Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Absolutely Normal University (IC)

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Absolutely Normal University (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:01 pm

OOC) Ok here's the IC for Absolutely Normal University. Had good responses to the Interest check and sign up. So here goes..

OOC sign up) absolutely-normal-university-ooc-sign-t30303.html

Interest Check) outrageous-characters-t30291.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Assembly Hall - Van Helsing University, The Void, present day. Dave Van Helsing is standing at the podium blabbing away about the University and welcoming the new students.

"And so.. welcome to Van Helsing University..." He babbled with a big stupid smile that seemed to take up his entire face and his entire being. "This University was founded four years ago with the express intention of helping those who do not fit into the real world.. be as normal as can be. Have you ever wanted to go to work in a smart business suit and live in a normal house on a normal street with a normal family? Who doesn't? Well now is your chance.. you see, so many of the supernatural beings of this universe end up homeless and helpless, killing to survive, fighting in wars they were never a part of just to earn a crust.. we understand this plight oh yes... *The lights dim and some slides are shown of obvious supernaturals doing normal things.. a werewolf is dressed as a postman and posting letters*
Two years ago this student Fang Hairball II, was a ruthless and vicious werewolf, and was not accepted in the world of humans at all.. now he's a successful postman living in the West Midlands.. he has a wife and a child.. *picture shows terrified woman with a small werewolf child and Fang hugging her too tightly* And here .. another of our success stories. Rupert Moldova... *picture shows an obvious vampyre working as a sales assistant at a car lot* He was a Vampire, with big teeth and only came out at night.. now he works in Jim's car lot.. as a salesman. *Picture shows his colleagues all terrified and him smiling showing his fangs.. the lights go up*

And those are only two of our success stories... I guarantee you that in this University you will be changed from the vile and vicious supernatural entity you are into a normal churchgoing human being.. or at least you'll pass for one... *Big stupid smile* Now.. does anyone have any questions?
Last edited by Lorna1 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Absolutely Normal University (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Aiden sat and listened to the headmaster drone on over the not so obvious success of the school. He tried his hardest not to laugh at the pictures that flashed on the screen. As entertaining as it was, it was enough to get him thinking. What if I can be accepted? he thought as he ran his hand through his hair and sighed. He wasn't sure how living in a school filled with the supernatural could help him become more natural. He glanced at what would be his classmates and it was a daunting sight. He wasn't sure if he should be scared or excited about them. He knew one thing with absolute certanty, he was in for one hell of an experience.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

urowen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faeylinn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Aemeral sat near the back, wearing a dark blue hoodie with her bare feet tucked underneath her. The man on the stage was talking excitedly, but she wasn't relly paying attention. She looked around absentmindedly, glad she'd sat where it would be hard for most of the students to see her watching. They'd have to be deliberately turned around and looking, and no one seemed to be doing that. Just in case she pulled up her hood to shield her face as she looked around, examining everyone around her.

Faeylinn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BiZTiZ on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Wane looked at the headmaster going on and on about how they helped these past two students of the University. He had to admit the idea of turning these creatures including himself into normal people was a far fetched one but he couldn't help but hope that it was possible. He looked around, there surely was a lot of them that wanted to be part of society doing everyday things but he had admit the headmaster seemed a bit strange.
“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”

BiZTiZ
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faeylinn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:29 pm

She saw a few of the other students looking around, seemingly as uninterested in the headmaster's little 'success' speech as she was. Aemeral dropped her eyes to her lap, pulling out her iPod and putting in her earbuds, making no effort to be subtle. She scrolled through her music before deciding on her favorite song and playing it softly so she could still hear the headmaster's voice. Then she resumed her examination, this time of the assembly hall, memorizing the walls and ceilings. There was nothing else to hold her attention at the moment.

Faeylinn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Aiden decided now was as best a time as ever to just look around. Maybe he could find someone like him, a fellow demon. His eyes scanned the tables and didn't seem like there was much as for outward appearance. he did, however, nootice someone in the back of the room hiding deeping in a pile of clothing. He tried to focus his eyes on the person to see if he could find who or what it was that was so afraid to shoe themselves. 'We are in a place of other unnormal things, what does he have to be afraid of?' He thought to himself.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faeylinn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 pm

The song ended and Aemeral looked down again, changing the music to Viva la Vida by Coldplay. Then she looked up again, and noticed someone looking at her. She looked back for about two seconds before averting her gaze, embarrassed. She thought, "Who is he? Why is he looking at me? Are my wings out or something?" No, she could feel them pressesd flat against her back underneath the hoodie. So what could he have been looking at? She glanced at him again from the corner of her eye, trying not to make it apparent she was looking at him.

