Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GR2011: Drakus Flavaar vs Aeryn(R1)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

GR2011: Drakus Flavaar vs Aeryn(R1)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:07 pm

The Grassroots Tournament
Round 1: Drakus Flavaar vs Aeryn

Match Start: June 6th, 2011 @ 9:00PM
Match End: July 5th, 2011 @ 9:00PM

Post Response Limit: 4 days
First Post: Drakus Flavaar

Stage Description:
The clouds on the planet Sylixzan are quite different than the ones on Earth. For starters, they hold as much weight from above as needed, and aren't very hard to break through on the sides, in spite of increased resistance. Secondly, the stage shifts constantly, creating new platforms for fighters to jump up on, altitude changes, and other interesting features. Up in the sky, the weather is rather cold, but bearable on this planet. One can see the sun and the moon from on top of the clouds, as well as an open atmosphere.

May the strongest grass blade emerge tallest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: GR2011: Drakus Flavaar vs Aeryn(R1)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:28 pm

On the top of clouds...
It was perfect really. Clouds meant a few things, all that worked in Drakus favour. For a start, clouds generally indicated some level of moisture, and the cold also would help to attribute to his strategy. Exhaling he brushed himself off, glad he had brought the two layers of clothing and a cloak. His left breast held four daggers, all conveniently concealed by his cloak, but the four on his belt were more obvious. Likewise, the Elven blade on his right could obviously be seen. He wasn't about to pretend he didn't have weapons. That seemed like a pointless waste of effort to him.

Experimentally he pressed down on the cloud to find out just how solid it was. He was seeking little pieces of information, subtle ones, anything to lend him aid in this battle. He was not about to slip up so carelessly. His mind already began to light up, magic pulsing through his head, enhancing the rate of which he thought. It did nothing to help his actual movement speed, but his reactions and ability to interpret information was much greater. His natural aura, the reason he had brought so many clothes, began to spread to the air about him, lowering it by a total of ten degrees celsius in the nearby area.

Finally he exhales once more, releasing all the nervousness from his body and setting his mind to focus on the trial he was about to face.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:48 am

"Now, don't get me wrong ... I'm taking this seriously and all, but standing up here? Walking on clouds? I'm just waiting for the theme from 'The Snowman' to start playing in the background. Too bad I didn't bring my pyjamas, or we could turn this into a parody!"

Aeryn had appeared on the battlefield with only a momentary distortion of the air around him. His cloak shifted in the rush of displaced wind as he gained his bearings, tossing his hair and letting his eyes come to rest on Drakus. "It's almost a shame we're matched up!" he called, "You seem like a nice guy! I always feel bad when I beat up nice guys, and Elante tends to have a go at me."

The silvis drew his sword out from its sheathe without ceremony, holding it ready as he reached around and took hold of his shield. "I think considering the circumstances, he'll make an exception, though." Aeryn grinned. He glanced down for a moment, casually kicking at the cloud surface. "Seems like pretty solid stuff." he mused, "Weird how things work out here, but I try not to think too hard about it."

Raising his eyes to Drakus once again, Aeryn smirked, slipping seamlessly into a subtle ready stance, his muscles tensed. "Shall we do this, then, or am I gonna stand around monologuing all day?"
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:19 am

Drakus titled his head, then shook it. "I refuse to bypass mere politeness," he says, simply stepping forth to offer out his left hand as a polite gesture. It was his left hand as his left was the one that could draw his sword the most dangerously, his right resting at his side. Unless he planned to whip out his blade in a reverse grip this was most likely a sincere gesture.

"Forgive me, but my formal nature insists we do this like gentlemen. That is, starting and finishing with a handshake. And, feel free to monologue as long as you wish, I understand the need to calm the nerves by vocalising yourself." However, as Aeryn's weapons were already drawn he remained a few steps back, giving Aeryn himself a chance to close the distance. He would be studying the man, of course, the entire time, much as he had begun studying everything about the location. Already he had formed a plan.

"Goodluck."

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:50 am

Aeryn raised an eyebrow at Drakus, before shrugging. "If you say so. Proper gentleman, aren't you? Elante'd like you." he said, grinning. The silvis re-sheathed his sword and lowered his shield, eyeing up Drakus' posture before stepping forwards. He closed the distance in a few steps, coming to a halt in front of Drakus and awkwardly extending his own left hand -- because trying to shake with opposite hands made you look quite stupid, Aeryn knew from experience.

The silvis took Drakus' hand with a smile, meeting the other's eyes. "Jolly good. Too bad Elante isn't here."

