Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

[IC] Year 2372: The Cyborganics

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: [IC] Year 2372: The Cyborganics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smiley on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Xenophon was curious. He walked over to where the crowd was gathering, but then one of the people waved the crowd away. After a short hesitation, Xenophon walked away. He walked to an empty table and sat down, pulled out a tuning device, then began tuning his guitar. After it was tuned, he strummed it just to be sure it was correctly tuned. After making sure it was properly tuned, he started playing a tune. It was slow and relaxing.

He noticed a few people had started to either move closer to his table, stand nearby, or seat themselves at his table. He figured that was either because they knew who he was, or they liked his tune. After playing some of it, he began singing to it. People around him seemed to be in a trance from his music. After he finished, most of the people cheered or clapped. "I take requests." He said after the applause stopped.

(edited a little)
Last edited by Smiley on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Famous Last Words.

"I can do it..." "It's not poisonous..." "Let a PRO show you how it's done..." "No, no, let me get it..." "What could possibly go wrong?" "Well, at least it can't get any worse." "Of COURSE I can handle it!" "Just a little more..." "Just one more..." "How bad could it be?" "Yeah, yeah, I got it, I got it..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smiley
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morbin on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:08 pm

As Megan, Myra the odd eyed girl headed for the bar after their small confrontation, Grish got the distinct feeling his presence would only complicate matters, so he instead went back to his booth and took a seat. He was sporting a wry grin as he waved down a waitress and ordered another pint, for he found the whole situation he had caused quite humorous. At first when Myra ran into the strange girl Grish was moments away from barging in and putting an end to any fight, wounded shoulder or no. But before he could do anything the situation resolved itself and three of them left for the bar, without so much as glancing at him. Whatā€™s more the three seemed to almost be getting along, and they had garnered a fair deal of attention from other patrons.

The whole situation left Grish with a great deal to ponder over and analyze, a task made more difficult as he still had no idea what he was searching for. He was still pondering when the waitress returned with his drink, and he thanked her with a smile, and it was then that he noticed another bar patron, this one with a guitar no less. He made his way to a table and started to strum a few tunes, intrigued, Grish listened and watched, his enhanced senses availing him to the full wonder that is music. One thing he really enjoyed was watching the guitar strings as they vibrated, and using his enhanced sense to piece together what that vibrating string would sound like before the sound actually reached his ears.

After a time the man stopped and looked up, as a small crowd had gathered around him, a few of them clapping, he grinned, clearly happy with the attention, happy enough to take requests apparently. Grish instantly got to his feet and raised his pint, shouting out across the bar, ā€œIā€™ve got one for you! Greensleeves, itā€™s an old one, but timeless, and youā€™d be doing me a great service by playing it.ā€
"All I need in life is love and music... And insulin, but that takes away from the beautiful simplicity of the quote."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morbin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smiley on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Xenophon saw the man who stood. "Greensleeves, huh? Interesting." He said. He quickly checked that his guitar was properly tuned to play it. "Hmm...Let's see if I remember this..." he said quietly. He strummed a few random notes. He then stopped and started over, playing Greensleeves. After really getting into the song, he closed his eyes, relaxed. People seemed to be enjoying the music very much, and he was as well.

After playing the whole song, he stopped and opened his eyes back up, and people cheered and clapped. One of the girls handed him a flower. He accepted it politely. He got up and walked over to where man who suggested the song was sitting. He looked at the man, observing him. "Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked. "You seem familiar." Xenophon swore he had seen this man before, whether it was at one of his concerts, interviews, or even just off of the street, Xenophon thought he knew this man from somewhere.

Smiley
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zemyxaphile on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:15 pm

The noise of many excited, happy people filled the bar as the night went on. Luca smiled to himself, okay with not receiving any attention as the drinks made his head buzz. He had stopped buying any more with the fear of feeling nauseous. He looked at the fainted girl with a concerned eye, but knew he wouldn't be any help. If anything, he'd be a hindrance. Laughing at his ability to get in the way of people, he got up off the bar to wander around, remembering he heard music from somewhere. It had stopped a minute ago, but to Luca, it had only seemed like a few seconds and so he tromped around, trying to find the source. Eventually, he wound up at the bathroom. He suddenly felt thirsty and ran/drunkenly walked inside, heading to the sink.
It failed to come to mind that he could order water from the bartender, the bar area being swept from his memory.

