Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Down in the Earth IC

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Down in the Earth IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:37 pm

The sounds of ringing hammers fill the mineshafts of Twilight Peak, over a score and a half of men labored beneath the surface, a mix of ethnic groups from across the world. Down in the deepest shaft, following a large split off the main silver vain, a German and a Chinamen work drilling a blasthole. The large German swung a ten-pound hammer, as the Chinaman turned the drill.

After a few strikes with the hammer, the pair could hear a strange echo. The hammer was lifted again and struck the iron drill hard, sending the drill clear through the shaft wall, leaving the Chinaman holding only air. The two miners looked at each other confused and then both turned to look at the hole.

“Go get the others Chink” said Hans, staring at the dark hole. The Chinaman nodded and hurried up the mining shaft. He had given up on trying to correct the other miners on his name, not that his attempts at speaking English really worked, with so many other languages being spoken in just that one mine. As Jin raced away, Hans lifted the hammer and began to smash the wall around the hole. Slowly the wall fell away.

“Fritz” echoed down the shaft, as Derrick, the mine boss and owner came walking down, “Why’d you send the Coolie to get me and the boys?” More footsteps rang out from behind him as miners and one dog shuffled down behind their boss.

“We found something” called Hans, stepping aside from the man sized hole in the wall.

“What is it” demanded Derrick, stopping and looking at the hole.

“Not sure boss” said Hans, “But it leads deep.”

“Well lets see” said Derrick, after staring at the hole for a while. Grabbing oil lanterns, thirty-two miners and one dog entered into these strange tunnels, only to have their screams leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Conoy Byrne returned to the camp outside the Twilight Peak Mine. . After unloading the mules of their supply packs, he began to wonder about the lack of his fellows, As the sounds of mining men at work did not echoed from the mine and there wasn’t a soul in the camp, even the big Italian Mastiff was missing. After a search of the surrounding woods and the mine, all that the last miner could find was the opening to the tunnels and a spot in the sand of the tunnel where it looked like something was dragged.

Concerned for his fellows, Coroy Byrne, returned to Silverton and quickly place an ad in the local paper for miners and others to come help him find his missing friends and coworkers. The ad stated that anyone willing and able was to meet him at the Red Door saloon at noon the next day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conoy sat at a table in the middle of the Red Door saloon, waiting. It had been one day since his ad and at least two since his fellow miners went missing. The whiskey bottle sitting on the middle of the table was a quarter of the way empty and his glass only had a few drops left on the rim.

The glass chunked as Conoy poured himself another drink, the town’s large clock had yet to start ringing noon song, but he was still a little nervous. Some sixth sense told him that going alone down those tunnels beneath the mine was a very bad idea, even after he had grabbed his carbine and revolver, that sense wouldn’t let him travel down.

(looking to know more or join up? Please post a character in hte OOC page first down-the-earth-ooc-t8903.html )
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Down in the Earth IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Taking the final swig out of her remaining canteen, Ginny swirled the stale water around her dry mouth before leaning back, leaning forward, and spitting it out in a spray of musty mouth juice in an effort to give herself a bit of relief. The ride had been blistering and she was beginning to feel saddle sores on top of her saddle sores. But the ad she had stumbled across, though not for a rough and tumble chase like she usually preferred, had promised a worthy sum for the trip. So she had packed up and moved out, and now she was clomping into Silverton on a tired horse and a much more tired rear.

Once she had found the appropriate saloon, she eased herself off of the horse and stretched herself out with a groan. The sight of her curves being defined by the stretching out of her clothing caused several pairs of eyes to shift direction, but the sight of her guns and knives dangling caused them to shift right back away. And as the red headed woman tromped up the steps and shoved aside the door, her boots shedding dust with each step, none of the men present seemed interested in challenging her sense of direction.

After her eyes had adjusted, Ita shrugged her shoulders once more and looked around the bar for someone that looked as though they were awaiting a group. Then she saw him. Ginny chuckled, shaking her head and tipping her hat back to hang over her shoulders as she swaggered forward. Lounging into a seat across the table from the miner, Ita winked at him and waved for a drink.

