Yahoo Ayenne days! Lets see if we can't reconnect!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Yahoo Ayenne days! Lets see if we can't reconnect!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 am

(Not sure If this kind of post belongs here. Admins let me know if it needs to go somewhere else and I will change it)

Hello all! I have been seeing many people who use to RP from Yahoo chat Ayenne back in the day so I thought I would start a thread that we can all comment on and see if we can't connect with old RP'ers from back in the day!!!

I went my Sammeh at the time. I was absolutely everywhere in those chat rooms. I RP'ed X-Men, Sailor Moon, Fantasy, Demons, Original, Yaoi, Yuri, Mortal Kombat, Anime characters, Manga characters, Vampire. I was all over! my time was from about 1997-2003, then disappeared for a long time until I found this site, went by Sammeh (SerenaMathews) then, then dissapeared again, and now I'm back!
Have fun, Don't get lost, Don't fall in. Three essential rules of life - KameJLa

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KameJLa
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Yahoo Ayenne days! Lets see if we can't reconnect!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:04 pm

*waves* Good to see a fellow old Yahoo RPer, also you're in the right section of the forum.

I used to do a LOT on yahoo and would definitely love to reconnect with people! Especially since it's been what? 15 years? I know discovered the stuff around 2001/2 on a lark. I didn't so much do anime, but definitely a lot of fantasy, scifi, and original.

I ran the Highlander RP Room and did a bunch of one on one, along with the Fantasy Realms or Corporis Group. Ayenne was something I looked into briefly, and had difficulty understanding the system for some reason.

My main handle was "angelique_montagard", and I had others.. but it's been so long since I've used anything yahoo.. and I suspect they've likely gone the way of the dino, the handles that is.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Member for 10 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 am

I remember seeing a highlander RP room and I would sneak in there and watch. I never RP'ed highlander but I remember the room vagley!!! Small world indeed.

I went by sooooo many handles. Serena_Mathews. NekoSammeh.. no matter what handle I used everyone knew that it was me Sammeh. lol I knew a La, a Joel, SG, Cryssi.. oh dear.. so long I can't remember any more than that at the moment!

Ive always wondered where we all branched off too. When I first joined this site I didn't hear of Ayenne from anyone. I disappear and it's like the Yahoo Rpers are back! They have all made their way to this site.

KameJLa
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Oh wow, then you have been around the block!
Well I'm not running highlander on here, but still do scifi and am really heavily involved in the urban fantasy things. I remember the Serena_Mathews handle, I think you probably popped in asked a few questions in the highlander room then went on your way. We didn't bite, but definitely weren't very friendly either.

As for other handles.. I can remember maybe two or three in addition to that first one? I think they were sonata_of_moonlight, nostalgia_for_infinity, and mcu1890. I had it all separated into genres and groups of persons who did certain types of plots.

People wise... I knew were a Jules, Dren, Michelle, UtraVoxx or UV, Karasu, Spoo, Paradox, Cory, along with few others who I did New Orleans by Night with around the time of Hurricanes Rita and Katrina here in the south. The first three... Jules, Dren, and Michelle I really don't speak with anymore/lost contact with for reasons that are complicated.

Absenthia
Member for 10 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 am

hahaha yes I was a curious thing. I probably thought it was all about the highlander TV show, and during that type my writing started to suffer so i was probably looking for rp's, then dissapeared shortly after.

But it is such a small world for us to have migrated to this website. XD I was super upset when they took away the user rooms in yahoo chat, then took them away all together I lost contact with absolutely everyone.

KameJLa
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!