He came out of the bathroom, thirst sated, and took a quick look around. He laughed a little louder than he wanted to at Skul, who had her hands up in defense before another girl who was hovering over the fainted one. A look to the other side of the bar revealed the source of the music he had heard earlier. His name skipped Luca's inebriated mind, but he knew he was a popular musician. Across from him was a man that he had seen earlier with the two girls that were now at the bar. He felt bad for the man for being left.

Luca wasn't lady company, but in curiosity and a want to converse with someone, he walked as best he could towards the two men. He ran a hand through his hair, trying to get a little bit of the buzz out of his head. It was nice when one was by himself like he had been, but he didn't want to weird out the others.
The freakbot laughed at the irony.
Don't lower your guard, or you may become subject to my personality.

Zemyxaphile
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Š˜anophяeak on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Megan nodded and started to hook her arms under Myra's, attempting to drag her safely off the table. Reconsidering almost immediately, she turned back to find Grish and located him, swaying softly to the guitar that had just started playing, drink in hand. Waving to him, she beckoned for him to come closer. Turning back to Skulblaka, she pointed at Grish. "Think you could help carry her up to our room with some help from that guy? Sorry about all this, Myra has a tendency to go a bit off the wall when she's angry. Drinking herself off her feet is one of her less healthy coping methods." She smiled with a mixture of amusement and concern, unconsciously reaching down to touch Myra's face.
(((Ģ“ĢµĢ¹Š˜ĢœĢĢ€Ķ‚Ģ…ɐĢ“ĢµĶĶĶĢ¹į·ˆnĢ“ĢµĢ“ĢµĢ¹Ģ¹į·ˆį·ˆoĶˆĢ¼ĢœĶŒĶ‹Ģį¹•Ģ“ĢµĢ¹į·„į·‡į·ˆhŅ‰ŃĶˆĢ¼ĘŽĢ·ĶšĢÆĢŗĢÉĢ¶ĢœĢŗĢ—Ģ‘Ņ‰k)))
(((kŅ‰ÉĢ¶ĢœĢŗĢ—Ģ‘ĘŽĢ·ĶšĢÆĢŗĢŃĶˆĢ¼hŅ‰ĶˆĢ¼ĢœĶŒĶ‹Ģį¹•Ģ“ĢµĢ“ĢµĢ“ĢµĢ¹Ģ¹Ģ¹į·„į·‡į·ˆį·ˆoĢ“ĢµĢ“ĢµĢ¹Ģ¹į·ˆį·ˆnĶ‚Ģ…ɐĢ“ĢµĢ“ĢµĶĶĶĢ¹Ģ¹į·ˆŠ˜Ģ“ĢµĢ¹)))

ć“ć®ćƒ—ćƒ­ć‚°ćƒ©ćƒ ćÆ态åæƒć‚’ęŒć£ć¦ć„ć‚‹ć€‚
I can smile.
I am human.

Š˜anophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:28 pm

ā€œDamn it, Rhoan, again!?ā€ Ellis spat at his own shoe, throwing his arms over the sides of the recliner he sat in. A pair of green eyes peeked out from in between the metal slats in the air duct above him, a gusty sigh sounding from overhead.
ā€œIā€™ll be a moment,ā€ The metallic echo of a lazy voice clanged around inside the vents, followed by much banging and scraping before the grate fell to the floor with a resounding crash and a woman slipped lithely out through the opening. She shook herself off, and puffs of brownish-grey dust flew in all directions.

ā€œMy dear. Have we not discussed, multiple times, the practicality of climbing in the air ducts?ā€ A bit of his British accent cascaded its way over his lips in his frustration at the woman.
ā€œNmmmm,ā€ She muttered, eyes traveling over his suit-clad body. ā€œYou were at work, today?ā€
ā€œYouā€™re not listening to me, Rhoan.ā€
ā€œBecause when I got home,ā€ She dropped herself in to his unsuspecting lap, and Ellisā€™s noise of surprise filled the silence before she started up again, ā€œyou werenā€™t here.ā€
ā€œWhatā€™s your point, deary?ā€ He exhaled, his glasses mounted precariously on the bridge of his noseā€”the tops of his eyes peering above them.
ā€œYouā€™ve been to see Mary Anne again,ā€ Rhoan accused him bluntly, crossing her arms and standing up.
ā€œThat was your point? I assure you thatā€”ā€œ
ā€œNo,ā€ she interrupted, determinedly ā€œno, it was not my point. I just noticed that youā€™ve got a brown hair trailing over your shoulder. And I wanted you talking to see if your breath smells like her toothpaste. Which, it does.ā€

