Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kingdom Hearts: Origins Part 2 - What Becomes Of Heroes

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Kingdom Hearts: Origins Part 2 - What Becomes Of Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 pm

(For the sake of time, I have decided to not insue any form of waiting: The members of the roleplay -- If they be veterans or rookies -- have full rights and priviliges to enjoy this story. If you have not been accepted into our reality yet, go to the OOC located here and sign up! Enter Darkness!)

What fate waits our Chosen heroes? Will they be consumed by darkness, or will they be a light to consume the darkness? Only time will tell.

Beneath a dark canopy of leaves and vines, the Deep Jungle stirred violantly. There was a war, and not between light and darkness. Two darknesses, both competing for glory. The Heartless against the Nobodies. A war that could end the Deep Jungles, or possibly be its salvation. It seems that weeks have passed since the Chosen stepped through the doorway of light located in Traverse Town, but now it is time for them to rise up and smite evil. Can they raise their weapons in a sign of freedom?

Samurai and Soldiers fought in a gory mess beneath a rocky outcropping, and Visisk watched with a twisted and displeased expression. Beneath his dark hood, the man's face was concealed but his body language clearly displayed enragement. Gripping his hooked sword tightly, he released an exasperated grunt. "Fools." He turned his back to the Samurai as they were crushed by the spiraling Heartless Soldiers. How did the Heartless gain such a military advantage over his own forces? He was sure that the Samurai would out-manuever the petty enemy, but it seemed he had underestimated the veteran warriors. They had greater numbers it seemed, but that was merely due to the fact that they had a leader who was bringing in more and more dark hearts each day. He was getting no reinforcements from his leaders. It was so frustrating. At least he had had the satisfaction of leaving the Chosen to die beneath unending numbers. He had explored the world of Traverse Town after the battle was over and he had found that the Keyhole was still accessable, meaning that the Chosen had been crushed before they had the oppertunity to seal it. He had found no remains, unfortunately. Nobodies never left remains. He chuckled under his breath, becoming joyful at the prospect of his upcoming promotion. He would become a High Captain, not just a weak Officer...He was tired of taking orders from Malaen and the other higher ranked warriors. He had the skill and cunning to cut all of their throats if he wanted to, but of course what would that gain him? Nothing. With a new plan brewing in his mind, the dark knight marched toward the Nobody's base of operations. He had already taken control of Traverse Town, and if he could take control of Deep Jungle as well he would be one step ahead of the Heartless. He would find the keyhole if he had to tear the foliage of this world apart. Sadly, only one man knew where that Keyhole was and he was impossible to catch. Stupid ape-loving Tarzan. He cursed the man's name before disapearing into the darkness of the forest...

The Heartless General, Fane, marched through the Heartless encampment with a sense of pride. His faction was doing a very nice job of cleaning up the pathetic Nobodies who were searching for this worlds keyhole, and he was pleased to hear that the savage Tarzan was slowly being forced toward the Heartless ambush awaiting him. He would not lose this world like Traverse Town was lost. Of course, he had tried to convice his superiors that he had not even known that the Chosen had appeared but he had not expected the sympathy that they had given him. Instead of demoting him, they provided a new warrior to assist in conquering this world and she was exceedingly crafty. She had a lot of experience, he supposed. The girl, Twila, was off on an errand most likely. Sighing with satisfaction, Fane continued his march through the Heartless Base and began inspecting the military forces there. Today would be a good day.

Or so he thought.

A ripple spread across reality, far from both fortifications. Suddenly, a hole tore in reality and the bewildered Chosen tumbled out of it. Still blinded by light, Clive arose and examined his surroundings. His keyblade was drawn and his eyes dark. "Renatus, what happened? Where are we?" Embracing confusion, he stumbled in the darkness until he finally found a tree stump for him to sit upon. "It feels like a jungle but I can't see a think." He cursed under his breath as his lioness companion leapt onto his lap. "Don't surprise me like that, please." He mumbled to her, scratching her ears.