The only warning Drakus would get of the decidedly despicable attack that followed would be a momentary flash in Aeryn's eyes. From the silvis' grinning face shot two beams of silvery white energy, searing through the air and crossing the short distance in moments where they were aimed to shoot straight into Drakus' eyes. The heat of the energy was equal to that of a flamethrower, and would likely cause significant damage to the man's vulnerable eyeballs. Aeryn tightened his grip on Drakus' hand, so long as he had taken it in the first place, attempting to hold him in place for further damage. If this attack was successful, Aeryn was pretty confident that the battle would be a lot easier -- after all, a blind opponent wasn't likely to put up much of a fight!

It wasn't very nice, no. But then, Aeryn wasn't the most honourable of people. In the Silver Dimension, you killed or you got killed (and/or eaten, depending on who did the killing). The concept of gentlemanly duelling was an alien one to him. Elante would probably disapproving... but what he didn't know, didn't hurt him!

Regardless of the results of his attack, Aeryn would follow it up by moving to the side and backwards, attempting to pull Drakus forwards and offset his balance with the grip he already had on his hand.

"Sorry, buddy, I'm in it to win it. Not just to have good, honourable fun."

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:38 am

Drakus subtle magics were at work, accelerating his mind. The moment he saw the flash he was suspicious, mind lighting up and eyes immediately narrowing. As soon as the flames burst forward his eyes were closed and her threw his left shoulder to the right. His face and hair was burned in two neat lines as he sent his weight crashing down, using his own shoulder aimed at the sternum of his opponent to hopefully drive them downwards. It wasn't the best defence, but it wasn't like he was going to be shooting ice eyebeams, and he had at least spared his vision.

Immediately his right hand shot up to his left breast, clutching onto a cursed dagger of confusion and drawing it out, hopefully underneth his opponents vision. Amazingly, his accelerated thinking would also put forth a plain ice spell from the palm of his left hand to wrap around his opponents, enclosing it in to hold them to him. If they wished to be a poor sport, so be it. Drakus could be ruthless too.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Aeryn's already planned backwards movement might not have been exercised in the manner he had intended, but it still turned out to be useful. Rather than tugging Drakus forwards, he instead managed to largely avoid the tackle that the man attempted. As Drakus' momentum likely carried him downwards anyway, Aeryn attempted to dart backwards, but found himself unable to get far -- his hand was stuck, and fuck, that was cold! "Don't fucking think so..." he growled. With a moment of focus, Aeryn's hand erupted with a burst of energy, that would shatter the ice and potentially send shards of it spearing into Drakus' own hand, as well as battering the extremity with force.

Trying to use Drakus' failed tackle to his advantage, Aeryn swung his booted foot out towards the man's face, aiming to deliver a solid kick to him before jumping backwards away from him, drawing his sword as he landed and dropping into a ready stance with both sword and shield raised. "Nice try, but I'll bet I'm better at fighting dirty than you are, mate." Aeryn said, winking cheerfully.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Pain surged through Drakus hand as the shards struck. It wasn't like he could really avoid it. Now bent over with a foot coming up towards him he thrust down his left forearm to both try to cushion the kick and also stop himself from falling down. However the cursed dagger would come into play, violently. Not too pleased that his opponent had thrown a kick for him, Drakus answered by stabbing mercilessly for the mans foot, aiming to impale him right through his own shoe and base of the foot, and he had a pretty good guage of where the foot was going to be by bracing it against his other arm.

The dagger carried a horrible cursed, one that would deeply affect the mind of any struck by it. The confusion curse it carried broke the ability to chain cohesive thoughts together, practically disrupting them. It made the person literally fall back on instincts. A mere glancing blow would leave this effect for barely five seconds, however a deep wound could have the spell landed for up to a minute. It was probably for the best, though. Initially Drakus was going to stab Aeryn somewhere nice and fleshy and within arms reach, like the thigh, stomach or groin.

"Think again, pretty boy."

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 am

As Drakus' dagger speared towards his foot, Aeryn reacted in a manner that was less than disciplined (it was more of a panic than anything, resorting to raw force) but still effective. From his foot, this time, a sudden pulse of force shot outwards with a flash. Again, this pulse threatened to batter Drakus' arm where it contacted his foot, but most significantly it would most likely bat the dagger-wielding hand away. Aeryn retracted his foot and completed his escape backwards, smirking.

