Zaeru - beginner

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Zaeru - beginner

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Zaeru on Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 am

Hello,

I'm Zaeru and I'm 25. I'm new to the RPG world.
What brings me here? I started to play game boards last year and I've dived into a universe made of thinking, strategy, and above all fun and good laughs. Now that I cannot meet players physically anymore, I want to try a different way of playing.
Since I was a child, I like to imagine worlds on my own, and to conceive complex situations in my mind. Let's see if I can make something out there from what is in there.
I'm interested in contemporary horror-fantasy role play. I would also really love to join a poetic or oniric universe. I don't want to read extra-long rules and I need creativity freedom. Above all, what I seek is deep interactions between characters and meaningful stories.

I currently work as an animator in a nature center, with children. Next year, I'm going to join a training to be able to fully work on my own as an animator. I would like to use rpg and gameboards as a mean to encourage social skills developing for children. I'm also trying to conceive role play games that could have a role to raise awarness about disabilities and non-conforming individualities.

Thank you for reading!
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." Virginia Woolf

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Zaeru
Member for 0 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: Zaeru - beginner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu May 14, 2020 10:47 am

Huh. Oneiric. Of or relating to dreams. I learned a new word today, and for that I thank you.

Contemporary horror fantasy? Well, check out Ambrogio Tenebros's definitive guide to vampire mythology for some ideas. We're of the persuasion that if you can't find what you're looking for, you should make it yourself, and we have the tools to help you on your journey of creating and maintaining your very own universe!

Also seconded that roleplaying can be an effective tool in teaching social skills, not to mention offering a window into someone who lives differently from you and thereby teach empathy. You could play a guttersnipe who rarely if ever had two coins to rub together, a military veteran with memories as painful as his scars, a champion duelist who finds that it's lonely at the top, a survivor of traumas best left unsaid here, or just learning how to talk with other people in a safe space.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 12 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigurd Hring on Tue May 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello Zaeru, welcome to our world. I am Siggy, known as Sigurd Hring or Sigurd the Ringtaker here on the forums. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sigurd Hring
Member for 3 years
Promethean World Builder Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Conversationalist Greeter Tipworthy Author Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Property Buyer Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue May 19, 2020 10:49 pm

Hello and welcome to RPG!

First and foremost, RPG has a chat app that just launched. You can actually download it to your mobile device, so that's pretty cool! Pop in and say hello.

We have a few different ways to roleplay here! We have our persistent RP world The Multiverse. It has an expansive list of worlds to adventure in, and you can take any of your characters anywhere and delve into whatever plots are ongoing. This place has web of many Universes so that you don't feel you only have to go to one place or end your character's story.

Then we have our Universes, and these are our niche and individual Universes. What makes them different from the Multiverse is that they typically have a smaller cast of characters, require GM approval, and a storyline that is much smaller. You can find the newest ones at the top! Some are private or 1x1, so don't apply to those. However, there are plenty of open ones, and if you are not sure if someone is accepting - just send the GM a PM.

If you don't know where to start and you just kind of want to play around until you figure something out, you can find a list of Starter Locations here. Also, Ambassadors on the site are dedicated to helping new members navigate the Multiverse, among other things.

I also encourage you to stretch out your creative fingers and participate in Freaky Freewrite Friday, of which update every Friday, and then Weekly Sunday Prompts. I update both of these weekly, and one is a brain dump and another is character exploration.

Happy roleplaying!
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!