(Until someone claims Clive, I will be playing him. Everyone, join in as you see fit.)
The Past, Present and Upcoming Roleplays I Will Manage:
The Voice Of the Dead (Closed)
Kingdom Hearts: Origins 1 & 2 (Open)
The Game (Closed)
Kingdom 13: Humanity's War (Coming Soon)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Origins Part 2 - What Becomes Of Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkeclipsefox on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Kamachi stood up after stumbling through the door with all the others, and looked around at the new surroundings. Her eyes widened as she saw the differences in the terrain. She thought to herself, From the ruined town which was my home to a. . . . . a jungle? Her mom had read a book to her about jungles when she was still around, and she remembered it had said that most of its inhabitants were either vicious, agressive, or were strong enough to smash through most anything in their path. Her keyblade disappeared, slipping through her fingers as water to then just vanish into thin air like all keyblades seem to do when not needed. She then turned to see everyone else and her expression turned into one of horror. One of the other chosen, No her name is Neko. she reminded herself, was bleeding profoundly from a slash wound across her back. My wounds are nothing compared to that. She thought. She walked over to see if the poor girl was still breathing and upon noticing her chest rising and falling she sat down, wincing from the pain of moving her sore body.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkeclipsefox
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KiraiUchiha on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Ivy tripped and fell on her face onto soft grass. She sighed and stood back up looking around her. They where in a jungle? Her keyblade broke away from her grip and a shining blast of electricity. Looking around herself once again he brushed herself off and sat down on the grass, "Hey wheres Euat?" she looked around at all the Chosen, "He's not here" she stood back up looking around at the other Chosen, "We have to find him, we can't just leave one of our numbers"
Keep your head high even when disaster strikes. Keep your feet moving even when theres a gap in front of you. Keep your eyes searching even when your blind. Keep on listening till you go deaf. Live, Love, be free.

KiraiUchiha
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Clive stood from his stump, as Ivy tripped. He was going to offer his hand to help the girl, but she stood up on her own and than he became distracted with the wounded Nekohanai. Rushing to aid her in any way he could, Clive spoke to the others as he tore a leaf from a nearby branch and layed his trench coat (Now dark and twisted looking, with armor plating guarding vital points and a powerful looking claw attached to his left hand.) over Neko's prone body. "Someone find me a coconut or something, d****it! I've dealt with wounds like this back in my world, and I don't want us losing any more Chosen!" He wasn't exactly upset by the fact that the seemingly know-it-all Euat was missing, but he was worried that they would be ambushed without all of their numbers, which caused him great strife. Filling the leaf with water that dripping from the canopy above, Clive used it to cool the wounded girl's head as he sought out Lyric. "Lyric? Lyric!" He spotted the small girl and pointed at her. "I've seen healing magic before, and if anyone of us has been blessed with an incatation it oughta be you!"

Sivosance hummed a comforting tune to Lyric, inside of her head, as he spoke to her. "Healing Soul." The words would clean and heal the wound across Nekohanai's back, but it would also cause a great deal of fatigue for Lyric.

In a strange realm between light and darkness, between dimensions and between reality and fantasy, the Sentinels watched the Chosen. A calm expression on her face, the Sentinel Redramine spoke to the other magical beings. "They will succeed. With the aid of our power, they have defeated forces that Sora would have struggled with. They can succeed. I have faith that they will achieve there destinies."

"But this does not mean we should leave them unguided." Midnaros added, quietly as he drew a sketch in thin air, a picture of Euat. "I fear that I have made a grave mistake with my Chosen One." Sighing, he let the drawing evaporate and turned to the other Sentinels. "I will retrieve him if I can, but I do not know how far I can reach into darkness without becoming tainted." The others nodded, but watched the chosens actions intently. They needed no viewscreen or portal to watch them, for they were shared the Chosen's eyes now.

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 pm

The light changed the world around them from a broken city to the furthest thing. The new setting was dark, and upon looking up one would discover that it was from the canopy of tree branches overhead. Renatus came through the portal with Nekohanai on his back. He fell to his knees to put her down, and as he did so he heard Clive inquire as to the change of setting. That, however, was when everyone realized why he’d carried Neko through the portal. Clive himself, who’d seemed at first rather apathetic, took off his newly changed cloak to stanch the blood flow from the wound. He then turned to Lyric and asked her about a healing spell.

