Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Born of the Sky

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Born of the Sky

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BriBriBearx on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 pm

This story belongs to shatari19 and I. It is an original piece and something I would like to write a novel of personally, but I want to see if it works as a RP first. So please don't take any ideas without talking to me about it first. That being said, I don't know about my partner but I am totally fine with lurkers. Just talk to me sometimes! :)

~Born of the Sky~

The long grasses were whispering in the light wind. Elsie was wearing her hip-to-ankle leather chaps, jeans, boots, and a large, stained white tee shirt. The bay quarter horse beside her was still huffing from their run while she was washing him off at the wash rack. He was such a loving horse; she didn't even need to tie him up to the post in order for him to stay put. He was getting a little lazier these days from his age, but he still had the heart of a lion. He was a gift to her on her eighth birthday, and she was now sixteen years old.

It was how she spent most Sunday evenings, riding the trails with Dexter. There was a lot of grassland hills back beyond her family's land that she rode down to and ran him. Her mother was inside, likely making dinner. She wondered if she'd invited the neighbors over across the street again.
She scrubbed Dexter until his hair was silky and clean. The water was still dripping from his round belly. The click-clack of his hooves followed behind her without any use of a lead until they reached his stall. "Don't you be stubborn tonight, it's your bedtime," she said, her voice bright and colored with a little southern accent. The door slid open along the rails as she opened it, but the metal-on-metal sound was replaced with that of a rattlesnake's tail end. Dexter's ears flipped up and forward, and he stepped forward to poke his big head into the stall.
"Dexter, no!" Elsie threw her arm out against his chest. The sudden movement scared him and he backed out of the stall. Once he was out of the way, she went to retrieve the shovel left on the side of the stall. When she returned, she found the snake coiled in the back corner of the stall. She stepped in slowly and carefully. The snake rattled its tail, a rhythm of music, the last song some people have ever heard. She had lifted the shovel above her head and was aiming for the head of the snake. She heard boots stomping down the dirt road that led to the single stall, and then: "Elsie!"
"Shit," she muttered, quite low enough that her father wouldn't hear.
"Gimme that shovel," he took it from her and cut off the snake's head with no effort at all. "If it got scales, means you don't touch it."
"Sorry. I had to kill it to put away Dexter."
"Next time, get me. Your mother made dinner and the neighbors are on their way over so go inside and clean yourself up." He walked away.
"Yes, sir."

Elsie hurried to put Dexter away after carrying out the corpse of the rattlesnake on a long stick. She went inside and took off her chaps before washing her hands up to her elbows--she found that dirt liked to hide on the sides of her forearms when she wasn't paying attention and then her Momma would scold her. Her long blonde hair occasionally fell into the water running from the tap before she had the chance to brush it back. She heard the voices of the neighbors drift through the entryway of her home and a slight blush colored her round cheeks. He was here. Here, in her house. She straightened up the new long-sleeved red blouse she'd changed into before making her way down the spruce spiral staircase.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BriBriBearx
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Born of the Sky

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shatari19 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Micah had been forced to spend his day working around his parents' home. Being on the the farm usually meant that he had very little time to do much other than helping his parents. There was a time when he'd not really minded. As of late, however, Micah found himself wanting more out of life. He was already nineteen and he was still living at home. He wanted to be more than a farmer. His parents couldn't afford to send him away and for that, Micah could not hold them at fault. It really wasn't that bad, when he thought about it. He had a home, a family that loved him, they even had a couple of horses that he would ride every now and then. Then, there was Elsie. Any time he spent time with her, he could not imagine actually leaving. He would miss seeing her nearly every day.

He sat down on the ground, his breathing slightly labored. The fence that circled in the small field that held their horses had needed painting, and so he'd spent the past few hours working on it. His mother wanted it done a certain way and Micah had done so. At last, he was finished. He took a few moments to catch his breath. Their two horses were nearby, happily munching on the soft grass.

Micah smiled at the sight of them. Their first horse was a rather large shire that was black white pinto in color. The second was Micah's choice any time he would go out riding with Elsie. He was a Friesian horse, black in color. Though this horse was bigger than the 'normal' breeds, he was smaller than the Shire.

After having sat on the ground for a long time, he heard his mother calling for him. "Micah! It's time to come in!." she yelled, standing on the porch of their home. He quickly got up off of the ground and exited the field and quickly jogged to the house. When he reached the porch, his mother looked him over. "Micah, we've heading over to the neighbors home for dinner. Please, go inside and clean up. We need to be there soon."

He nodded before quickly heading into the home. He went into his room to gather the things he needed before heading to the bathroom. He jumped into the bath, washing as quickly as he could. When he was finished, He got out and dried himself off. He dressed himself in his usual attire that he wore whenever he wasn't working out in the field, however this way a newer set. Dress pants, dress shoes, a white button up shirt, and a black vest all tied together with a red tie. He then looked at himself in the mirror. His pale amber eyes stared back at him. His short black hair was a mess. The upper portion was longer than the rest and so he quickly slicked it back out of his face. He was ready.