"Hey there, Coroy ole buddy. How you been holdin' up?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:16 pm

As Conoy was pouring his next drink, he watched a familiar woman walk into the saloon, now he really needed that drink. He remembered her from a few years ago (slightly hazy though), in Denver, when he had gotten a good bit of luck digging around for gold. After spending a few days in a saloon, slowly drinking his gold away, then Ita McGinness walked in and sat at his table. he couldn't remember just what was said between them but he remembered buying more drinks over the next twos days and a very fast courtship between them. On the second night (or was it the third?), he finally got her to come to his room and then nothing until the next morning, waking up with a large hangover and sober for once. There had been a note on the bed next to him and it read: Thanks for all the drinks and last night in particular but a job has come up There had been a kiss on the paper at the bottom and after Conoy went to go get another drink, he found most of his money missing, which he hadn't spent on booze the two days before, that much he remembered.

And now she was here. Conoy tossed back the glass of whiskey, as she sat down across from him. "I was doin' alright" he said softly, "Up until three days ago. The whole damn camp just went missing."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:42 pm

Ginny nodded, tossing back her own drink the second it reached her glove covered hand. She made no mention of the past, brief romance between the two of them...it was in the past and she either didn't remember it, thought he wouldn't remember it, or didn't find it worth repeating verbally. The past was meant to be kept there, in Ita's opinion.

"So ya sure it was three days ago? Ya weren't there when they up an' hiked off? They mighta been gone longer, if'n ya weren't there when they left. You got any idea where they went to?" As she waved for another drink, she shot him a bright green eyed wink. "Nice cheek rubbin's, by the way."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Conoy's face scrunched a bit, trying to figure out just what she meant by that last comment. Did she know just what the pair of them had done all those nights ago? Giving up, he poured another drink from the bottle of whiskey, getting near a third gone. "I'll never understand that woman" he thought, drinking down half his glass. She had been on his mind for weeks after that fateful week and only a year ago, he had finally gotten over the vixen.

"Thirty-two men and a dog just heading off for a hike?" asked Conoy, "No, not those men and not without supplies. Everything was left in our camp; food, clothing and weapons. And no I'm not sure it was only three days, I was gone for four before returning and finding everyone gone, then two days back here and one night of waiting, thats a week at least. I did find a tunnel in the mine, not something we carved out, the entrance was rough like the rest of the shaft but the tunnel was smooth."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:30 pm

"Hn...an' ya didn't try an' go down it, didja? Naw, that's good. Ya'd probly end up wherever they did. So whatcher plan, Mmh? Gonna mosy on down there an' see what's goin' on that kept yer hombres busy?" Ginny, leaned back slightly, her bright eyes roving quickly over the familiar face. She had found the miner quite attractive...very attractive indeed. One of the most appealing men she had come across in a good long while, in fact. And his conversation had been just slightly more interesting than his willingness to buy her drinks...and Ginny did love her drinks. But this had been over a year ago, and there was business at hand.

"So how many folk you hopin' ta git o'er here ta seek out yer lost buckos?" Reaching around behind herself, Ginny grabbed her hat and began fanning it.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:35 pm

William stood behind the counter of the General Store, leaning on the smoothly polished wood. One thing about his father, he liked to keep things spotless. But Will didn't care. He was incredibly bored, and with a sigh, he picked up the newspaper and slowly scanned the print. Hrm, nothing interesting going on...wait. He stood up straight, reading a particular article with newfound interest.

Miner's missing? A search party? Red Door saloon...and it's today! He slapped his paper down on the counter. This was it. The adventure he had been waiting for. He turned to head for the door, then hesitated. What would his father say? He already knew the answer to that: Underground? Are you nuts? No son 'o' mines gonna follow some fool miner underground!

Will shook his head angrily. It wasn't right. Besides, he was old enough to make his own choices now, no matter WHAT his father might say. He just wouldn't tell him. Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right? He paused momentarily to retrieve his father's Sharp Carbine and Colt revolver (and a couple boxes of ammo) trying not to think about what his father would have to say about THAT. He'd worry about that later. For now, there was excitement to be had!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

He entered the saloon, carrying the guns self consciously, and looked around, trying to decide which of the men was the miner. "Mister Conoy?" he called, glancing around the smoky room.