Renatus sat back and looked at the surroundings to let the others tend to Nekohanai. He’d done all he could do to help her by protecting her and brining her through the portal. He had no clue how many Nobodies he’d killed, but he couldn’t remember ever fighting like that before. This wasn’t good. Visisk really had it out for them, and knowing him, he wouldn’t rest until they were dead. Another battle like that was very likely.

"Hey, where’s Euat?” Ivy pointed out. "He's not here. We have to find him; we can't just leave one of our numbers."

The blonde youth shot to a standing position and allowed his eyes to dart about the clearing. Euat wasn’t there. Ren’s expression turned to one of stark realization. He’d stayed to fight the Samurai?! But he could have sworn that Euat was right behind him! Now the Chosen were one fewer in number.

“That idiot!” He wanted to punch something. He let Visisk get what he wanted! “He’s gone. The only explanation is that he stayed behind. There’s no way he could have survived all of those Nobodies,”

"The darkness is alluring...Watch my back, and I shall watch yours. Make sure that no Chosen fall beneath the weight of temptation." Euat’s words from just after fighting the canine heartless rang in his mind. He’d trusted Renatus. At the time Ren thought it was to help him as another experienced fighter, but had he planned to leave them? Renatus of all people knew how ‘alluring’ the powers of darkness could be…No. Euat was just being over heroic. Renatus resolved then and there not to let Euat’s death be a waste. He would do his best to help the Chosen.

On the bright side, no one had asked about how he’d know Visisk, and Clive was stepping up to the plate. Also, he sensed that Redramine was still there, and she seemed confident.

“To answer Clive’s question before, I think we were just rescued by the same man who brought us together. If I remember correctly, this is a jungle world. It has no real name because its main inhabitants are gorillas. There are a few humans, though only about three. They simply called it ‘Deep Jungle’,” Renatus looked at the other Chosen, “As for why we were brought to this world, I’m unsure.”

From Darkness to darkness, the dark-clad figure of nineteen year-old Twila Cole emerged from the corridors of darkness into the dim light of the jungle. She preferred these corridors to the warm, humid jungle. For one, they allowed for little effort and it travel time exponentially. However, she needed to be more familiar with the area if she could use the corridors to their full potential. She needed to know where she was going, after all.

She pitied those who did not embrace the darkness when she thought about the gifts it gave. Aside from the corridors of darkness, she could now do much more than protect herself. She could command the Heartless themselves! Her heart would not be taken, and she could keep them from taking the hearts of those she chose to have mercy on. There was a time when she provided such protection for her brother…

Renatus. Yesterday would have been- no, it was his seventeenth birthday. It also marked one full year since he’d left her side; since he’d left the cover of the darkness for a mediocre life. At least, that’s what he did as far as she knew. If he didn’t want her protection anymore, fine, but it wasn’t like she didn’t still think about him from time to time. Of course, she dreaded the next time she saw him; she would have to recognize him for the traitor he was. But she also did want to see him; to see the baby brother that she’d practically raised.

Enough! Such thoughts would only make her soft and weaken her resolve to take this world. The Nobodies had taken one world already, and she had every intention of helping General Fane claim the ape-man’s heart and this world. Which reminded her, he was probably wondering where she was.

Rather than simply transport her self back through the darkness, she chose to travel through the jungle back to the area Fane used as a base of operations. It wasn’t far away, and, as said before, she needed to know the area.

“General,” She reported as soon as she arrived, “I’ve returned from scouting and I’m awaiting orders.”
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

A burning sensation. No, she had to hold onto him. She couldn't give up, not when there was so much for her and her companions to do! She couldn't leave them with her unfinished work. A force was now pulling on them. Both, her and Renatus. It nearly felt like they were floating in water, though the burning sensation was still there. It wouldn't go away. She couldn't see, she couldn't move, all she could do was hold on and hope to make it.

Numbness. Nekohanai's body was numb from her chest down, but she had regained consciousness. Her vision slowly came back to normal, as the images around her blurred in and out. She saw hurried, worried faces swinging around her. Suddenly the fire of her back was inflamed. She nearly cried out, when all of a sudden, it turned cold. It felt good, and she couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh. Slowly, the cold and numb started going away, and all that was left was the feeling of the cold grass. There was still a stinging feeling, but that was only to be expected.

