Zizek vs Peterson debate

a topic in Politics & Governance, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

National politics and the governance of the population.

Zizek vs Peterson debate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 pm

In my opinion, the debate between Slavoj Zizek and Jordan Peterson could have been better. Peterson utilized too many logical fallacies, especially strawmen. Zizek on the other hand was overthinking too much. Despite the flaws of both sides, I would says Zizek won because Peterson wasn't competent enough to defend capitalism as it isn't his forte. He is a psychologist and not an economist or very economically political person.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Zizek vs Peterson debate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 01, 2019 9:37 pm

I agree! Zizek seemed to recurse frequently into old ideas without exploring Peterson's points. Peterson didn't rise to the occasion, and instead danced around his points as if to respect Zizek's show of face...

Write your own story, hero!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!