Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Yaiba's Edge - Signups

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Yaiba's Edge - Signups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TehDerek on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:40 pm

Howdaye there, time for somethin' new. Pay close attention now......

A Taste of Destruction

The humidity wavered through the air, feeding from the moisture that was so gently suspended over them all, ensuring their torture for years to come. Though years of this painstaking affliction had developed the skin of the soldiers to an almost equivalent level of evolution, though the beads of perspiration still boiled from the pores beneath. The Jungles had offered much through the time spent within their domain, revealing the inner dangers that their lush embrace could offer to the soldiers.

Yet, the equivalency of their three years of military placement within this thriving hell hole was dimmed in comparison with those that passed amongst them, unseen and unheard. Even now, as the guerrilla forces of Yaiba surrounded the small collection of soldiers that manned the base known as Seishi, not a word was uttered, nor a sound emitted to announce their deadly approach, not before it was far too late. At that precise moment, narrowed down to the specific second, hell erupted throughout the nations, and the initiation of War was at hand.

The Yaiba's Edge

Across the Asian Nations, the eruption of gunfire ignited the midnight sky as the near boiling pieces of shrapnel flew through the air, performing its sole duty to penetrate the flesh of any that dared enter its path. The sudden ferocity exposed by the guerrilla forces against the Military Bases across the nations caught the soldiers entirely off guard.

Upon the documentation of the sudden outpour of physical force displayed by the citizens, the date was issued into history as the ‘Yaiba’s Edge’. Because this was the day when the Nations erupted in violence, pouring out in such fluid attack that the Government could only confirm that a central force had provided such an attack.

While it was apparent that street gangs and other small conglomerations could never have been capable of such brutality, not to mention the usage of newly updated mobile suits, the Government could only assume that a much larger force had stepped in and rallied the people behind them. This was the breaking point; the Government would no longer keep its brutality behind closed doors. Martial law was instated upon each and every city within the Asian Nations, with numbers capable of handling whatever outbursts could strive for their freedom. If the hand reached once, it was slapped away, but if the hand dared to reach this time, they would not only take the hand, they’d take the body along with it.

Basic Storyline

With an iron clad grip on the Cities themselves, the Government now stands as the central force to combat these Guerrilla soldiers. The Rules are relatively simply….

Rule #1 – No god modding, not bullshit claims, nada. I’m the Head of the game, along with another, and we’ll judge it accordingly.

Rule #2 – If you plan to bring in a character from outside of the Asian Nation, please provide valid reasons as to WHY he/she/it is there. Include it in your Profile or develop it in your story.

Rule #3 – You want uber amazing powerz?!?!? Tell us how ya’ got ‘em, at least to some extent. Don’t start pullin’ random stuff out neither, it’ll really give off a bad vibe. Include it in your Profile or develop it in your story.

Rule #4 – You have a choice of which side ya’ wanna’ be on…You can either work for the Government, the Rebels, or you can fall into that nifty Other category.

Rule #5 – Guess what…..You don’t HAVE to have a profile. Yay! :D Although, it’s a good idea if you want to give a better idea of exactly who you’re using as your character.

Rule #6 – Yes, there will be NPC Soldiers that you can control. You can develop them anyway you know how, but remember, in the end, they’re still NPCs and can easily be dispatched.

Rule #7 – Have fun….Damnit…….Or I’ll send Holy to eat your babies!

The Groups!

Government – Yeah, suit and tie professional, or perhaps even an expertly trained assassin! Are we evil? Why yes, thank you for asking. J Joining the Government allows useage of their own special kinds of Mobile Suits! W00-h00!

Rebels – Freedom, we demand it, and we want it NOW! Yeah, that’s right, would you much rather be one to hide in trees and suddenly shimmy down a vine to delicately place a razor thin line across someone’s Adams apple? Stealth, a primary tactic, Tactics, don’t forget ‘em, remember all of these that date back to the times of the Samurai, for that happens to be the deeper set of character development…..Yes, the Rebels are Samurai. Does that mean you get to use Katanas? Of course! Does that mean you get to use your Magical Flying Three Fingered Dragon Jutsu? Only if you can properly describe it!

Others – This is the group that really has no inner ties to the other two. These are more the ones who happened upon all of this, or was jus’ in the neighborhood when Soldier-Boy’s next door neighbor decided to take a 9mm to his skull. So, you find YOUR place in this battle, somehow, some way….Even if you’re jus’ the rogue fighter that likes to stand mysteriously atop of buildings before leaping down with some massive array of aerobatics to drop into combat!

The Final Note

We’re all here for the same thing, to have a good time. So, let’s keep it that way! If there’s a problem that me, nor Future have had time to address, drop us a PM or a message on AIM. We’re here to help sort things out so we can all peacefully go along with the game.

One more thing, Mobile suits……You want one? Get on a much deeper level with your suit then, play it properly. Hell, get creative and paint the bastard pink if ya’ want, but pick the suit carefully while understanding the faults. As for a Custom suit, come to me or Future for approval on it before posting its usage. You can have it being worked on for the moment, so have a blast kiddies.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TehDerek
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:24 pm

You've got my support for this one, haven't decided which side I'm going to end up on yet, I'll think about it over the next day and post it up. I'll be using Val Thrall as my character.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:43 pm

You know I'm in.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Treize Khushrenada on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:56 pm

I'll also be taking a role.

Treize Khushrenada
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:44 pm

I am working my way over to asia with my next post. I will most definately be taking a role. Hopefully with in the Other Category.

Zeke
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xu Zhao-Nu on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:23 pm

'Allo. It's Seren, Aristaton, whatever you know me by. Xu Zhao-Nu is the character name.

Xu Zhao-Nu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TehDerek on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:03 pm

It won't be long now, I imagine i'll kick this off here in jus' a bit. Although i'd much rather it be put in a much easier place to access....x.x

TehDerek
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:40 pm

Yeah, that would be a good thing, it's be easier for us to get to, plus others that haven't seen this would probably join.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noboru Kasahara on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:18 pm

So, let's get the ball rolling on this then. I'm eager to start. ^^

(This is the player of Treize, by the way. This'll be my character for this part of the story.)

Noboru Kasahara
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xu Zhao-Nu on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 pm

So am I.

No mercy to the Rebel scum! =P

Xu Zhao-Nu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Wait, wait.

Do we have any fuckin' rebels? X_x.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xu Zhao-Nu on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:11 pm

...Good point. Yeah, DO we have any rebels? Or are we all now Gubbment?

Xu Zhao-Nu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:14 pm

I'll volunteer to switch sides if needed. I was looking forward to wearin' a suit and casually oppressing the people, but what the hell?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xu Zhao-Nu on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:30 pm

I might do the same if no one else really wants to become the rebels, although I too was quite excited to oppress the peoples.

Xu Zhao-Nu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:52 am

I'll go over to the rebels; I certainly wear enough of the tie and suit at my job anyway.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.