Before the man could say a word, Rhoan had already passed through the kitchen and opened up the door to the hallway. If there had been some sort of law in the UNAE about cheating on your spouse, she would have taken it to court. She had loved Ellis, and he had promised her he would never again cheat on herā€”but there he was, with yet another woman, and lying to Rhoan about it.
ā€œIā€™m going to leave, now,ā€ she addressed the wall on the opposite side of the hallway, facing another apartment. Anything but looking at him. ā€œand I am not going to look back. I will go through the system database at the manufacturing company, and I will erase our papers. We were never together.ā€

She closed her eyes, and after two thirds of a minute finally opened them again. ā€œAnd if you cheat on another woman like youā€™ve done to me, I swear to Centurion that I will come back, find you, and murder you in the most gruesome way possible.ā€
She took her leave, down the steps with a smooth rhythm of 1 2 3, 1 2 3 until she came to the lobby. With a breath, a deep, long breath, she slid two of her fingers just inside the sleeve of her shirt at the shoulder. Her fingertips brushed against a button, which she pressed quickly. Doing this would send a signal to the nearest bots, if only a nudge in the back of their heads, that she had found something.

Ellis Wadley was a major power in EP, who had traveled back to UNAE with Rhoan after theyā€™d been married. The information sheā€™d gained from him would be a huge help, in many waysā€”him cheating on her had been both a bonus and a terrible experience. She would have eventually needed to deal with him somehow, but at the same time, sheā€™d never really grieved about anything before.

On a march outside of the apartment building, she went seven blocks to the left, then took a turn and just kept walking. She didnā€™t know how long it was until she reached a bench where, finally, she took a seat and let tears flow from her eyes. It was silent crying, but crying none the less, and it felt good. The beacon installed to her three years previously sent out a repeating, thumping signal. The word ā€˜Informationā€™ and her current location. Here, on the blue bench, she would wait. In front of some unknown hat shop, her hair draped over her shoulder and flowing down to the waistline of her simple grey t-shirt.
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Skulblaka nodded once. She grabbed Myra's arm and hoisted her onto her shoulders in a fireman's carry. "Show me which is the way?" She asked, gesturing her head towards the door. Even though Skulblaka was a thin girl, she was physically stronger than most average males, meaning that she could carry the "dead" weight of a body with ease. She tasted the air again, picking up as much information about her environment as she could before following behind Megan. On the way out, Skulblaka bumped shoulders with Grish and made a "Follow us" gesture with her head. Skul was strong, but she didn't know how far the room was and wanted a strong back to switch with if she couldn't hack it.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Š˜anophяeak on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Megan faintly started to protest when Skulblaka swung Myra onto her back, trailing off as she realized the woman was plenty capable of handling it. She thought for a fraction of a second before deciding. "Take her upstairs to our room. I think we've had enough fun in the bar for tonight." Looking back over her shoulder to smile warmly at Grish, she walked towards the stairs, outpacing Skulblaka before slowing down as she reached the steps, gripping the rail and slowly starting to move up them.

Looking back at about the third step, she paused for a moment to take a final look at the bar. Lots of crazy people, she thought. They'll do all right.

Š˜anophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Both Alice and Annie looked up as the man approached them, breaking off from their conversation with giggling interspersed (or perhaps it was giggling, with the odd word strewn in amongst the fits of laughter) between. Both girls were relatively sober, but as the two made each other laugh enough normally, even the tipsiness they were suffering now was more than enough to set them off.

"So, y'all are here with the convo too? Why must they bring such gorgeous girls into the midst of things like this as well..." the man spoke upon his approach, to the accompaniment of two pairs of eyebrows rising. The two girls exchanged a glance, before Annie decided to be the first to reply.

