Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Yar! Flames be harr!

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:42 am

[quote=Zhelir Darkfall]Not enough talk on this "vet shit."

The only reason people say shit like that is the same reason that the subject keeps coming up: BECAUSE the subject keeps coming up. Hell of a paradox.

Back in the day, there was no question of who was a Vet, and why being a Vet was such a good thing. Then, the more the subject came up, the more the lines blurred, the more the honest-to-goodness Vets wanted to get that line set back where it was supposed to be.

There was once a time when Vets were viewed as leaders, not as a bunch of whiney old fucks. Wanna guess what changed that? That's right: saying shit like "too much talk on this vet shit."[/quote]

Puhleez after what...4...5 years and you guys are still bothering yourself by trying to prove who is a vet and who is not...? Thats not where the talk started. It started when...fuck it...I just don't care. If you're a vet, you're a vet. Fuck trying to prove or trying to prove. Just be. That's what I'm saying by all this "vet shit." Take it in an offensive way. I frankly don't care. :)

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:14 am

Did you read anything posted in that AM topic? At all?

We're not "trying to prove or trying to prove" (what the hell does that mean? Seems a bit redundant, to me) we're Vets. Those of us who stand up and yell that we're Vets do so because we're proud of it. I know it doesn't mean shit to you, and that's peachy, but don't try to pull a Benson on us and be the edgy member that "Just doesn't care." Try to be the member with enough sense to leave the other Vets the hell alone if she doesn't like what they're saying? 'Kay?
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 am

You're the edgy vets that must jump tail everytime someone speaks about vets. I read the topic just fine. Be proud of being vets, thats all well and dandy but in here and there, y'all are always trying to prove your're vets. K, you're vets, like they said in that topic, if you're vets you know it, you don't have to prove it and you don't have to go around disproving others, as long as you know that they're not vets what does it matter? You're not just saying you're proud of it, you're jumping on the other people in the thread that are not vets. Just come to your own little section and laugh at it, because this fight just seems to go on forever. It seems like you guys look for any opportunity to try and say that you're vets and bash others that pretend, thats what it looks like you're doing. It's not needed. Like I said, just be. :P

You can tell me to shut up and don't tell y'all things but y'all need to read it because quite frankly there is no reason to throw a fit everytime a topic like this comes up, since its been done a gazillion times. You can try to say its because you're proud of it but I think you're just hanging on to every snippet of GW that you can, whether it means bashing vets themselves or trying to pwn on lil members that don't know shit. It's the internet, don't get bent out of shape.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:31 pm

Son of a bitch, where'd my split topic button go?

Master, when ya catch this, wanna move these posts over to Flames?

Anywho.

Do you even know what "edgy" means? Going against the norm to try to impress people. Yeah, being that it's expected of Vets to defend (I state once again: DEFEND, not prove. We defend our spots as Veterans. The only person that wasn't a vet that we even came close to jumping on in that topic was Donny, you moron. Y'know Kyo Yuy? HE'S A VET, TOO) our good names, and as such, me doing so wouldn't be considered "edgy." Moreso the antithesis of edgy. So don't use big words (or as Peter would say, small, complicated words) until y'know what they mean.

So, let's do a little dissection, here.

You tell us not to jump on people in the topic. No one was jumped on. The closest we came to that was me telling Benson/Kyo_Yuy exactly why we're proud of being Vets. Kyo also happens to be a Veteran, so even that wouldn't count toward attacking people who aren't Veterans.

One person, who doesn't even visit GWing, said Donny wasn't a Vet. So even mentioning disproving others in this topic is pointless: No GWing members did such a thing.

I'd say the closest we came to really, truly attacking people was when Eric thanked those admitting they're not Veterans, and was seconded by Myself and, I think, Derek, as this was, by proxy, telling off those who aren't Vets who claim to be. Ooooooooo.

This one gave me a laugh. No, really, it did. You say "Come to your own section and laugh about it." WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS SECTION IS? For Veterans. So that's exactly what we do: Come to our section and laugh about it. Redundancy at its finest.

Finally, I'd like to state that I love such lines. "It's only the internet, no need to get bent out of shape." Shit like that. You think because someone disagrees with you, they're bent out of shape. Well, I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll probably have to repeat it a few times to get it through: I LOVE TO ARGUE. Most people do; few admit it. I'm not bent out of shape about this in the least; I'm lovin' it, as they say. The only thing online that has or will ever get me bent out of shape is the slander of GWC. I wouldn't expect you to understand why; you've clearly failed to grasp most of what's gone on these last couple days as is.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:42 pm

Its not a flame really. Except if this topic goes off to flame AM or you go off to flame me, so its fine where it is, its all on topic.