Micah made his way through the house to join his family. Together, they headed over to their neighbors' home. Once they'd arrived, Micah's father knocked on the door. It wasn't more than a few short moments before the door opened. They entered the lovely home but remained in the entryway for a few moments. Elsie's father was speaking with Micah's parents. He wasn't really paying attention. He wondered where Elsie was. He did not see her. Suddenly, his eyes fell onto her form as she came down the staircase.

He tried to act as if he was not so happy to see her. That it mattered little to him that he was seeing her. However, he knew that she would see through it immediately. His mother greeted the young woman before she turned her attention back to the current conversation. Micah took a few steps away from his parents, greeting his friend. "Hello, Elsie. How've you been?" He'd not been able to spend much time with her over the past week and he felt terrible about it. Surely, though, she'd seen how busy he'd been. He finally smiled at her. He fell silent, unsure of what else to say. He always got that way around her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shatari19
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BriBriBearx on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 am

OOC: Micah is my favorite boy's name. It's what I'd like to name my son if I ever have one haha. :) Sorry my posts have been a little short. I'm just getting back to fiction writing after a bit of a hiatus and I'm getting into the swing of things again.

Walking down the staircase, Elsie first noticed Micah's parents. When she couldn't see Micah, she bit her lip and tried to discreetly crane her neck. She said hello to his mother and then her bright blue eyes finally found him. Her smile lit up her face and she hugged him.
"Hey," she said. She let her smile fade as she was subconscious of looking too excited to see her best friend. He was all she really had out here. You don't have a lot of company on dead end streets. Granted, she still goes to the closest high school, which is a good thirty minutes away. Seeing your only real friend was always a reason to be happy. "I've had a good day. I took Dexter out to that one mud-hole."

It fell quiet for a moment as the small talk went on between their parents. The atmosphere became awkward. This wasn't really their scene. Riding horses, doing work around the house or farm, finding a new trail to explore; that was what they enjoyed doing together. Elsie was never one to sit still and become enthralled in dinner conversation. "So, how have you been? I feel like I never see you anymore," she blurted out. She avoided eye contact, thinking now that he might find her too invading. Even after all these years, she's always worrying about what he's going to do next or how he's going to react to her. Something about the contrast of his hair and eyes always struck her as intimidating.

Her parents, Caroline and Johnny, began placing plates and cooking pans of food onto the table, where everyone could reach in at any time. There was nearly an entire half of a pig cut up into slices for the families to eat, along with sides of mashed potatoes, green beans, fresh bread, baked beans, and apple pie. The smell of the pie was overwhelming and Elsie's stomach growled.

"Everyone help yourselves," Caroline said with a bright smile. It wasn't long before everyone was digging into their food and the family had separated into familiar conversation. Micah and Elsie were left to themselves and the others separated by gender. Johnny suddenly looked up from his plate into Micah's father's eyes.
"The weirdest thing happened to me the other day. You'll never believe it." He scooped some more food into his mouth before leaning back into his chair to continue his story. "I was out collecting the eggs from the hen coop, just like any Wednesday. I went to pick the first one up and look down to find that this egg is diagonally balancing itself. Just like this," he picked up the salt shaker and tilted it about thirty degrees.
"It didn't fall over or nothing. I check all of them and sure enough, they're all facing North-West and I've got no blasted idea why." Johnny went back to shoveling food into his mouth.

BriBriBearx
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shatari19 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:31 am

OOC:: LOL That's so awesome! I spent forever trying to decide on a name and then I picked your fave! What are the chances?! :D And that's fine! I'm happy as long as I've got something to work with!

Elsie hugged Micah and he gladly returned it. He proceeded to ask her about her day, in which she replied. Micah happily listened to his friend, glad that she'd had a good day. He was unsure of what else to say to her and so fell quiet. The only sound was of their parents still speaking together. He'd been about to speak when Elsie did. He smiled brightly at her comment. "You know how Pa gets when he wants something done around the farm. I just got done today with everything."

As they stood talking with one another, Elsie's parents began setting the table. When they were ready to eat, everyone headed to the table and sat. Wyatt and Nora, Micah's parents, sat and then Micah. As was usual, he and Elsie were sitting across from each other. Soon enough, Caroline had told everyone to dig in. Dig in they did. As the adults were talking with one another, Micah was completely focused upon Elsie. He hated that it had been so long since they'd seen each other. He didn't want her thinking that he'd been merely avoiding her.

He smiled at her as they ate, and once he was finished with his current bit..spoke. "So, I was thinking..maybe you'd want to go riding with me tomorrow? I wouldn't be able to go until around lunchtime so we can take something to eat as well." He fell silent, waiting for her reply. He could hear Elsie's father speaking to his father. As he listened, he thought the tale that was being told was quite odd. He'd never seen such a thing and could not imagine it being a real event. However, Johnny seemed confident in his tale. Perhaps it had happened. Micah was rather curious about the whole thing. What would cause the eggs to act in such a way?

Wyatt spoke to Johnny, "That is quite strange. I can't say that I've ever seen such a thing happen before. Wonder what would cause such a thing?" The man fell silent, trying to think of why the eggs could have possibly be turned.

Micah turned his attention back to Elsie, still smiling at her. He was not sure why she stayed around him. She was so much better than he. There was no doubt in his mind that she would eventually find someone her age. He would sweep her off her feet and give her such a wonderful life. Something Micah felt that he would never be able to do.

shatari19
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!