"Oh, you flatter us sir, we are but two moderately dowdy young women lost upon the breeze! Surely you don't mean us when you refer to 'gorgeous girls'? Certainly not, am I right Alice? We are no such things!" the socibot said, lifting a hand to her mouth to suppress a snort of laughter.

Alice folded her arms, "Dowdy? I'm not dowdy! You might be dowdy, but speak for yourself!" she exclaimed with mock offence, an amusing pout-like expression forming on her pretty features.

The blonde socibot seemed to find this uproariously entertaining, and threw her head back with laughter, a tear forming in her eye "That expression looks so bloody stupid!" she exclaimed after a moment, "Put it away! Put it away! You'll kill us all as a flight of crows come to make their nest on your lower lip, Alice dear!" she continued, before turning back to Randy, "Sorry about that darling, what were you saying?"

"I'm Randy, who might you two pretty ladies be?"

The two women seemed to pause in their grinning for a moment to exchange a glance, before both burst forth into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. "Randy! I was just talking about someone being randy, you know?" the socibot managed through her laughter.

Alice herself was fighting back tears of laughter, "We were.. talking about a randy dextrabot. And then you come along.. and your name is..!" she gasped in between giggles.

Seeming to remember herself for a moment, Annie sighed, recovering a modicum of self-control. "Oh but we're being rude! My name's Annie, and this is Alice-" she began.

"-and I'm not dowdy." Alice interjected, to another snicker from Annie.

"And she's not dowdy." she confirmed with a roll of her eyes.

Between the interruption of laughter and the tangents at which the two went off, it took a remarkably long time for this exchange to take place, and it had nothing to do with anything behind the wall. No, not that wall. The fourth one. You know which one I mean.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Randy couldn't help but laugh along with Alice and Annie. Their giggles were contagious it seemed! "Well I'm glad you're not dowdy. Dowdy woman are always the oddest," he says with a playful wink. "Would you ladies mind accompaniing me around the town? I think it'd be a good way to get to know the place and the both of you better." He smiles charmingly at Alice and Annie and finishes his drink. He's so enchanted with these two new women that he doesn't notice Ada turn to the Freakbot next to her.

"Hi," she says to the Freakbot. 'I'm Abbey. I'm here as part of the convoy. I'm guessing you are too?" She takes a sip of her martini and turns more on her stool towards him. "So what's your name?" she asks with a smile, tired of feeling so antisocial in the crowded bar. Crowded bar... "You know," she says, "don't answer that yet. First, let's get out of here why don't we?"
Jesus died for our Sins,
and American soldiers
Die for our Freedom.
Thank you for your service. We salute you proudly.

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:24 pm

A man sidled up to Rhoan, casual as any in a grey button-down suit and deep blue necktie. "Good evening, mi'lady."

The woman turned her head, locking eye contact with him. "That didn't take long. Since when has the service been so good?"

"Since the new homing beacons, dear," He sank down on to the seat beside her, a smile blooming on his face. Fake, of course, Rhoan could guess as much; but still, it was nice to see the glimmering white teeth of an executive.

"You're not a bot," She muttered, scanning him quickly and feeling shaken. "I have never come across a human executive. Am I allowed to tote you with me, now that I have the information? As a reward?"

The grin was not wiped from his face, but the creases beside his eyes smoothed out quickly. "I came for your information, and that is all. Once you've given it to me, I will return to the factory, type up a file, and be free of my debt. I thought I was lucky to get ahold of you, and now I feel cheated."

She reached over and patted him on the shoulder, not losing eye contact. "Don't worry, darling, you've plenty of life ahead of you."

"There's a congregation of bots up at the nearest bar. I'll take you there, but only if you'll give me what I need."

The man stood, and Rhoan followed suit, lacing her hand through the crook of his arm. "You've not told me your name, good sir."

"Aleron," He replied, dryly.

"Just Aleron?"

His response was a curt nod.

"I'm Rhoan."

He didn't bother to ask the same question she had, but marched her squarely down the street with a determined expression set on his face. As they came to the doors of the bar, she slipped a small piece of paper out of her bodice and in to the breast pocket in his suit jacket, the gesture so smooth it was likely to have gone completely unnoticed.

