Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

So, you want to RP?

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

So, you want to RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:31 pm

Well, I know there's a bunch of new people, a bunch more than when I can say that this place was booming, which was almost a year or so ago. Good times, alot of great RP was done, but it's kind of sizzled, sadly.

Only thing I can offer is towards the two Gundam universe RP's that are going on here. Both can probably make people a bit aprehensive from joining for the fact that one has about a years worth of RP history (that technically ends up spanning a 3 year time period) and one that has well established history from the series itself. However, these pretty simple hurdles can be overcomed if a person wants to.

I'll first start with the Universal Century RP, since well...I like UC Gundam more, that and I'm in the process of running it. For those that don't know UC Gundam is the timeline for the majority of Gundam series. The only series excluded from this time line are New Mobile Report Gundam W (known in the states as Gundam Wing) Mobile Fighter G Gundam, After War Gundam X, Gundam Seed and it's sequel series Gundam Seed: Destiny. The series Turn -A- Gundam tries to indicate that all of the Gundam series actually fall into the same universe, but it's best not to get caught up in all of that if your new to all of this. If you'd like to discuss it more, I'd love to, though.

The story is this, and this is it in a very basic way of telling it, there was this big war between the Earth (Earth Federal Forces) and the orbital space colonies (Duchy of Zeon). The colonies fought to gain their independence from the Earth, but did not succeed. The war has been over for a couple of years now and the Federation has been making sure there are nolonger any Zeon remnants, while also taking their mobile suit technology.

A team from the Federal Forces is sent to a remote colony to investigate a recently found manufacturing plant and also because there have been reports of some attacks in the area.

We really could use anybody, and you don't have to be a mobile suit pilot. Piloting positions though are limited on the Federation side, however. There's one left. The Zeon side will have many more positions for pilots, more than likely. You'd have to talk to that sides commander.

Crew members for either sides main ship are probably the most easy to fill.

For more information visit this page:
http://gwing.net/viewforum.php?f=109

Now lets say you were more of a fan of Gundam Wing from when it came out way back when, and that's the kind of environment you want to RP in. Well, here's one of the most important topics you could read.
[url]
http://gwing.net/viewtopic.php?t=510
[/url]
There will get you updated well enough to start participating somewhere in this RP. It's kinda slow right now, mostly because of lack of participation from members, but that should, hopefully, be changing soon.

Only thing else I can say is, don't be afraid to jump in somewhere. Everyone is new at somepoint, and we all started somewhere. You just got to pick where that point is.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me via PM, and I'll try and answer them.

Thanks and have fun RP-ing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.