Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Yazuko's Tower ~OSRP~ ~IC~ ~STILL RECRUITING~

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Yazuko's Tower ~OSRP~ ~IC~ ~STILL RECRUITING~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 am

Ryu layed in his bed, idly staring at the ceiling. He was humming himself a light tune, when suddenly, the reception of his TV went screwy. He cursed the device and walked over to it, adjusting the rabbit ears on top of the TV. He sighed when he failed to fix it, when suddenly, a zap of electricity blasted his TV, and it went black. He looked out his window from where the bolt came from, seeing a massive, black, spiky tower off in the distance. "What the hell?!" He shouted. He pulled on a robe, and walked outside, staring at the tower. "Looks like yet another battle . . . Yazuko."
((OOC: Here's the OOC Thread :3 Yazuko's Tower (OOC and Signup!) ~Original Story RP~))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Yazuko's Tower ~OSRP~ ~IC~ ~STILL RECRUITING~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Khiron Songsteel on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Across the street, a nearly-middle-aged man poked his head out of the second story window. White-grey hair fell down the windowsill belying his young age, and similar eyebrows twisted in a mask of disgust.
"Gah! And my show was on, too," the man grumbled loudly. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a familiar face staring at the cause of the disturbance from across the way.
"Hey, Ryu! I guess we don't get that three-week vacation, huh?"
Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live, and twice to die.
Once the heron, to set his path.
Twice the heron, to name him true.
Once the Dragon, for remembrance lost.
Twice the Dragon, for the price he must pay.
- Karaethon Cycle, Sixth Passage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Khiron Songsteel
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Awake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:04 pm

"Damnit. Again? I never get any sleep anymore..." Cole muttered to himself. A thunderclap, most likely from Yazuko, had awoken him from his nap. Again. He got up, gripping a metal crate by his makeshift bed for leverage. Figuring that sleep was now an idea just out of reach, Cole dragged himself to a mirror for damage control. Bloodshot aquamarine eyes stared back at him. Dark bags underneath showed that this wasn't the first time he's gone without sleep. Disheveled silver hair that hung low in his face, he was due for a haircut, soon. He ran his hand through it, revealing the Hawk's Wing on his face, and sighed. "A permanent reminder of it all," he thought, smirking humorlessly. The bandages that covered his neck and shoulders needed changing, and he needed a new black jacket, both were torn and bloody. He wandered over to his backpack, and cursed again. It was empty. "Today doesn't seem like my day..." Walking outside, he was so absorbed into finding what he needed, he almost missed the conversation that was going on above his head. Stopping mid-stride, Cole stared up. A question, though he didn't know what, seemed to be directed towards Ryu. He decided to wait for the answer.

In my dreams I have you next to me.

Signup pwease! :3

KonaFeint
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:36 am

Ryu growled softly, and looked up to Lune. "Looks like we don't, Lune." He looked back at the tower. "Looks like we've got to take care of Yazuko again." He looked back to Lune. "Let's go! Get your stuff ready, Lune!" He closed his eyes with a growl, thinking, Damn it all, Where's Al when you need her? He ran back into his apartment, grabbing his broadsword and sheath, sheathing the sword and strapping it to his back, and gathered up to Magnums, placing them in holsters and a shotgun, sliding it into another holster across his lower back. "No time to lose!" He shouted as he ran out of his apartment and toward the tower. God DAMN! What's he got up his sleeve this time?!

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Khiron Songsteel on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 am

"Aye," said the long-haired man. In one fluid motion he pulled his head back in and closed the window. He turned on his heels and crossed his room towards the fold-in door that led to his closet.

"And I was hoping I wouldn't have to use these again for a while. Cruel irony," he muttered to himself. Pushing the door back, he gathered up the equipment he would need. His garb consisted of well-worn traveller's boots, blood red leggings and a matching overcoat thrown over a stylish white dress shirt. On his hands went special white dueling gloves, and a red cloak completed the ensemble.

His clothing established, Lune belted his beloved rapier to his right hip and slipped his right hand near the top of his staff to make it appear a walking cane. On the way out, he deftly used his staff to pick his hat off of the coatrack by the door and plop it atop his head, having to use his other hand to turn it around so that the white feather plume aimed backward.After climbing down the stairs and filing out into the street, Lune noticed someone who looked like he knew his way around a fight.

