Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for CreativeCo-GM for Video Game Inspired Fantasy RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Looking for CreativeCo-GM for Video Game Inspired Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:16 am

I have an idea for a rather genre mixing RP, though it would slant towards fantasy and probably fantasy RPGs in general as far as its basic structure and aesthetic inspirations.

The gist of the setting is as such. It would follow video game logic and conventions, for instance the setting consists of several worlds (such as a fire world, an ice world, a forest world, things like that). Destroying people or objects makes their residual energy turn into things like money or power-ups. Where someone's "level" is a real, tangible, measurable thing.

The plotline would revolve around the fact that each world is "ruled" (albeit loosely) by a Boss, its most influential denizen. Each player would take the role of a protagonist who bears a grudge against one or more of these Bosses, and it would be their personal story to defeat them in some way. In general this means the players are on their own faction, but could also have a considerable amount of strife and rivalry to keep things interesting.

I'm basically looking for someone who is really creative and into worldbuilding who would be interested in helping out with this. I have most of the setting ideas drawn up, but could use some additional input rounding everything out and finalizing the details with a second set of eyes, and I'd appreciate the help in weaving the storyline alongside someone.

(Also, it'd be nice if it was someone willing to do this as a 1x1 in case, if all else fails, there aren't any other interested parties or things die.)

Leave a message here or PM me if you want to know more.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Looking for CreativeCo-GM for Video Game Inspired Fantas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dae Mec on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

This is really awesome. I'm definitely interested in roleplay.

Are you going to have "lives" or save points? Will there be bags that can carry unlimited supplies? What kind of weapons will the protagonist have? Are there going to be other fantasy races?

The repercussions of having incentives for murder... society would be so different.

Count me in.
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dae Mec
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CeederVay on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Are the "worlds" simple different areas of the same map, or are they in different dimensions? If it's the latter, then how would one switch to a different world? Would they have to defeat the boss, or is it as simple as casting a spell?

I'm interested, even if you don't need any more help GMing. Just put me on the invite list when the RP gets up. :P

CeederVay
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Dae Mec wrote:This is really awesome. I'm definitely interested in roleplay.

Are you going to have "lives" or save points? Will there be bags that can carry unlimited supplies? What kind of weapons will the protagonist have? Are there going to be other fantasy races?

The repercussions of having incentives for murder... society would be so different.

Count me in.

Yes. "One-ups" are an item people can obtain (though they'd be rare). Save points, probably not.
And yes, you'd have the option of having such a bag.
The idea is, a lot of these things exist, though not everyone has them... they might be a rare item or a special ability (so i.e. the protagonists would likely have them... most other people, not so much, it'll vary).

Weapons can be whatever you want, as well as races, much of that will be up to the player.
I'd also encourage players to think about what their inspiring 'genre' is... not all the bosses would be combat-oriented.

Some of these ideas I haven't finalized, which is why I'm seeking a co-GM to help with that.

CeederVay wrote:Are the "worlds" simple different areas of the same map, or are they in different dimensions? If it's the latter, then how would one switch to a different world? Would they have to defeat the boss, or is it as simple as casting a spell?

I'm interested, even if you don't need any more help GMing. Just put me on the invite list when the RP gets up. :P

They are semi-different dimensions. It's be a bit fudgey. i.e. the sky world you would get to by flying up high into the sky, but you'd still be in a different dimension of sorts. So there's major physical pathways to cross the boundaries.

There's also be 'warp zones' accessing these worlds via portals. The game would take place in a town with a warp zone in order to facilitate the travel.

I'll post some of what I have in a bit.

The RPG should be ready to post in even a couple days, I just need some help finalizing some of the details before posting it.
I also want to get the gist of what bosses there would be, since the main plot point would be each character has a grudge against one or more of them, so I want that finished for character creation purposes.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

I like this idea! Just sayin'

FantasticMr.ChiaPet
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:03 am

The RP is Under Construction here: roleplay/final-boss

Anyone who wants to drop by the OOC and contribute some ideas can feel free.
When it's ready I'll make a more proper recruitment thread in RPers Wanted.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!