While Drakus remained on the floor, Aeryn intended to press his advantage. The silvis swept his leg around a second time, but this time a safe distance away from Drakus and his knives. A wave of white light shot out in an arc where his leg passed, cutting through the air swiftly to fly towards the fallen man, aimed to strike his face with force akin to having a cinderblock thrown at you. The results weren't likely to be pretty.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, not least when you're thrusting your dagger at me at the same time! I mean, really, save that for at least the third date." Aeryn said, laughing to himself. But there would be time for mockery later, right now he needed to focus on beating a man while he was down. Hm .. when he put it like that, it sounded sort of bad.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:07 am

Drakus adjusted appropriately as the fight flowed. It was one of his better qualities. Merciless force, it seemed, was his opponents idea to disrupt him. While it hurt, certainly, a hand could easily manage the force, sending his arm backwards. With his body already pressing downwards, albeit injured, he pressed his left hand to the floor for a stable base, but only for the merest second. The force from the kick would not be sacrificed as he pushed off the floor with his left hand to right himself, thumb slipping to the hilt of his dagger. This would take him upright, out of the way of the arc of energy.

"Before I had assumed you were an okay person, but now I realise that argument in the lobby was obviously your fault."

Well, now he knew they could dispense energy from any part of their body it was time to find a gap in their defences.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Aeryn narrowed his eyes at Drakus' words, licking his lips with distaste. "Right." he said, "You go ahead and think that." The silvis grinned, "I'm sort of a wanker, to be fair." he added. As he spoke, he was readying his next attack already, focusing his gaze on Drakus himself. Aeryn lifted his sword ready to strike, holding his shield defensively, and chuckled. Without warning, he moved, but not in the direction Drakus would likely be expecting. Instead, he turned tail and sprinted away.

But not far, or for long. As he ran, Aeryn spread his arms, and two beams of light shot out to meet in the air a short distance ahead of him, quickly shifting and twisting in the air until it formed a shape that was vaguely recognisable... as a springboard? Aeryn leapt into the energy, twisting in midair to slam into it forcefully backwards. The spring compressed, tilting downwards slightly as it pressed backwards. All of this happened in moments -- only two or three seconds passing between the start of his sprint and what was inevitably to come. The rebound.

It was with an exclamation along the lines of 'Woohoo!' that Aeryn was launched back towards Drakus like a cannonball, the spring pushing him backwards with all the force of his charge and more channelled from his own energy reserves. He shot towards Drakus, his sword ready and thrusting forwards, aimed straight for the man's stomach. His shield was lifted to cover his upper body and neck, and to deliver a nasty smack to Drakus' jaw if he impacted the man. Drakus would only have moments to react after Aeryn met the springboard for him to cross the short distance to where he stood.

And if Drakus was paying any attention to his hearing, he might just be able to make out Aeryn yell "Catch me, o' warrior!" as he flew.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Drakus rolled his eyes and muttered something, though loudly so he would be heard, about, "Impetuous youth."

His mind worked furiously, rolling his wrists with a subtle crack to aim for the man. From his hands burst a sudden blast of frost, hurtling towards the man. To say it was ice was simply false. In truth the nature of the spell was more complex. For a start, whatever it happened to collide with it would suddenly cover in ice, spiking away from whatever it happened to touch. In this case it happened to be the ground a bare three feet from Drakus, timed so that the impact would result in the sharp shards of ice would suddenly rise just as Aeryn reached them.

Of course, Drakus himself was not safe from his own spell, and he would likely be in sword range or close to it by the time the spell went off, so he allowed the kickback from his own spell to send him stumbling backwards. As a subtle afterthought he sniffed, swiping his right arm downwards and pressing down on the guard of his dagger. The blade released from the base, extending out on a thin chain contained in handle extending up to a meter to allow the blade a descending arc, timed well with the spell.

If all went to plan, the spell would strike the ground, burst upwards towards Aeryn, impale them or simply halt their progress, followed by the dagger falling upon them with a curse.

"Yes, I should have known the arrogant dishonourable youth would be the one antagonising a woman." Unfortunately, he didn't have much else to work with, other than 'What would Ellante thing' based off assumptions on what he had heard, and Aeryn clearly didn't care. But that woman? She had made him angry in the lobby. That was an angle he could aim for.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am

Aeryn's reactions were fast, but there was a limited amount that you could feasibly do when you were rocketing through the air. However, thankfully the silvis was intelligent enough to realise that a ball of magic -- whether it was aimed for the floor or not -- couldn't exactly be a good thing to run into, particularly when you didn't have much control over the direction you were moving in. Seeing as he didn't know what the spell was going to do, Aeryn quickly resorted to a basic but universal defence. His entire body lit up as he covered himself in a hasty shield of energy, layering on top of the protection his amulet offered and reinforcing it.