"Sorry, sir," said the red garbed half-elf as he trotted by. "Monsters and such to destroy. It's rather fun, you should have at them, too!" With that he picked up his pace and made after Ryu.

Khiron Songsteel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rogal Dorn on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Vierno looked on from the rooftop eyeing the passers by with contempt, city dwellers, he hated all of them. He clutched his crossbow and smiled thinking of how many he could kill right now, it wouldn't be hard. Thunder struck in the distance and he looked at the tower. Yazuko he smiled, it made him laugh how pathetic the attempts to stop him were, he was still going strong.
"I'll watch this from a distance for now"
He flitted ahead, following the dragon demon and his sorry retinue, this will be fun.

Rogal Dorn
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:33 pm

OOC: The demon's presence in general will have a different font than normal.

"He's right, you know. You hardly let me have any fun..."

No. Not here, not now, not so soon after the last time...not ever, preferably. Cole immediately established his mental barriers and slipped, hopefully unnoticeably, back into his wreck of an apartment. Peeling walls, the original shade of paint, lavender, was hardly noticable because of the huge gray patches. Beige carpet, also missing patches, and an innumerable amount of scarlet-crimson bloodstains on it. Large gray backpack, half open, the insides strewn about in the same fashion as earlier. Creaky old Oak bed, sunbleached from cherry to pale brown, the familiar steel crate which held leftover battle armor and the like, and the black dresser with the mirror hanging from it. But the most overpowering feature of the room were the scratches. Huge scores of clawmarks covered the old oak bed, steel crate. They adorned the walls the most though, and were impossible to hide.
And the thing that created it was demanding to be freed. Cole's hands flew to his temples and he channeled all the energy he had into sending it away.

"You can't get rid of me, I'm forever here, and forever wanting to be freed...just give in. It won't hurt...you, at least." The hint of amusement and malice made memories flash before his eyes and made Cole shudder. He most certainly did not have time for this, he couldn't afford to let It out, there was no way... He defied it, struggling with every breath. Every thought seemed to be a fight to the death, and it was exhausting all the energy he had...Would It win this time? The Hawk's Wing burned like crazy, turning red against his pale skin.

Hours, days, weeks, years seemed to pass. The burning only became worse and worse. Unwanted memories made themselves known. One of a girl, only about 4 or 5...drowning in a pool of her own blood...Cole faltered, and an almost crippling pain shot from his heart to every cell in his body and his vision began to fade...

"I win, Cole. Maybe if you weren't so...human, you would've stood a chance. Now, I'll have my fun. And you'll suffer through every second.." It snatched the scythe from the steel crate, and exited. Follow the scent of the crowd. That's where the blood is... He darted after the quickly vanishing lifeforms in the distance. They seem...powerful. A challenge...

KonaFeint
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miss_red on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Alexanadra looked up at the stormy skies her eyes flashing with each thunderous clap.Smiling she jumped out of the tree she was hiding in.
"You guys best be getting home your mothers will be worried if your out here too much longer." she called to the small group of kids she'd been playing hide-and-seek with.All but one left knowing the reason she'd called their game short.
"Alex would you walk me home." Lexie asked,smiling she took the young girl's hand and took her home. Al then took her leave and entered her own apartment. Running into her room she grabbed a outfit she'd hoped she'd never have to wear again. Quickly and quietly she slipped into her black tight pants, blue stripped tank-top, black boots and her equally black trench coat. Sighing she grabbed her prepacked sidle side and made her way to the main street. As her pace increased the sound of her movements melted into the metal jungle.
It wasn't long until she stood at the side of the road forty paces from her friends, smiling she begin to let the music from her forgotten music player fill the air as the mission impossible theme came to play bellowing for all to hear.
YAOI(AS MADE BY TY):Your Amazing Out of this world Internet site.

miss_red
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Khiron Songsteel on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 am

Having his back turned, Lune didn't see the girl coming up behind them, but his highly tuned and slightly pointed ears did. To himself he hummed along with the tune, twirling his small staff at particularly long notes. Finally, with a swirl of his cloak, he turned and bowed politely.
"Why, Alexandra! It's good to see you again," said the half-elf cheerfully. "Though I can't say we're all together again under the most festive of circumstances," he pointed out as he turned his head towards the looming, not-so-distant tower.
"But it is good to see you still have a keen ear for music, I couldn't think of a better theme."