After a couple of moments, Neko finally opened her eyes. She felt she was sweating heavily, and heat suddenly came to her face. She knew she was blushing, but out of heat-stroke like setting. It would subside soon. She looked forward, down to her feet, and saw that Clive had covered her with his coat. Looking over to the left, she saw Lyric, looking over towards her with still shocked eyes. Neko wanted to comfort the small, usually cheery girl, tell her it would be ok; alas she lacked the words. She tried rising once, but got dizzy, and went back down. The grass felt good on her back. Lush, and very green, Neko could tell by the humidity, this was a forest. And not just any kind of forest, but a very vast forest indeed. Neko turned back over towards Lyric.

"Thank you...," She said with a parched voice. She reached a hand to her face and rubbed her eyes a little bit, before turning back upwards. The moon shone threw the canopy of the trees. "Ah, so it is a forest....nice..."
http://extremeclay.deviantart.com/- My DA. Please take a look at my stuff ^^

"Indeed, the one who was here is gone; but as long as there is one memory, in one mind, his presence has not left."

Commander_Caramel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 am

Clive grumbled a few curses at Euat before rising to his full height, watching Nekohanai carefully. Why had he had to get himself killed? What did he think he would achieve by staying behind like a false hero and getting murdered? Now, the Chosen would suffer greatly without him. Not that they needed him, but it was just that he was a pretty useful asset to them and now they were without a Chosen. Renatus would probably take over as a leader, but Clive wouldn't let him. I should be the leader of this disorderly group, he grumbled within the barriers of his mind, I have more skill and cunning than both of them combined! Plus I'm not an arrogant a-hole. He gaurded against revealing emotion on his face, and instantly attempted to take control of the situation.

(I'm presuming that all characters are NPC until their creators make the first post IC, so...)

After Lyric had cast that spell (Oddly enough, she had not needed to say much of an incantation and if she had she must have muttered it beneath her breath) in a hopeful attempt to heal Nekohanai, the darkness around them had seemed unnaturally quiet. "We should look for shelter of some sort." He crouched to Neko's height once more, "Can you walk?"

General Fane was surprised that Twila had returned so quickly. "I am glad that you have arrived," he said, adjusting his visored helmet of black steel so that it fit less snuggly. "Please follow me." He began another routine inspection of the Heartless camp. "As you have learned, the Nobodies are far more...challenging, than I expected. I do not believe that we can win this war simply by bashing a stone against the head of an enemy. Your mission is to locate the savage called Tarzan and capture him alive. We have been lucky enough to force him toward our headquarters here, but he has killed a great deal of Heartless... Take his heart, if necessary." Pointing a finger toward a massive tree with what seemed to be a house atop its branches, the man added. "That may be a hideout for him, so secure it ASAP. Do not fail me, Twila." He waited for no reply or confirmation that she understood, but he did foresee success.

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Clive didn’t look too happy about Euat’s disappearance. As if he needed another reason to dislike Euat. That was another thing Renatus worried about. Clive didn’t like him and Euat to start out with. Now that Euat was gone and Clive was stepping up, would he try to take leadership? Not that Renatus intended on forcing his way into leadership, it was just that he knew what they were up against much better than the others…as far as he knew. That was another thing. What if the others finally brought up the topic of how he knew Visisk? Once he knew Ren’s past, Clive was sure to fight Renatus’s leadership.

He wouldn’t back off, though. He’d keep trying to help the group, that’s for sure. Whether they chose to follow his or Clive’s opinion was their choice.

“I agree,” Renatus responded to Clive’s suggestion of finding shelter. “The jungle isn’t a particularly safe place. If I remember correctly, there was a random treehouse somewhere around here. We should be safer there than here.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am glad that you have arrived. Please follow me." General Fane led her through the camp. It surprised her how well the Heartless behaved for General Fane. He’d actually gotten them to display some sort of discipline, which was hard to do. The Heartless were naturally creatures of unwieldy action- if not in unwieldy girth (in reference to the Large Body Heartless).