When the ice exploded outwards, though, he wasn't going to get out unscathed. Thanks to the shielding, and the relatively brittle nature of ice as a substance, the ice suffered more than he did -- shattering as he plowed through it. The spikes did pierce his shielding in places, however, leaving several surface cuts on his arms, torso and legs. The ice also served to largely negate his momentum, stopping his charge and causing him to land on the far side of the spikes. He dropped into a roll to avoid falling, and by doing so avoided the dagger that sailed down from above him.

Rising without pause from his roll, Aeryn jumped to his feet and shot his shield arm upwards, aiming to grab hold of the thin chain attached to the blade before Drakus could do anything more with it and jerk it towards himself, either pulling Drakus forwards or pulling the weapon from his grip. In the same motion, Aeryn moved the rest of his body forwards to close the small gap between where he had rolled and where Drakus had backpedaled too, thrusting his sword upwards with unnatural ease and speed considering the size and length of the weapon, aiming to stab Drakus through the stomach from a low angle as he was pulled by the chain.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Drakus was hardly impressed, though he did appreciate the ingenuity of throwing a shield over yourself to protect from an unknown attack. As the chain for his dagger was grabbed and yanked he merely let it go. Let his opponent attempt to wield a sword, dagger on a chain and a shield all at once. Let him try to figure out how to get the chain back inside the blade. With bare concern for his opponents rapid forward momentum and thrust, Drakus slammed all his weight onto his right foot, raised his left and stomped for his opponents face as hard as he could manage. The boots had a clever device in them that allowed multiple small spikes to suddenly jutt out of the unusually thick sole. The spikes weren't sharp enough to pierce flesh without a lot of pressure, but they did end in a point, meaning having spikes raked over your flesh could easily draw blood.

The oncoming sword was met with Drakus hand reaching for just above the tip, ice forming at his tips. He was going to practically sheath the weapon in a simple layer of ice, blunting it from the tip, all the way down the back. It would hurt to be jabbed in the chest, yes, but Drakus knew a thing or two about holding a sword in one hand, considering his experience in both the military and practicing it himself. For a start, it relied on your weapons being relatively light, and ice, while not as heavy as metal, would not be helping with balance and weight.

As such, Drakus would use his hand to sheath the blade in ice, letting it hit him in the stomach, admittedly painfully, but without puncturing skin.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Aeryn had no intention of attempting to wield Drakus' dagger, and once the man had released it, he simply released it and let it fall. With a grunt of effort, Aeryn threw his shield hand forwards towards Drakus' foot, bringing the round buckler just barely into its path of descent. Ordinarily, the stomp would have clipped the shield and simply fallen slightly to the side of its mark, but Aeryn's shield wasn't 'ordinary'. Where Drakus' foot met the shield's surface, the force of his stomp would be reversed back at him, pushing his foot straight back in the direction it had come and potentially seriously unbalancing him just as the iced-over sword jabbed him forcefully in the stomach, which in turn could potentially knock him backwards.

Not about to let this momentary advantage go to waste, Aeryn took the chance to send a pulse of force shooting from his eyes to shatter the ice on his blade, the shards bouncing harmlessly off of his amulet's shield and potentially causing more unpleasant scratches on Drakus himself. Rather than attempting a strike, however, knowing that Drakus had almost certainly recovered enough to avoid what would be an obvious move, Aeryn instead feinted forwards. He swung his sword in a slash towards Drakus' neck as he gathered energy for his actual attack, but at the last moment pulled back seemingly effortlessly - Feather Edge's lightweight enchantment once more proving its usefulness - and released his actual attack.

A burst of fiery energy exploded outwards from Aeryn's chest, searing in a wide cone aimed to cover Drakus' upper torso and face with extreme heat that could easily severely burn him if it connected. Aeryn might not be a master tactician, but he had ample methods of attack to fall back on until one worked!

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 pm

The force indeed did knock Drakus back, however it did also activate the spikes in his shoes from the force. With the jab to his stomach, weight on his right foot and left foot forced into the air he tipped backwards, not forwards, flailing his arms for a moment before his body buckled downwards to sit, rather than falling flat on his back. With a whump he landed just before Aeryn on the floor with his right leg out and his left leg held slightly up. Both the upwards swing and probably the cone, aimed for his neck and upper torso respectively, would likely go over his head, though the blade would nick his chin on its way up. Comments about needing a shave aside, that drew blood.

Drakus almost acted casually, thrusting his spiked boot for the groin of his opponent as his right hand reached for a dagger, this time with a curse of weakness. His left hand merely dropped to the floor to prop himself up, but ice emmitted from it, covering the clouds. The combined advantage of altitude and Drakus own chilling aura made it so the ice would remain for a large period of time without much effort, giving him more time to focus on spreading it rather than making it last.