Khiron Songsteel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rogal Dorn on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:52 am

Vierno followed the human known as Alexandra, watching with interest. A kind, loving person who plays with children. He saw her take the one know as lexie home. When Lexie was greeted by her mother. He killed them both where they stood, a crossbow quarrel in each of their necks. Getting down he set to work on the childs body, he would let the heroes know they were being stalked. He would play a game, and he would win. He pulled his hood over his face so all you could see was his mouth and tied a noose around lexie's neck. He threw her in front of lune and ALex. The body was blackened and burnt with methodical cuts al over it in an almosty artistc way. On the forhead was Vierno's personal sign, a small dragon rapped around a sword, it was burnt into the flesh in such a detailed way that you could male out the individual scales on the dragons back. It had taken him years to perfect that picture and that was the first time he had made it perfect. He was pleased with himself. The body fell to the floor and everyone saw it. He crept away into the shadows and watched with cold amusement.
"Lets see how the great ones react", his voice was cold and methodic and every word dripped venom. He was a killer and a ruthless one at that.

Rogal Dorn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:38 am

Ryu whirled around to face back to the body of the girl. He growled, his eyes turning a more vibrant red. "Who's there?!" He shouted, taking a magnum in each hand. He readied himself, looking frantically one direction, then the next, then the next, but saw no one. "I said, WHO'S THERE?!" He shouted more angrily. He placed his fingers on the triggers, ready to blast anyone . . . or anyTHING that attacked. "I'm not playing around! I have no time to waste!"

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rogal Dorn on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 am

"poor little creatures, you know nothing do you!", he called from the shadows before darting to another hiding place.
"You are helpless!"
He really was having too much fun.
"Here I am"
He moved again silently
"or here"
"You are being watched"
He moved again
"Nowhere is safe"
He smiled, reached into his pocket and pulled out a thrower dagger he had purchased for this meeting. He threw it and it lander directly at Ryu's feet. He was a trained assassin, adept at these kind of things. He flitted agin to another position and waited for the reaction. Yazuko would be pleased.

Rogal Dorn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Khiron Songsteel on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:07 pm

At the sight of the desecrated body, Lune leapt back, pulling his rapier into his left hand and whirling in the directions the voice seemed to be coming from. He kept the words to his small arsenal of spells on his lips, softly whispering the words that would call forth fireballs or ice bolts should he need them.
"We need to fan out," said the half-elf, rapier and staff held at the ready while his grey eyes scanned the corners and alleys. It was getting darker the closer they came to the tower, and at their current position it seemed almost like a gross form of dusk, throwing more shadows than seemed natural.

Khiron Songsteel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:39 pm

The scent of blood was so much stronger now, fresh and evident in his trained nostrils. Too easy, the prey's already dead... Then he stopped. He sensed an array of lifeforms, at the most 100 or so feet away. The humans attracted him the most, and he knew if he didn't act soon, he'd lose his chance. An evil force somewhere in the shadows seemed to be taunting them, amusedly, its presence just out of reach. If I go out there, it'll be a deathtrap. They seem to be on high alert. Following whatever's hiding doesn't seem to good of a plan either... He frowned. Almost no fun to be had, it seems. What they're looking for though... that seems to be worth going through a bit of extra trouble. A wave of amusement came over him, and he decided to confront whatever had been the source of enjoyment out of whomever was lurking near. Casually strolling up until the body was just inches away, he grinned. An array of pointed, slightly reddish teeth came into view as he observed the corpse. "Amazing work, beautiful dragon mark on the forehead.." His interest peaked, and he looked up. "So. Any of you worth fighting?" Gripping his Scythe tightly, his scarlet eye flashed with anticipation.

KonaFeint
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucasArkem on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Ian had been sleeping in a nearby alleyway when he heard the confrontation, or rather sensed it. He toyed with the idea of merely ignoring it until he sensed powerful dark energies nearby.Damn, always when i'm sleeping!He thought to himself as he lifted himself slowly off the ground, putting on his signature plaster mask with the crying smile on the front. He dusted off his green leather jacket and grabbed his massive sword, jumping onto the rooftops to observe the scene until he was fit to join in. From a distance he could see all of the 'combatants' and quickly analyzed their what side they were on. It seems the three in the middle are friends, and probably the good guys. The other two seemed like the bad ones. The one who kept jumping around out of reach is especially trained. His sword spun quietly around his finger. Then he jumped down from the building and prepared to run into battle.
http://neenerstudios.devianart.com Go to my deviantart! Nows! Comment of mah picitures!