"As you have learned, the Nobodies are far more...challenging, than I expected. I do not believe that we can win this war simply by bashing a stone against the head of an enemy.” The General paused for a moment then continued, the topic changing only slightly. “Your mission is to locate the savage called Tarzan and capture him alive. We have been lucky enough to force him toward our headquarters here, but he has killed a great deal of Heartless... Take his heart, if necessary.”

Twila considered this. She’d only taken a heart once before, and much to her shame it shook her quite a bit. Did she want to do that again? She quickly stopped herself from going down that road. She remembered when Ren had begun to ask questions- now he was a traitor. This family of those who controlled the Heartless…they had practically raised her and Renatus. They were powerful enough to take the worlds, and fully had the right to do so. Yes, if it meant the success of this new family, then she would do as ordered.

Still walking, the General gestured over to a large tree with a quite out-of-place old house in it. "That may be a hideout for him, so secure it ASAP. Do not fail me, Twila."

Twila nodded. “We will have success, General. I give you my word,”

She leapt at once into the jungle, headed straight for the tree house.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkeclipsefox on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Kamachi rose to her feet slowly, already deeply afraid of this entire place. All the foreign sounds, smells and sights was enough to put her on edge, and that was without thinking about knowing there could be enemies lurking around every corner. She nodded slightly at the sugestion of finding shelter, and stood up to stand by the others. She hesitated for a moment and turned back around. She walked back over to Neko hesitantly then bent down and offered her a hand up, her other hand clasping her pendant. She smiled slightly, trying to not to be too shy around her new companions but finding it very difficult to be brave.

Darkeclipsefox
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KiraiUchiha on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Ivy nodded, "I agree we should find shealter. We don't know how cold or hot it could get out here" she looked around, "Or if any enemys are going to show their ugly faces" she pushed her hood off her head to show her face and shook her long ice blue hair out over her shoulders, "Who thinks we should split up?"

KiraiUchiha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KiraiUchiha on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 pm

(ok i did not mean to post twice i'm just dumb and forgot to hit the edit button ^-^'''''' so forgive me for my stupid mistake)

Ivy nodded, "I agree that we should look for shelter considering we don't know how cold or hot it could get out here.." her dark green eyes survayed the area, "Or if any enemys are going to show their ugly faces" she pushed her hood off her face and let it fall onto her back. She shook her head to let her hair out then pushed it over her shoulders, "Who thinks we should split up and look around in groups of 3?"

KiraiUchiha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Clive glanced at Ivy, considering the suggestion. "Well, Renatus," He couldn't help but let a little anger seep into his voice, "seems to know where we can find shelter, so I guess he should decide..." Spite entered Clive's heart. Stupid a** trying to win over the hearts of the Chosen and thinking he is so much better than everyone else. What was this guys background anyway? That guy in black, Visisk or whatever, seemed to know Renatus extensively...what did that mean? Had the Visisk guy been watching the Chosen or something? Or did Renatus know him personally? Clive would have to do a little interrogating if they ever encountered the black cloaked man again, or maybe he could try and find out from Ren himself at a later time. As hot and muggy as the jungle felt, he knew that soon it could be freezing so he might want to put a hold on his questions. It irked him anyways. "You decide, Ren."

(Eikou can decide our next course of action, but I want to reach the Tree-house speedily.)

Unbeknown to the group of Chosen standing in the Deep Jungle's dark shade, a villainous evil was approaching steadily. From the south, a large group of Heartless surged forward in a frenzy to purge the land of all opposition and locate the Keyhole. They were led by a strange new creature that would certainly be lethal if the Chosen did not reach higher ground.

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years

Neko looked up to see Kamachi holding a hand out to her. She wore a shy smile, while clasping her small pendent that hung from her. Neko returned the smile, and grasp her hand, which pulled her up. The cat-like girl was surprised, at first, to find all her injuries had been healed. She twisted her arms both to the far left, then far right, stretching and trying to find if there was any pain. There was none. She turned to Lyric, and thanked her for healing her.
"That really was amazing," Nekohanai said earnestly to her, as a soft wind rippled threw the trees. Looking past the small, bright, little girl, she spotted Clive making annoyed glances at Renatus. Neko put her hand to her chin, revealing a perplexed expression. "Looks like we're going to have to work on his....heart." She said quietly to Kamachi, whom she was still standing by.