Surreal
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:36 pm

"Thats pretty much the plan" said Conoy, "Go down this tunnel and see what we see. Hope'n to find me mates swimmin' in a sea of fat silver coins but I doubt thats what those fools are doing." He wiped the thin sideburns of light brown hair, that connected to his mustache and took another drink. It was a little unnerving being looked over like that by Ginny, was she looking him over to see if he had more coins for her to take or was it general interest in his manliness? His ego screamed that she was stunned by the manliness that just oozed from him but the practical side of his mind said she was just looking for coin.

"Mister Conoy?"

Conoy picked his head up a little, looking around. A youth stood in the doorway of the saloon, carrying a pistol and carbine like it was the first time in his life touching a firearm. His bright blue eyes were a contrast to Conoy's deep brown ones, as they held no sadness from taking a life nor they strain of laboring all one's life.

"I'm Conoy" he called, waving to the youth and looking at Ginny. "Well thats two I have now" said Conoy with a slight grin and then lowered his voice, "Even if it is an untested boy and you."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Conoy was noticing the look Ginny gave him, and she noticed the fact that he was noticing it. She had much experience in the area, and could tell when a man was mentally preening. And a sly smirk worked its way just a bit across her face. But before she could make conversation about the matter, a young man made his way into the saloon and towards the two of them. She winked at the boy, leaning back in her seat and dropping her hat from fanning herself.

"Hey there, kiddo. Round up a seat, we're jest now talkin' 'bout wages." They hadn't been, of course, but now seemed as good a time as any to bring it up. She turned her eyes, suddenly keen, upon Conoy. "So what we lookin' at, then? Full share a head? Whatchu got fer barter?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Will smiled uncertainly, and walked over to the table where Conoy and a very pretty red-haired woman were seated. He pulled one of the chairs out and sat down, cradling the firearms in his lap. He glanced quickly at the woman, and then turned toward Conoy.

"Ah...hello, I'm William Fowler - though most folks just call me Will, and I'm here about your newspaper ad," Will shifted in his seat, a little uncertain. He could still back out of it, still just get up and go back to the store. That dreary, boring, stuffy general store...

"I want to join your search party," he blurted, before he lost his nerve. There, he'd committed himself. There was no going back now. Besides, wasn't it time he had a little excitement in his life?

Surreal
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:25 pm

Conoy raised an eyebrow at Ginny, she wanted to get paid, after running off with his money those years ago. That would have some good interest added on by now, so in all accounts, she should be working for him for free, for some time yet. The boy would deserve payment, that was for sure. He thought over just ho much he valued his fellow miners and how much he could offer to pay.

"Welcome to the team Will" said Conoy, reaching into his haversack and pulled out a nice sized chunk of rock and silver ore, "I will give you a one of these for each of me friend you find alive." He glanced over at Ginny and smiled evilly. "You owe me from Denver" he continued, "But I wont hold a grudge. you'll get the same, after you work off the debt with no interest."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Ginny shot Conoy an absolutely stunned look, clasping one hand to her heart as a woman insulted. But she looked amused at the same time. It was shocking that he remembered his lack of funds from the morning after...she had left. There wasn't much she could do to deny the fact...but that wouldn't stop her from trying.

"Now, what're ya tryin' ta say there? What makes ya think I'd swindle a decent fella like yerself, huh? Pfft, fine, we'll work somethin' out I guess. I 'spect a good deal fer my fine work, though, 'cause I doubt yer gonna find yerself any better workers, experience wise, ya hear?" She cast a well toned arm around the shoulders of the youth, speaking conspiratorially and leaning towards him in a manner that would have been viewed as most forward, "Ole Conoy here an' me had a bad bout 've business a while back, kiddo. So don't take it too personal like if we seem ta be speakin' o'er yer head, awright?"