Faeylinn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BiZTiZ on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Wane noticed everyone was ignoring the headmaster and just doing there own thing, some wandering around and others who either already fell asleep or was about to due to the boring speech. He thought about trying to make a few acquaintances but was anyone seemingly approachable? He wasn't afraid of going up to someone and striking up a conversation but these 'things' as he referred to them wasn't like him so he had no clue how they would react to a stranger.

BiZTiZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 pm

The rustleing of other perople moving around over the droning Headmaster shook Aiden from his curios stare. He mentally hit himself for staring, knowing it was rude and sure it wasn't a very good first impression. He turned around and tried to focus on what the headmaster was talking about but knew that if he listened much longer he would be soon sleeping on the table himself. He decided if anything he needed to get up and strech his leg so he could in fact move when it was time to go where ever they were to go next.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BiZTiZ on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:50 am

'When is this guy ever gonna stop talking, geez.' he cracked his neck and got up, walking to the podium he was now in front of the headmaster.
"I think everyone has understood the point of this place so can we please move on to something else, I'm sure you can clearly see everyone sleeping while your here rambling about the same thing over and over." Wane didn't mean to be rude but he was getting annoyed at how long his speech was.

BiZTiZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:37 am

The headmaster droned on and on and subsequently noticed that one or two of the students had got up to leave... "Well I hope that you have an eventful and interesting term here.. here at.. Van Helsing University.. I am Dave Van Helsing... *waves* And this is my wife Peggy.. we run the university together. Any questions or concerns you may have feel free to come to myself or Peggy.. and we will be able to sort everything out as best we can... *Silly smile.. turns to a simpering one as everyone gets up looking really bored.. and leaves*

"Don't forget the Ball tonight right here in the main hall.. I trust you all have dates.. for er.. this evening.. " His voice disappeared in the babble of students and nobody probably heard him.. He turned to Peggy who sat there looking very drunk but still beautiful as always.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Peggy was overwhelmed at the amount of students and very sexy Daemons who'd enrolled that year.. how could these been teenage Daemons? With bodies of steel? She raised an eyebrow at Aiden as he walked past... and tried to look demure... as was a natural reaction. Then she caught her husband glancing over and had to pretend to ignore him despite how gorgeous he was, and smiled back at her husband.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BiZTiZ on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 am

'Finally'' Wane said to himself as the headmaster was finished, he calmly walked out of the hall. 'Ball? He expects us to have dates when we only arrived here today.' still mumbling to himself and then looking around to see if he saw anyone worthy enough to attend the ball with him 'What am I doing? I don't need a date as a matter of fact I don't have to attend the ball'
Wane was the hardest on himself, always beating himself up before or after he did something.

BiZTiZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 am

Thistle was trembling in her chair. She could feel the emotions of everyone in the room, and it wasn't pleasant. Some were excited, others unworried, and some terrified, and she was feeling these things all at once. Boy was it hard being a vampire.
'At least my bloodlust seems to have subsided..' she thought absentmindedly. She looked around the room and noticed a few others doing the same. 'Well there looks to be some interesting people here,' she thought and then suddenly something cut through her trance.
'A BALL?! Oh no..' she could feel herself blushing and only noticed that everyone was leaving when she was the only one left sat in her seat. Thistle grabbed her bag and headed towards the music rooms. Playing the piano would help clear her mind.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faeylinn on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:59 pm

She waited for everyone else to leave the hall before getting up. She kept her eyes on the ground as she walked out after everyone else. 'Where to go now?..' There wasn't really anywhere she wanted to go, and certainly no one who wanted to associate with her. She started thinking of what she had that would be appropriate to wear to a ball. 'Maybe that green dress... Wait, why would I go to the ball? I don't have a date, and I don't have any friends to talk to there. Guess I'll just spend the night in my room...' She wasn't really paying attention to where she was going and changed the song on her iPod again, this time to The Heart of Everything by Within Temptation.