"Have a nice evening, Aleron Brijget," She beamed at him, wheeled around, and took her leave in to the bar.

"Seebots," Aleron mumbled, shaking his head.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morbin on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Grish closed his eyes and a content smile spread across his lips when the man started to play his song. He truly loved Greensleeves, it was such a classic, a timeless piece that would last for as long as there were people to hear it. For the duration of the song, Grish allowed himself to forget about everything, his mission, his injury, he simply closed his eyes and nursed his beer, letting the music take him where it may. Despite being in a state of relative calm, it is not possible for one to simply turn off their senses, and Grish was still fully aware of his surroundings, even with his eyes closed he could pinpoint the position of the bar patrons.

When the music finally stopped, and Grish opened his eyes to glance over at the soundbot, he found himself being stared at. That simple act of being looked at was enough of a clue for Grish to know exactly what was going to come out of the soundbots mouth. In this case the soundbot was searching through his own memory for any sign of Grish, this man thought he knew the seebot, and sure enough, the soundbot proved Grish right and asked if he had seen him before.

Grish of course had seen the man before, he was a quite well known soundbot and musician, a celebrity more or less, which instantly got him some demerit points in Grishā€™s mind. The seebot disliked such folk as a rule, they always acted so entitled, but this Xenophon seemed like an exception. In a quick overview, Grish was able to tell that the man was dealing with personal issues of self, he most likely came from a modest background, and in his case, an unknown one. As he lacked for any other forms of direction, the soundbot, left to his own devices, naturally turned to music and song, taking all of his problems, sorrows, misgivings, everything that he didnā€™t want to face or deal with he threw onto the bonfire that was his passion for music. Luckily for him, peopleā€™s love for good music is timeless, and being a soundbot he would have had no trouble making a good living from his art. Furthering his look into the manā€™s nature, Grish was able to see that the man loved his art more than he did the fame and status it brought him. It was this motivation for the act rather than the reward which would bring him to the bar on nights like this, to play a few tunes, take some requests, for no other reason than he felt like felt like it.

This extensive overview of the man was completed in an instant, and Grish took another sip of his pint as the man finished asking his question. ā€œYou probably remember me from a few of the gigs youā€™ve done around here, Iā€™m a soldier stationed here, and Iā€™ve had the pleasure of seeing you perform on more than one occasion.ā€ With that said, Grish turned to where Myra, Megan and Skulblaka where causing some kind of commotion. He figured he should help, seeing as it was his fault, sort of, and with a sigh he got to his feet, glancing back to Xenophon briefly, bowing his head and raising his pint in appreciation for the fulfilled song request before he made his way over to the three women.

ā€œOh she is going to have a fun morning isnā€™t she? And as much as Iā€™d like to help Megan Iā€™ve got a hole in my sh-...ā€ Grish blinked as Skulblaka hoisted up the limp Myra with surprising ease, ā€œThat solves tha- Oi!ā€ He was cut off mid sentence as he sidestepped away from Skulblaka, who had attempted to bump into his shoulder, his wounded shoulder in fact. ā€œCareful, eh? This sling isnā€™t as fun as it looks.ā€ The woman ignored him, and stalked off, Myra on her back.

Grish couldnā€™t help but grin at the sheer oddity of the situation, taking a sip of his pint as he watched Megan walk off after her wife and the one carrying her. At first Grish had planned on leaving it at that, as it was clear he wasnā€™t needed to help carry Myra, but after he reviewed recent events he couldnā€™t justify leaving them alone with the strange Skulblaka. Although Grish felt confident she didnā€™t mean any harm, she was far too unpredictable and chaotic for his liking, and before he knew it he was walking up the steps as well, following behind the trio. ā€œI wouldnā€™t be a proper gentleman if I didnā€™t see you to your room, and Iā€™m nothing if not a gentleman.ā€ He said to Megan as she glanced back at him, returning her smile with one of his own.

Morbin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zemyxaphile on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Luca stuttered upon the questions and statements thrown at him. "My name-- uh, oh. The bar-- yeah, sure, let's go." He ran a hand through his hair, sighing before Abbey took his hand and led him outside. The cool air of the night hit him, and the blonde let out a content breath. The flush in his cheeks lightened a little at the refreshing change. "My name is... Luca. Luca Iver." He mentally kicked himself at his name-repeating habit, and blamed it on his drunkenness. Outwardly, he tried to grin. He was starting to get tired, but wasn't going to show it now that he had what seemed like long-lasting company.