LucasArkem
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miss_red on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Alexandra ran from the male demon her foot steps light and well placed. From her hand a spark of silver would appear every few feet as she ran by her friends she gave them warning to cover their ears. As Alex finished her cycle an sinister smile laced her lips.
"Touch that corpse and you'll wish you hadn't" with a flick of her wrist a soft crisp ring filled the air with it's lovely song, anther flick and the lovely song turned into a high pitched deadly wail.
Taking the moment at hand she raced pass the unknown male and snatch up the little corpse, her eyes softened at the little girl.
"I'm so sorry Lexie" with her small message given as she lay the small body to the side of the battle field. She turned again ready to strike down anyone that had not made themselves a clear ally. Her eyes flashed a dark purple as she drew her twin blades. Bangles attached to them crying out at her swift movements.

miss_red
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucasArkem on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Ian gripped the tape that was wrapped around the hilt of his sword and ran into the fray. He held a defensive position since he did not know if the people whom he sensed were good really were, he also kept a keen eye on the man dodging around the group.

"Erk... Have no fear, Mr smiley is here!" He yelled, he hadn't talked in a while so his voice sounded more menacing then it should have.

LucasArkem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Dodging the attacks almost effortlessly, the Demon's smile began to fade. Deafening noise assaulted his ears and he froze in pain. The Hawk's Wing was burning again, Cole was defying his control, lashing out at him. Obviously, he didn't want this fight. Idiot. Don't defy me, I'll kill them all and make you watch. The only response was a violent onslaught of mental stabs, breaking his concentration and causing him to weaken, considerably. The demon's legs were shaking, its arms hanging down from the scythe's weight. It thought better than to fight Cole now, he seemed to have that unbreakable spirit, and he'd only damage It further. Rest was needed. Fighting was foolish.I'll be back, and you'll regret it. You know what'll kill me, and you don't have it. And unless you can make it to that damned tower, you'll never defeat me. Never. With an intentionally exhausting fight, the demon gave up control, regrettably. And to the human. It repulsed him greatly, that the weak creature had control over such a capable host body.

Cole, back in full control of his body, took a breath. His Hawk's Wing was red-hot on his face, and he collapsed onto the grass exhaustedly, landing on his back. The swirls of the dusk intermingled with one another and he lost himself in the rhythm, the gray and blue twining with the pink and orange...it was mesmerizing..Sounds were drowned out in the hum of his fading conciousness.

"If I die, I die. If not, don't kill me yet...." was all he could manage. A vague feeling hoped they'd care, or listen, or heard at all.

With that he shut his eyes. Rest was needed. To hell with everything else.

KonaFeint
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucasArkem on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:02 am

Ian stared at the demon boy who had hit the ground. "That's odd..." He said. The boy's energy had changed. Ian heard the deafening noise in his ears but strangely enough he was more interested in the boy's sudden change of heart, soul, and even physical appearance. He ignored the others and walked over to the boy. He then stabbed his sword into the ground behind the boy and propped him up on the huge broad side. Hm... Odd one aren't you?

LucasArkem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:40 am

"Hn..." was all that confirmed Cole's knowledge of anything going on in the concious world.
Lost in his clouded dreams, tormented by his malicious counterpart. It was all so slow...awakenness was far away, on the horizon. Gray-blue swirls floated about, becoming darker and darker...Patches of blurred memory floated by, snippets of time he'd lost. I'll be back, and you'll regret it. You know what'll kill me, and you don't have it. And unless you can make it to that damned tower, you'll never defeat me. Never. What if it's a myth...what if Yazuko doesn't have it.... Words passed through his head, what they'd told him... Don't worry. It can be tamed. Yazuko has it, the spell. You'll find it...
He twitched, and his eyes flickered open. Instantly alert, he looked around. "What...what the hell just happened?" he asked groggily, standing up. What was he leaning on, who was beside him, and why could he only remember seconds of what just passed? Damn...He'd get that spell, and kill the demon within. Even if he himself died in the process.

KonaFeint
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!