Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Assalam Alaykum!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Assalam Alaykum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:54 am

Assalam Alaykum!
(pronounced AH-sah-lahm ah-LAY-cuum)

This is Arabic; the translation of this formal Islamic greeting is, "Peace be upon you". It is also seen as "Salaam alaykum" and the latter part may be spelled as "aleikum".

Um anyways. I know many of you have probably seen me around here over the past month and a half, but I haven't actually introduced myself.

My name is Ylanne; I'm a crime writer, and a literate/advanced roleplayer (I'm female by the way). I almost always roleplay modern and realistic scenarios, usually without high-school elements. This is true with very few exceptions. Fantasy or science fiction or Anime and I just don't get along that well. Actually, not really at all. Sorry, those of you who roleplay those type things incessantly.

My interests lie in politics, philosophy, religions, and languages, as well as writing and roleplaying (duh).

I hope I am becoming a true part of Roleplay Gateway's community, and would not wish anything otherwise.

Those of you who know me, get out of here. :) Just kidding.

Those of you who don't, I hope you will get a chance to, because at least in my opinion, I think I'm a pretty nice person, willing to talk about a lot of stuff.

I enjoy political/religious debates, so long as we don't start shouting and making accusations at each other. I like promoting understanding and awareness--it's much better than war, believe me.

I'd like to roleplay with lots of people, although every single roleplay I've ever GMed has died, though some lasted longer than others. Most roleplays I've participated in have died, with the exception of one on ones. So I guess most of my roleplaying from here on out will be one on one, except those public/group roleplays I've already committed to. :) Don't freak out, those of you GMing roleplays I signed up for. You can PM me if you're interested in a private/one on one roleplay.

I also edit manuscripts/novels/short stories, and in a few months, will open up requests for editing/critiques. I critique fiction and non-fiction,and will do so thoroughly, honestly, and (what I hope is) nicely.

Well, obviously, this introduction post has come way too late, but maybe you can welcome me nevertheless! *shakes your hand* (to admins: don't hurt me *meep*)

Signed, sealed, and delivered,
Ylanne Sorrows

P.S. My name, "Ylanne", is a different spelling of the name "Elan" or "Ilan" which is a Hebrew word meaning 'tree'. It is pronounced "ee-LAHN".

P.P.S. My username "Treali Storm" is the name of a well-developed character from some of my novels whom I also use sometimes in roleplays. The character is on the FBI Ten Most Wanted List. :)
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Assalam Alaykum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 am

Cool. Welcome. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Assalam Alaykum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Treali, what happened to our one on one?

I asked before in mail and on another forum but you nver answered :(
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!