Commander_Caramel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 am

"I agree that we should look for shelter considering we don't know how cold or hot it could get out here…Or if any enemies are going to show their ugly faces" Ivy spoke up. Good. The girls had been rather quite thus far- save for Neko. Renatus had a feeling that, if the circumstances were different, that one wouldn’t be able to shut her up. "Who thinks we should split up and look around in groups of three?"

"Well, Renatus seems to know where we can find shelter, so I guess he should decide..." Clive answered, though he clearly hated admitting this. Why did Clive hate him so much anyways? Now if he knew about Renatus’s past, then he wouldn’t blame him. There was a time when Ren hated himself, too. There wasn’t time for discontent now, though. The Chosen were supposed to work together.

"You decide, Ren." Clive said, though his eyes clearly said otherwise.

“Please,” Renatus closed his eyes a bit in a sort of wince, “just call me Renatus.”

The blonde looked around at the others for any sign of objection. He saw none; this really was his call.

“And, I can get us to the treehouse if I can get a peek above the canopy. It’s in one of the tallest trees in this jungle, so it stands out. I think we should try to get there as soon as possi-“

That was odd. It the sounds of the jungle, Ren could hear a slight rumble. Faint, though; the cause was still far away. Ignoring the fact that it would make him look rather cliché, Renatus lowered his ear to the ground. The rumble was a bit clearer. It came from a large number of feet hitting the ground. His gray eyes widened; those feet were headed towards their position. There was no time to climb a tree and find the treehouse above the canopy. They had to move now, and in the right direction. It obviously wasn’t safe here.

“There’s something coming,” Renatus was looking around the clearing, hoping for something- anything- that would help him pinpoint their location. “A lot of somethings. Listen, I’m sure you’ll hear them too.”

Then an idea hit him. Who had the Sentinel of Forest again? Right!

“Lyric! Can Sivosance help you find the treehouse?”

((Sorry to push things to Lyric again, it just made the most sense.

And by the way, Renatus doesn’t like others to call him Ren because that’s what Twila calls him; it’s what he used to go by. Bad memories.))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:14 pm

(If Lyric doesn't show up, anyone who offers may take temporary control over her character. I already control a large majority of characters and...could anyone else handle another character?)

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years

((I could I suppose. Only until she returns her claim of course~))

Lyric suddenly looked up. She hadn't been paying much attention. The jungle reminded her of home, which excited her. After her job of healing, she had went off to a corner of the clearing to relax in the grass. She smiled even brighter, at the realization that she could help the group again.
"I'll try my best!" Lyric said happily and walked over, closer to the rest. "Buuuuut....I'm not sure how to do that....do I call his name? Haha~" Lyric's mood was extra happy.

Commander_Caramel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:14 am

Clive intercepted the chance to advice the group instead of Renatus. "Well, I guess it will just happen. You should feel something in your head or...I don't know! I've never experienced it besides the time when we got our new powers!" He let his hands fall to his side in exasperation. Yeah, some help he had been. Da**.

Surrounded by the other Sentinels, Sivosance meditated silently. Furry paws pressed against his skull's temples, the beast focused his knowledge toward his Chosen and whispered in her ears: "Summon Flora Seeker."

(I`ll manipulate Lyric for a second, if you don't mind Caramel.)

Lyric felt something calling her, whispering to her in a soft loving voice. Summoning her keyblade, she instinctively twirled the weapon in the air and her eyes began to softly glow with a holy light. She thrust the weapon into the air, it's tip ignited with a strange light, and she cried out to the sky, "Summon Flora Seeker!" She stabbed the weapon into the ground and a mossy jungle floor illuminated! A glowing path whipped out of the weapon's tip and crawled off toward the location of the Treehouse. Lyric released a gasp of surprise, and withdrew her keyblade from the ground. "How did I do that?" She mumbled innocently. She truly was surprised by her powers, such as her healing gifts.

Clive had no time to congratulate the girl on her achievement, because something shot past his face with unnatural speed. He blinked, and pain whipped across his cheek as if he had been slapped.