She chuckled and pulled back into her own space again, winking once more at Conoy. "When we head out, then?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 am

Joshua looked as his last job walked off. Dag'nabit, but if he wasn't tired of ferrying these rich "genteel-men" over the mountains. Sure, the pay was good, but it was borin' as a mule's butt. He needed something to take his mind off it. Looking down at the money in his hand, he quickly did a few calculations. It was enough to restock his supplies and bed him down for a few nights. But first, a drink.
----------------------------------
Walking into the Red Door, he looked around to scope the place out. It was pretty empty today. Usually, you could hardly get your foot in the door, but today it seemed like Old Nick had come to collect a few souls.
Walking up to the counter, he looked over to the bartender. "Hey Joe, one sasparilla!"
Flipping a coin to the table, he turned back to the relatively empty saloon. "So, where's the crowd?"
The bartender dropped his drink down behind him. "To tell ya the truth, I dunno. Some miner came in a while back with a wild story about 'em all disappearin' or somethin'. I tell ya, people these days..."
"Hold that thought," said Joshua, "I'm goin' to go sit down, alrigh'?"
He walked away, not really paying attention to what the bartender was saying. Probably something about another crazy miner or something. The bartend' was always going on about crazy people like that. It seemed like an obsession or something.
As he got over towards his favorite table however, he noticed that there were already people there. Three to be precise. Two young bucks and a red-headed lady. Oh well. There were plenty of seats around the table. He didn't mind the company.
Sitting down, he took a swig of his drink and turned towards the group sitting at the table. "Howdy. So, what's y'all young'ns up to?"

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Conoy was about to answer the inquiry to their leaving, when a scarred fella sat down at their table. Outside, the hands of the clock in the tower of the town hall, moved to noon and a great chime was struck twelve times. The arrive time for all those interested in joining the search for his missing friends was passed and gone but they could afford to wait another few minutes for any latecomers.

He looked at the two who had arrived and this third fellow, hopefully this would be easier then it was looking right now. Hopefully his fellow miners had found a hidden Inca temple made from gold and silver and were just so overjoyed, they couldn't move. Fat chance, Conoy knew they would find them being eaten alive by giant moles for something.

"We're heading up to Twilight Peak" said Conoy, looking at the new comer, "Thirty-two miners and a dog have gone missing."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Taking another swig of his drink, Joshua smiled. "Twilight Peak, eh? That there's some rough territory, fer sher. Ya seem a bit under-equipped to be goin' inta a place like that."
Looking around the table, Joshua couldn't help but laugh at the comedy of it. "Ya got a kid who looks like he's never been away from the town a day in his life, a woman who, quite frankly, looks like a hired gun, and you... I'm gonna guess that you're the 'crazy miner' Joe was talkin' 'bout back there. Hmm..."
Looking out the window, Joshua started to think. The Twilight Peak was bad business. Even since the early days, when he had just started his "service". The natives had legends about it. Said the devil lived there or something. He had crossed it several times, but even then he had been careful. It was one of the most dangerous ranges in the area. And the three here looked like they were just going to go charging in, guns blazing, looking for a bunch of miners that, truth be told, just fell down a mineshaft or something.
"Look kid..." he said, turning back to Conoy, "maybe you should just..." then he stopped. Something about this guys eyes said that he wouldn't give up. Convincing him would be a lost cause. He sighed. For some reason, he liked this guy. He seemed sincere. Least he could do was help him out.
Picking his cavalier attitude back up, he smiled. "Well, kid. If you're going through the mountains, y'might need someone who knows 'em like the back of 'is hand. I don't have anythin' to do for a few days. Mind if I tag along?"
Maybe he could keep these kids from killing themselves.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Conoy almost laughed but kept it from his face. He had been traveling up and down the mountain passes to the mining camp up on Twilight Peak for the past year and a half, hauling supplies when he wasn't working in the mine. A small smile spread over his face as the older man described his little band, thats just what they were and he like it just like that.

"Sure" said Conoy, the last sounds of the noon chime fading away, "We could use another pair of eyes. The same offer is on the table for you as these two if you find some of me mates. One of these for each one alive." He tapped the silver and rock chuck in the table and stood. "I have three mules if anyones needs a beast to ride and all the supplies a camp of thirty three miners would need for a month up at the camp."
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:03 pm

Ginny flashed a wolfish grin as the mountaineer described her as exactly what she was: a hired gun. She didn't bother to argue a more noble description for herself; in some rare cases the truth was the best policy. And what did it matter what the scruffy scarred man thought? Her pay would be the same regardless.

"So whatta we get if'n we find a miner who ain't so livin'?" The red haired woman drawled out casually. "You jest wantin' 'em back, or do ya want ta know what happened to 'em?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Will sat quietly, listening as the others talked. His eyes had almost bugged out of his head at the sight of the silver ore, and the prospect of receiving some as payment. The thought had never occurred to him that he would be payed.

