Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Diesel X

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Diesel X

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:04 pm

So guess who's got an idea? Well, I do.

Here's the basic setting and plot.

--

It is the year 2645. The world of the future is a veritable jungle, teeming with new and ferocious forms of life. Many creatures of the Earth have undergone rapid and forced evolution, ever since the asteroid Dalkaron collided with the Earth in the year 1958. This caused worldwide cataclysm, destroying much of society and driving the entire human race to near extinction. At the end of the 20th century, all that was left of humanity's greatest accomplishments was gone like dust in the wind...

In these new harsh times, those who have survived have long forgotten of the lives of what they refer as Archeo-Humans. Every day is another chance of possible death, with future humans having to survive in the new jungles of a strangely primeval Earth. Long after the Dalkaron Collision, creatures similar to dinosaurs began to appear in the biosphere, and other prehistoric throwbacks were also beginning to emerge. The entire western hemisphere(where the asteroid collided) has become a new gigantic ocean called the Titan Sea, where massive undersea predators lurk.

Humans, having lost most of their technology, have reverted to using a new type of gas-powered firearm as their main weapons. These firearms, called Diesel rifles, are one of the only things keeping humans from being consumed by the many predators that lurk in the jungles. Diesel rifles, while crude, are powerful firearms capable of unleashing hails of burning destruction on their targets. The fuel they run on is a a new source of energy for these human beings, one they have dubbed "Diesel X". Diesel X is extremely abundant underneath the surface of this primeval Earth, and it is quite efficient compared to more archaic fuels.

With the world now having become infested with predator-filled jungles, rebuilding society has become a trial for all surviving humans, forcing them to remain as nomads. Rick is one of these many nomads. He is a young and brash teenage boy, part of the Gen tribe, which are one of the many tribes across the world. While out hunting for game, he accidentally falls into a deep pit. Underground, he discovers an ancient(and it definitely WASN'T built by humankind) temple that is seemingly made of rustic metal, and upon venturing deeper, he discovers a powerful and prehistoric robotic device, which is known as one of the many Diesel Walkers. These robots run on Diesel X, and are relatively mysterious and unknown to the humans of this world. They are incredibly strong, capable of taking on many of the massive predators that lurk the primeval jungles. The specific Diesel Walker Rick comes upon he names Diesel Pharaoh, for it's resemblance to old Egyptian hieroglyphs he had once seen in his youth. With this new device in his possession, Rick decides the time has come for his tribe to finally make themselves a place they can call home. As Rick begins to lead his tribe in building one of the first occupied settlements in centuries, he is unaware that across the world, many more Diesel Walkers lie buried in ancient temples underneath the earth, waiting to be discovered...

--

So if anyone is interested, your role as a character would be one of the many survivors in this harsh new Earth. As a note, every Diesel Walker is practically unique, so Rick's is only one of many. I kind of would prefer teenage characters in this, since Rick is going to be one. Nevertheless, just about any character is allowed, and if anyone is interested in this idea, I will be happy to include you. :)
This is my song, and nothing can make it die. It's been so long, and it's stronger, I know why. And I wonder, if you really, really know? That as long as I live I will sing my song for you... ~ Labi Siffre

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Diesel X

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fictionata on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 pm

I am interested definitely. Do you have a specific character sheet you want posted?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fictionata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Actually, I wouldn't mind if you just used the basic character sheet that the site uses. You know, like the basic description, personality, equipment, and history. There's a actually a gigantic amount of work that I have to do for this, because now that I think about it, there's A LOT of background information.

But yeah, just do that basic stuff when it comes to characters. The only things I don't want are powers or random warriors from another realm or stuff like that. It's post-apocalyptic humans who come across fighting robots. No powers at all, actually(until I say so, if ever).

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fictionata on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Okay, sounds good. I'll do just that.
Last edited by fictionata on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fictionata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Don't worry about it. :)

I'm not one to get so high-strung about characters being all orderly and everything. I think I'll get on posting the main sign-up topic. That way, we can get all organized and everything. :)

So far, I like what you have though.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!