The shards of ice from the sword would not cause even noticeable damage to Drakus with his thick multiple layers of clothing to withstand the cold.

"My my, you don't think much of conserving yourself do you. That must be eight or ten spells," he says, a casual throwaway taunt, holding superiority in his voice as if he was completely unconcerned by how the fight was running. Mind games were always fun mid-fight.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 am

Sidestepping Drakus' kick by rotating on one foot, Aeryn swept his hand out and sent a beam of energy flying for his torso. Due to his downed state, it would likely be difficult for him to avoid what wasn't a damaging strike, but rather a construction similar to the springboard he had created earlier. If the energy hit Drakus, it would spread out to form a pinning bar of solid energy, meeting the floor and holding Drakus down firmly by the torso. While it was true what Drakus said - Aeryn tended to go all out - he still had more to give. It was easier to channel his own inherent energy than it was for a mage to cast a spell by utilising external sources. The silvis did make a mental note to at least try and conserve his energy from now on, though, which largely involved sticking to constructions like this. Extreme force and heat took more energy than shapes. Aeryn almost laughed at the fact that his opponent had given him a useful reminder.

All of this thought whirred through Aeryn's brain in an instant, however, as he moved for another attack. Keeping a careful eye on Drakus' hands (after all, he'd already pulled one dagger out of that cloak), Aeryn stepped away from the man's legs and made to thrust his longsword down at his chest. The length of the weapon and its lightness meant that Aeryn could cause serious damage without having to fully commit to hunching over Drakus, giving him more room to avoid a counterattack.

"Spells? What, do I look like a mana muncher to you? This is allll me, baby, no magic involved." Aeryn grinned, "You talk pretty big for a man laying down on the job, don'tcha?"

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 am

"Oh, don't let my casual nature bother you," he answered, lashing out with his right hand and unclipping the dagger, sending the blade hurtling up the length of Aeryn's blade for his hand. Even if his dagger only lightly grazed the hand it would turn a potentially dangerous stab into a meager poke. His other arm raises up to form a rapid wall of ice in front of the beam, sailing through the air to meet the full length, effectively forming a ring around him, but a much larger one than he would otherwise be confined to. His foot drops back to the ground bent at the knee as his other knee rises to meet it. Then with both feet he shoves himself upwards.

He was doing everything within his power to take away the chance of a fatal wounding from that sword.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:20 am

It wouldn't be his reflexes or his powers that saved Aeryn this time -- but rather the little amulet he wore around his neck. The passive magical shield that it provided was weak, capable of deflecting at most a glancing sword blow. Thankfully for Aeryn, this dagger attack was just that -- glancing. The blade grazed his hand indeed, even though he tried to adjust his strike to aim further downwards to avoid it, but the shield provided by Heart's Promise meant that the blade never touched his flesh. It had slightly upset Aeryn's aim, however, and now his sword would be aimed at Drakus' midsection rather than his chest and heart.

The man's movement upwards further skewed the aim of the attack, but the speed of the blow meant that it wasn't by much. The sword would meet Drakus low in his stomach, the sharp blade most likely piercing through all the layers of clothing the man wore and causing some serious damage. His actions might have saved him a fatal wound, but this would still be grievous. Aeryn continued to put force behind the strike, aiming to run Drakus through completely. As he did so, he swung his shield forwards, bringing the bladed edge forcefully towards Drakus' face with the intention of breaking at the very least, his nose, if not doing more severe damage.

The silvis' face had lost its grin and set in a determined grimace -- despite his taunting, he didn't enjoy sticking his sword through someone who hadn't done anything worse than been on the wrong tournament roster at the wrong time, but he was reassured that there was some method of reversing the damage back at the lobby. That was the only way he'd convinced Elante to let him enter, after all.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 am

Drakus decided at this time he should play a dirty trick. While indeed he was pinned by the sword he still had free movement of his legs, and legs were certainly longer than arms. As such he raised his spiked boot up for Aeryns gut to rake the spikes over it. Firmly planting one elbow against the ground, ice formed in his palm, growing to form a solid sheath for the bladed edge of the shield to catch it and freeze it to he mans gloved palm.

He was admittedly surprised that the dagger had not affected the man, but he wasn't about to let it stop him. As soon as he realised it had no effect, which was rather quickly, he flicked for it to retract and promptly aimed the hilt for Aeryn's hand once more, the chain rapidly drawing the blade back and lined up with the other mans hand. At the point of its return he would jab the dagger inwards. The place he held the hilt was just above the wrist, to stop Aeryn from drawing out his blade without getting cut.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!