Not that he was complaining; that silver seemed like a 'golden' opportunity to start a life on his own, and get away from having to run the general store...

He flinched slightly at Ginny's words. Daed? He hadn't thought of that either. It hadn't occurred to him to wonder just what had happened to the miners. Something terrible, probably. What else would make thirty-odd tough guys and a dog disappear mysteriously?

Maybe he should rethink his decision...he shook his head. He'd been through this already. He was going to go down in that mine, and that was final. Besides, they all had guns, so it wasn't like they'd be defenseless.

Surreal
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:36 am

Joshua looked over at Ginny. "Well ain't you the morbid one? Like as not, the prob'ly jus' got lost. Y'know how them mines is. One minute yer goin' left, the next you're goin' right. Purty soon yer right near lost. Wouldn't s'prize me a bit if'n they was there wait'n for us when we arrived. Even if they isn't though, that don't neccessar'ly mean they're dead."
Turning to the youngest one, he smiled. "Well kid, don't you worry. Now, I won't lie to ya. It's gonna be dangerous. But all in all, it ain't nothin' but nature. Keep yer wits about ya, and don't go gettin' lost like them fool miners, and I promise ya, you'll come outta it good as new."
Standing up, Joshua reached out and stretched. What happened next can only be described as crazy. A waiter, delivering a rather full tray of drinks to a group of men a few tables over, ducked to avoid his arm and tripped. The tray of drinks went skidding across the table, konking a man rather squarely in the head. It hit with such force, not only was the man knocked unconcious, but pushed backwards as well. The man fell, his arm swinging wide, splashing a rather large cowboy with a large amount of beer. The cowboy, seeing the whole thing, got up and headed towards Joshua. Joshua, with no idea what his simple stretch had just caused, sat back down and started talking again.
"Well now, I guess we should all be a'gettin' ready. It's a hard time, pushin' through these mountains. I've done it several times, and it ain't exactly a walk in the park. Probably'd be even harder underground. And I'm runnin' a tad low on supplies. Now I don't want ya to get me wrong. It's not that I don't appreciate the offer. Miner, it's just that... one moment please."
Swinging around out of his chair, he stood up, turned around, pulled his gun, and grabbed the hair of the drunk cowboy, all in one swift movement. Jamming his gun into the cowboy's massive belly, he smiled. "Now look, buddy. I ain't a'lookin' for a fight, but if'n you're that desperate to get aquainted with ol' Nick, I can send ya to see him right now. If ya have some attachment to living, then go ahead and sit yerself back down, buy another drink, and don't even thing about sneakin' up behind me again." With one quick shove with his gun, the cowboy was sprawled out on the floor. Turning around as if nothing happend, he continued.
"As I was sayin'... miner, it ain't that I don't appreciate the offer of all these 'free supplies' up in the mount'ns. It's jus' that I like to check my 'quipment afore I go off dependin' on it, y'know. Well, I've got some restockin' to do. I'll be back in a couple of hours, but if'n you need me sooner than that, just give a holler or ask 'round. Ev'rybody near round these part knows me. Just ask for Joshua."
Turning around, he started to walk out the door. For one moment, he stopped and looked down at the big cowboy. "You still here? Thought I told ya to git. Ah well, no matter. You ain't gonna be hurtin' anyone soon." Joshua swung his foot, catching the cowboy right between the eyes, knocking him out cold. Reaching down, Joshua grabbed and pocketed the knife in the cowboy's hand. Then, walking over the fallen man, Joshua walked out the door and into the bright noonday sun.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:46 am

Ginny smirked at Joshua, taking a quick swig of the last drink she intended on getting from the place before heading out. "Naw, I ain't morbid. Jest bein' practical's all. Hell, 'least half the search trips I been on end up findin' nothin' but bones."

As he shoved the sneaking cowboy onto his back, Ita snickered and topped off her drink. "Well ain't you jest the rowdiest mountain poke I ever did see?" And she rose to her feet, slamming the glass back onto the table and tipping her hat to the matron as she replaced it on her head.

"Well let's git then. Ain't gittin' no closer ta findin' yer mates by sittin' round here gittin' drunk, are we?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!