Do you use Tumblr?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: Do you use Tumblr?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 pm

I do but I do not know what its for

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspector-Storyhead on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi! I'm on Tumblr as namethatearthling, but I've also got an ask/rp blog for my Homestuck au, Herostuck (ask-herostuck.tumblr.com)
If there are any HS fans on here I'd love to get your url, maybe do a bit of rapid reblogging >:]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Inspector-Storyhead
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machines on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:56 am

starkandskinny wrote:
Alura--x--Uneii wrote:I'm not even sure how you can role-play on it...how does that work? O.o

As for roleplaying it's a pretty tedious and annoying format to use. Plus most the roleplayers on Tumblr aren't looking for much other than fluffy romance and pretty face-claims. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything.

Whoa, hold up. While what you say is not untrue, there are good and thoughtful RPers everywhere. And let me tell you, some of my tumblr RPs have been the most intense that I've had, including elements of post-modern literature, heavy referencing to other works, trippy self assessment, among other things. It's pretty rare, but there are people there who really do want a good plot.

The format though is indeed extremely annoying. RPing on tumblr is both a blessing and a curse. But I enjoy the concept: basically, you roleplay primarily in first person, assuming the character you are playing has chosen to have a blog (or a magical journal or whatever works for your character's setting) and you interact with people in first person until you decide that you want to do paragraphs. At that point, you treat it like any other forum RP, except with reblogs instead if forum posts. (This is directed at Alura by the way.)

In addition, people tend to reblog things pertaining to their character's interests, and there are side pages for keeping track of relationships and other notable information.

Unrelated, my tumblr is listed on my profile and uh. I'm nothing like this on tumblr. nervouslaugh.mp3
I spent a year roleplaying as thestridebackmachine@tumblr who is now being repurposed for a plot I probably will never continue.
Image Image Image

Machines
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorrorPunkOtaku on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 am

Here's mine. I hope you like horror, nerd culture, anarchism, and anime because there's a lot of it http://horrorpunkotaku.tumblr.com/

HorrorPunkOtaku
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:43 pm

I love tumblr! :)
megakooala12.tumblr.com

lizardheartstring
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallacywonderland on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Huh, I never realised RPing on Tumblr was a thing, not that it's surprising. Tumblr is so addicting, I've lost hours just reblogging cat pictures....
anyway, my tumblr name is fallacyinwonderland

fallacywonderland
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShortStacks98 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm

I have a tumblr, but the only reason I really use tumblr is to look up gifs for my RPs and such. Other than that it doesn't get used. xD
"Everyone is beautiful in their own way."

DessyHope<3

ShortStacks98
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solemnity on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:06 pm

I probably don't update it as much as I should, but I do love Tumblr quite a bit. I normally just lurk, though.

http://backpackpoetry.tumblr.com/
"Life is like a barrel full of junkies."

t-a-k-e-n-o-p-r-i-s-o-n-e-r-s

Solemnity
Member for 5 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:39 am

I wasn't super original with my name on there, so I'm http://xavirne.tumblr.com. You'll see that I post a lot of... Avengery things. Or cats. Or Final Fantasy. Or sexy men. Mmmmm, sexy men. ;)
Crushing roleplay hopes and dreams since 1989.
WARNING: Likely to "poof" like a ninja.
Yes, I'm a bitch. Get over it. B|

Xavirne
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tatertots on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm new here but I hope to make some friends and some cool stories.. in any case, here's my tumblr

arustysoul.tumblr.com

sorry for sounding seriously cheesy by the way. I'm just awful at writing greetings and such online..

Tatertots
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FewerWords on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:38 am

I will warn I'm a Sherlock and Doctor Who fanatic... And that's about all you'll see on this tumblr.
Http://www.the-Tordis.tumblr.com/

And also a K-pop fan. Which will show up here.
Http://www.the-Australian-Asian.tumblr.com/

FewerWords
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smoppet on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:32 am

I have a tumblr!
Here's the one for my art: http://smoppet-art.tumblr.com/
And this is just my personal one: http://smoppet.tumblr.com/

Smoppet
Member for 5 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueElk_LazyGeek on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:31 am

i do

BlueElk_LazyGeek
Member for 5 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Wed May 28, 2014 10:19 am

https://www.toxiccereus.tumblr.com

I post all sorts of fandom things, nothing super serious! Sherlock, Supernatural, things like that!

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miraculousjewxx on Thu May 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Hex naw i only used it once

Miraculousjewxx
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miraculousjewxx on Thu May 29, 2014 6:32 pm

No i dont believe in tumblr lol i use gmail and hotmail

Miraculousjewxx
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Thu May 29, 2014 6:32 pm

No, because I really don't have the time, and have never quite understood the site.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Member for 9 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alexwogilvie on Sat May 31, 2014 3:19 pm

I just need ten posts but hey why the hell not put ma tumbler up. http://alex-winter123.tumblr.com/ there you go!

alexwogilvie
Member for 5 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vvildee on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:55 pm

vvildee
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vvildee on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Alura--x--Uneii wrote:I'm not even sure how you can role-play on it...how does that work? O.o

I guess you have to find someone you know you can do a good role-play with. I did it with one of my friends, and we made a private tumblr, and it worked out pretty well. But its a lot of fuss for such a small thing.

vvildee
Member for 5 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!