A thin, wiry creature standing at six foot tall stood hunched over with black chains covering its nearly iridescent white body. While it was bending unnaturally, the creature appeared shorter than it really was, and it seemed like it was almost skeleton like. It was very thin. Instead of hands and fingers, the beast had long swords that looked almost like keyblade sprouting from her wrists. It eyes were empty, and it was smiling wickidly. "Hello, Chosen." It was not identified as a Nobody or a Heartless.

Clive summoned his keyblade without thinking, but the beast was already rushing toward him at the speed of sound. The thing was almost invisible as it moved! Clive blinked once again, and two slashes appeared across his chest. They were not fatal, but oh they did indeed hurt!

The Sonic Assassin, as it was called by its companions, slowed time down using Stopga magic and struck at the dark Chosen who was identified as Clive. Slashing the target in the back, time restarted and Clive stumbled to his knees, wounded. Rushing at the Chosen once again, the creature attempted to slash him across the throat when--

--A figure dressed entirely in white cloaks and a silver battle armor drew the Ultima Weapon across the Sonic Assassin, sending it to the abyss. Its body evaporated, but soon a swarm of Shadow Heartless and Power Wilds rushed out of the thick foliage. Hacking away at the shadows with ease, the heroic figure made short work of the swarm and engaged a second Sonic Assassin. A third Sonic Assassin rushed toward Renatus without stopping time, and more Heartless began to seep from the dark corners of the forest. Clive thought he heard the man in white yell, "Vile beasts!" Before lightning sprung from the heavens and struck a group of Soldiers. After the attack, the figure disappeared to wherever he had come from.

Hearing a commotion to the south, a patrol of Samurai's rushed toward what seemed to be a very strange brawl. They came from the north, blocking the Chosen off from the path to the Treehouse. This would be quite an affair.

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkeclipsefox on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Kamachi nodded to Neko to show her agreement. Then Renatus seemed to hear something and lowered his head to the ground confirming his suspicions. "There's something coming." he said then he added, "A lot of something's. Listen, I'm sure you'll hear them too." Kamachi paused and heard faintly something coming. Then everything happened so quickly she didn't know how to react to it all. One second it seemed like they were going to get out of there as soon as possible and the next there were heartless, and something else there that she couldn't really give a defined name to everywhere! But then a guy dressed all in white came and made short work of them. After he left she stood there, as if frozen because she hadn't really wrapped her mind around all that had just taken place. She stuttered quietly, "W-w-what just h-happened?"

Darkeclipsefox
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KiraiUchiha on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Everything seemed to pass in a blink of an eye. At one point this odd creature was there then it was gone. Now they where surroneded by Nobodies. She made her keyblade appear and held it in front of her, "Bring it on. Lets see how many of you we can kill." she smirked and charged at the Nobodies swinging her keyblade around in an arch.

KiraiUchiha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheProtagonist on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Clive climbed to his feet, teeth glistening with his own blood. He had bitten his tongue during the white creatures rampage of his body, and now he was p*ssed off. Whipping his weapon toward a group of Nobodies approaching from the North, he made sure to keep in mind the swarm of Heartless still flooding toward them. The white figure, probably the same white figure that had brought them all together in Traverse Town and that had taught Euat a few spells, had done quite a bit of damage against the enemy but it seemed that he had decided to leave before the entire mass was finished. Was he lending a hand? Why did he leave? Was he overwhelmed? Maybe this powerful entity was not as godlike as Clive had believed. They would have to rely on their own strength. Unless that was the man's idea...Clive cleared his mind and danced in between two approaching Shadows, cutting threw both of them. Spiraling to the right he narrowly dodged a Dusk's fist and jabbed his lengthy keyblade into its face, destroying it. More enemies came from all directions, led by more of the strange creatures that could stop time. Clive resorted to magic, a skill he had very little trust in, and found it very effective. Splinters of earth shot forth from the ground and split Heartless in half as he yelled, "Mountain Spear!" and drained a great deal of physical strength from his body. Returning his attention to the use of his keyblade, he rushed toward a group of Shadows and overwhelmed them. But then a large group of Soldiers appeared.

"Oh sh**!" He dark figures surrounded him.

TheProtagonist
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!