"I was also on the convoy. Stroke of bad luck." He looked at Abbey as she dragged him off to who knew where. If he were sober, he would have been hesitant to be dragged off somewhere, but he didn't really mind at the moment.

Zemyxaphile
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Š˜anophяeak on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Megan made her way up the stairs slowly and carefully, trying not to jostle herself as she stepped up onto the second floor of the bar and into the hallway of rooms the bar rented out. Glancing back down at Skul to make sure she was doing alright, she walked down the hall to her room and opened the door, leaving it open behind her as she walked inside. The bed was still perfectly made, and the wooden floorboards creaked pleasantly underfoot. Leaning against a wall, she said, loud enough for Skul to hear, "You can set her down on the bed, I'll take care of her from there."

Š˜anophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 am

Weighed down by the limp body of Myra, Skulblaka's strength, though considerable, was being sapped. She decided that she had to change her workout routine to accommodate real life. Skul muttered as much to Grish as she lugged Myra up the stairs. Finally, she made it to the room and placed the girl as softly as she could onto the bed. "Keoo k'sufo jemokeadw jfosauc..." she whispered. After gazing at Myra contemplatively, Skul's head whipped up and she looked at Megan. "You are sure that okay no one would mind this? I mean I if has a wife I did?" What a lying sack of shit the warden was. Telling her that she was the odd one out.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Š˜anophяeak on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Megan's eyes, similarly locked on Myra, reluctantly tore themselves away and slowly made their way over to Skulblaka, though the skin above her nose remained scrunched in concern. "No, not at all, I'd think. Me and Myra have never had any problems at least. And in any case, you can't... be afraid of people. Just do what feels right." Her eyes drifting back over to Myra, she looked at her for a long moment, then shivered. Addressing Skul, she said, "Thanks for the help, but I'm really tired. Too much excitement today, way too much. I'm gonna hit the hay." Flicking her eyes down Skul's body, tired from hefting Myra, she added, "Maybe you should too."

Š˜anophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zemyxaphile on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Luca shrugged to himself as he watched the girl walk away. He was standing in front of his temporary house's door, and shifted his gaze to glare at it before entering. This thing was going to be his home until the convoy decided to show up. The freakbot walked in and shut the door behind him, quickly glancing about the room to see how it was furnished. There was a bed in the far corner paralleled by a sparse kitchen with a small fridge, an oven, and a couple cabinets. There was a door off the end of the bed that Luca assumed led to the bathroom. A fairly small closet was next to the entertainment center, where a standard flat screen was standing.

Luca cringed as he had a thought, laying upon the bed to rest himself before actually making the effort to get ready for bed.

None of his stuff was with him.

With a groan, he pushed himself up off the bed again and tromped over to the closet, where he found several outfits. He sighed. It was better than nothing. The blonde then realized he hadn't had anything to eat, so sent over to the fridge and made a face when nothing was in it. He sat back down on his bed, now having made a complete circle of the apartment, and wondered if he should just deal with the hunger or head out again to find nourishment.

Zemyxaphile
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Skul nodded wearily to Megan and trudged out of the apartment. She left the bar, looking for a place to curl up till tomorrow. None of the alleyways looked appealing, and she didn't have any money to rent a hotel. "Jkifat Warden. A k'subo de medoo udt de veet." Speaking of food, her stomach growled. She opened her messenger bag and rummaged around a bit. All of a sudden, she squealed in delight. She whipped a small yellow card out of the bag and hugged it to her chest, sending silent thanks to the goddess of good fortune. She ran to the nearest restaurant and asked the cashier to find out how much was on the card. The man looked at her oddly, but swiped it and informed her that she had enough to eat here for about a year. She immediately ordered the biggest bowl of fruits and vegetables she could and chowed down. To top it off, she ordered a large glass of milk and nursed it for a few minutes. She became somber as she realized that she didn't have a plan or strategy to survive or thrive out here in the big city. She pulled out her datapad and made a new entry, titled "Survival in the City". First thing on the list was to find a job that would make her good money.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!