time changes between each post as time passes on. This makes it easier to see when and where these actions has taken place, and also allows people to post things happening a bit before some things happen before slowly moving inwards to that time to catch up.

Just a suggestion.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Spirit Wolf on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Okay. I will have to edit my post to fit the requirements.

Dark Spirit Wolf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Dak'nahlan J'novi wrote:Alright, Dak here, And there appears to be a bit of issues going on around the X-men RP which regards to-

>>Post Length
>>Location
>>Timekeeping.

Now I know that you guys are having an awesome time with the RP, but it makes it hard to RP when we aren't all together. Think about it, a normal person who has never been to a place before usually stays with the person who owns it, right? I wasn't even planning on having the Cerebro as a plot point in the story since its one known user is powerful enough to contain its energy. So please guys, don't split up and go to far from the group.

Another thing, It's hard to keep time as a concept when everyone is shooting posts every five seconds. So please, slow down with the posts. The only reason why I made the mission open is so that everyone gets together again. You guys need to remember that you arent the main one's building the plot here alright? Another RPer and I have something in mind for you, but you gotta be patient! Okay? xD

And you guys know about post length. Yes, you can keep it simple, but if I see another one liner I'm gonna go insane. Post like this.

1: Action made towards you
2: Response to that action
3: A moment of thought
4: Your action
5: Waiting for the other person's reaction.

That should leave you with at least 4 lines. It can't move forward with just fumes of gasoline. It needs a full tank.

I hope that you can regard these things and, trust me, it'll help us along in the end.

THE DAK ONE HAS HEARD OUR CRIES
Image"The answers in the stars...."HEY YOU! CLICK THIS

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aster Sapphire on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Okay Dak'nahlan J'novi, sorry but I'm only just now seeing the direct response you sent to my character. This doesn't update automatically like RP I'm use to so I responded to the Deadpool guy and then ended up in another scene before I saw your post. That being said, now that I have seen it; any way we can salvage the scene?

Aster Sapphire
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enitsirk on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah, the main problem is lack of patience. It's chaos because when something happens, like Neema asking Elaine if she's alright after being safely placed into the hallway, people don't get their chances to respond; I couldn't respond to her because she had to keep up the pace everyone else accelerated to. So now I have fallen way behind...Follow the list of four subjects who Dak write earlier here. Follow the GM.
~Peace and play. Be merry and gay ~

Enitsirk
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 pm

*returns with ice cream and sees the OOC on fire*

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Retrovertigo on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:42 pm

I posted! feel free to reply. Simon does not bite unless you want him to.

Retrovertigo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Good Evening,

Just wondering if there is still space in this?

Cheers.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Uh guys... Are we still doing this plan that Dak had in mind or?...

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enitsirk on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:41 pm

I think we need to clarify if this is a bunker or the school. Or has every aspect of the school been placed into this underground bunker? And are there windows? I pictured a bunker with less furniture. Has the x-men moved all of the school into this huge bunker tunnel 30 years ago?

Enitsirk
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 pm

*returns*What i miss?

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surfergirl on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Ohhh!!!! I know it's a bit late but could I possibly join?!

Surfergirl
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dak'nahlan J'novi on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry guys, I was gone on a trip to St Louis last week and I wasn't able to post. But, for now, I'll try to post on the daily.

Dak out `^`

Dak'nahlan J'novi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enitsirk on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:37 pm

What's going on with this rp?? Where did everybody go?

Enitsirk
Member for 10 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!