Do you even know what "edgy" means? Going against the norm to try to impress people. Yeah, being that it's expected of Vets to defend (I state once again: DEFEND, not prove. We defend our spots as Veterans. The only person that wasn't a vet that we even came close to jumping on in that topic was Donny, you moron. Y'know Kyo Yuy? HE'S A VET, TOO) our good names, and as such, me doing so wouldn't be considered "edgy." Moreso the antithesis of edgy. So don't use big words (or as Peter would say, small, complicated words) until y'know what they mean.

Perhaps thats YOUR definition of edgy but it can be interpreted as frequently taking things offensively. Basically what you are doing right here.

As for the rest, I'm not even going to bother, thats why I didn't bother on my first post. I'll just be doing what y'all doing. Arguing about something that pointless. I'll answer your question, yes I know who Kyo is, me and him had a chat in AM chat where HE was the one that pointed the topic out to me, telling me how someone called him a n00b or something like that. I saw the topic BEFORE I visited Gwing. In fact it was some mods post about Gwing that made me remember this place again and of course there was a topic about it already here.

I stick by statements. Just chill out is all I'm saying to y'all. You can argue that you're defending, proud, blah blah but thats not the only thing that has been happening since every topic about Vets has come up. Just be.

~peace

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:54 pm

It's on topic, but it's flaming. Eric made the flame forums for a reason. I promise you that's where these posts will end up, as soon as he's got the time. Do read, next time.

As for "edgy." The actual definition of it is irritable, not frequently taking offense to things. There IS a difference. I refer to the more commonly used slang term.

You don't touch the rest because you know sure as shit that you can't say anything on the matter. You tried to make a house of arguements thatched with bullshit, and it got torn down.

No one called Benson a n00b.

You're the only one who needs to "chill out," I'm 'fraid. Every time you come back, you do nothing but bitch. I'll hold off on the rest, as Master's been working his ass off to try to raise the pbase.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:59 pm

Well you weren't in the chat now were you? Since you know him by name you can talk to him or whatever yourself. He said that Angel called him a n00b, though I didn't see it myself, thats why he kept carrying on in the topic like he was a n00b.

There is no bitchiness, just saying it as it is. I didn't attack this forum at all so I'm not insulting Master's works at all. You can thinnk what you want on why I don't touch the rest and it's still not flaming. You tried to make it so by calling me a moron and whatever else but I didn't flame you or any of the vets, you're just very defensive about everything. You've just always taken things that i've said out of context and call it me being bitchy for it.

Now this is off topic. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:03 pm

Mediated and moved.

Meia, hope you don't take offense as to where I cut it.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:04 pm

Nope, tis all good. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:07 pm

Feel free to pull my last one out, too, if ya like.

It was, Meia, flaming. Full on, in effect, flaming. They were shots at each others' person and argument, intended in a more destructive than constructive manner. Flaming.

And do tell, how have I taken anything you've said out of context? I'd be delighted to hear.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:20 pm

You interpret things to be a bashing of the vets or some kind of insulting of vets. You say that the reason why I tell you, you're getting bent out of shape is because you're disagreeing with me, you say that everything that I say is being bitchy and trying to put this site down.

Those are your usual responses to me.

As for any future responses to this topic about vets and your problem with me, I won't respond. Yes, its whatever reason you think I'm doing it for; cowardice, being stupid, or weak.

I like arguing too...well debating really, but not on subjects that have no end and not when people are going to take everything I say sooo personal and usually the wrong way.

*shrug*

You can find someone else to argue with. I got other things to do.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:28 pm

Very well, then. It makes it easier for me, y'see: I can clarify all of that without having to worry about having to wade through more bullshit, later.

So yo ucan take this as for the benefit of anyone who happens to wander upon this topic.

First, I never said you insulted the Vets or spoke ill of GWing. You take MY speech out of context to draw that conclusion.

Second, I didn't say you were being bitchy, I said you were bitching. Every time you come back, yo ufind something to bitch about, and you bitch. Bitching and being bitchy are different. Again, you take MY text out of context.

Third, I haven't taken a thing you've said personally. Again, I state, as I've stated before, I love to argue. You throw shit at me, I take it as a challenge to overturn it (thought Angel/Akido is far more suited for it. In all honesty, this has been rather easy; I've barely had to pause to think in typing any of these posts up. Angel, he gives a hell of a fight) and try to do so, no more, no less.

So there you have it. I'll finish this little argument with the best King quote I've ever encountered.

"Twenty pounds of shit in a ten pound bag." ~ Frannie Goldsmith, The Stand: Stephen King.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.