Faeylinn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Peggy sat there and shook her head. Her husband.. despite being the head of the university was never the sharpest tool in the box. "So you arrange a ball and don't give our new students any time to get dates?" She laughed at her husbands simpering face and went off to the mansion where the new students would be getting themselves settled in. Peggy always made sure everyone was alright and got the right rooms or whatever. And so, the main hallway of the mansion was crowded with students and she pushed and shoved her way through to the stairs. "Hello darlings..." She began "I trust everyone has their room numbers!" Now... Dave and I live on the ground floor just along at the end of the corridor, turn right twice and go down the stairs.. thats our little apartment. I normally teach Chemistry and biology, but the other teachers have been delayed by a time storm in the Delta quadrant of the universe and will not be arriving here till next Thursday.. some arrived last Tuesday but were swallowed up again. So for the time being Dave and I will be taking all classes. If anyone is a witch and knows doubling spell's we'd appreciate it just this once. Just let me know if there's anything you all need.. I'll leave you to explore the manison, get to know each other a bit and.. whatever. Watch out though I think there's a troll in the basement... we tried to get a normal mansion but that was impossible. *Peggy drank from her bottle of vodka and tottered through the crowd of students.. looking for the exit way to her apartment... even though she was quite drunk*

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Aiden left the great hall with a slight jump in his step. He had in fact heard about the ball and figured this would be a great time to see everybody in action. 'This would make for an amazing story.' He thought to himself as he looked up and down the halls. He did in fact have his room number, but didn't know if he was sharing a room, or if they were all separate. He decided now would be the best time to check it out. He looked through the dorm rooms and came to his number, opening the door slowly. Deciding to not close the door, in case someone was brave enough to talk to him. He found his bed and laid back. He concentrated on the shadow that covered his mattress and slipped in and out of it. Hoping to keep his skills and yet, not wanting to fully disappear.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 pm

After her session on the piano, Thistle felt alot better. Her mind was clear and she'd decided that she would go to the ball after all. She had a reasonably formal dress stashed somewhere in her suitcase, and it couldn't hurt for her to meet some new people... could it? As she rose from the beautiful instrument before her, she realised that she hadn't checked out her room yet. She rummaged around in her rucksack until she found the crumpled piece of paper with her number on. It read 13. With a sigh, Thistle shrugged her bag onto her shoulder and picked up her suitcase. She headed for the stairs and let her vampire senses guide her to the right room. She wondered if she would have to share, or whether she'd have her own.

As she approached the door, a wave of emotion took over her. She felt.. determined. Her eyes darted around the hallway, trying to find whoever it was who had such a strong emotion. There were a few students dotted around the place - it could be any one of them. Feeling a little shaky, Thistle opened the door to her room and stepped into her new home.
Last edited by SilentButterflies on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faeylinn on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:33 pm

She had been walking around for about five minutes when she stopped and yawned. she had been on her feet all day, and decided to reward herself. Besides her feet were getting tired from walking so much. She pulled off her hoodie and pushed her wings out through the two slits in the back of her t-shirt. She let them stretch for a bit, then brought herself a few inches off the ground to hover. She looked around, not seeing anyone around and flitted over to the mansion. She already knew where her room was so she went along the hallways at random, glancing into a few doorways that were open. She paused at one where a guy seemed to be fading in and out of the shadows, curious.

Faeylinn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BiZTiZ on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:52 pm

'Awww man I'm hungry' rubbing his rumbling stomach with one hand while he held a gym bag in the other as he passed people along the corridors. 'I wonder if we have to share rooms, that alone will be interesting'
Taking his time walking through the halls looking for his room his stomach rumbled louder, seeing a few students looking at him while he passed them; he didn't even bring anything to munch on. He decided when he got his stuff into his room he had to go search for the cafeteria because if he didn't get something soon he would have to eat someone in here and that wouldn't be pretty.

BiZTiZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:30 pm

A ball...alice though.She couldn't dance so no point in going....She stood and went to her room the number was 14.She was looking at everyone as she pass them nervous abit and she was holding her staff tightly her nuckles white.Then she entered her room not careing if she had a room mate or not also she left her door open.Then she unpacked and started to look threw some snacks she brought.She took a apple out and began to eat it.She guess she try some spells or something while she was here.She layed on her bed and took her old family book out it was ancient,like a foot thick and it was pretty big.She flipped a few pages then and started to read eatting her apple.

mummydove
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!