Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for a one on one

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for a one on one

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Hello there! I'm a fairly new member to this site. Anyways, its been a long time since I've done some role-playing, and I'm interested in getting back into the habit, and am looking for a 1x1 partner over the pm's.

Rules. I know, many of us don't like them, but I only have a few.

1. Please play by roleplaygateway's rules.
2. No godmoding or powerplaying, these ruin rps.
3. Profanity is not nice, so please don't curse around me, although you're welcome to curse anywhere else!
4. The basic rating is going to be around PG, maybe PG-13 for certain scenes.
5. If you have any questions about what is going on, feel free to ask, and I'll do the same with you.
6. I mainly play female characters, so am looking for male characters. If we both want romance, we’ll have it later in the role play. I’m creating a male character currently, though, so I wouldn’t mind experimenting with him!
7. Also, I am looking for literate to advanced literate players, so no one-liners.

I have a few genres and plots. I'll put them in the next post so it doesn't look so intimidating
The world is like an oyster with a precious pearl inside. Let's not break it open with force but with gentle co-operation.

If I'm not replying as much, its because I'm currently back at college, so have more work to do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Looking for a one on one

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Here are the some topics I’m interested in. I'm really big on fantasy, but do not like realistic or fiction-based. If you don't see one that interests you, and have a suggestion, feel free to share.

Parallel Universe(Fantasy):
Story:
Shano is a country in an alternate universe. Instead of technology, magic has developed, although not too many people use it these days. Several large cities are well known for their collection of ancient spell texts and schools for students to use the magical arts. Also, many different types of mythical creatures exist in the countryside, often preferring to live separately from humans. These creatures include Hawkes, winged people who can transform into large birds of prey, Cainen, people who transform into large wolf-like creatures, trolls, goblins, elves, dwarves, fairies, dragons and so much more. People have begun to doubt the existence of these beings since they are seen so rarely. But one day, a few people(can be any race) step through a portal which drops them off in modern day New York City. What happens when the walls between these two universes start melding together, and the walls which separate them crumble? How can this all be stopped, and how can they prevent more inter-mingling of these universes? There’s one way to find out.
Setting:
Starts off somewhere in the country of Shano, I’m not picky exactly where. It could be high up in the mountains, in a forest, by a river, city, ocean, lake, etc. You can decide. If you don’t care either, look at the other setting below, and we shall do that one. After a short period of time, the setting will shift to New York City, Times Square.

Medieval Fantasy
Story:

A young eighteen year-old harbors a deep secret, one that others could use to their advantage to cause her harm. Once betrayed by a friend several years ago, (s)he is afraid to trust people, so makes herself scarce among them. With no family or friends, (s)he's tired of being alone in the world, and decides to stop this way of living and try to reconnect herself to people. As a traveler, she's constantly on the road, and arrives at a town for a night or two at a local inn, where (s)he meets someone who could be the key to opening his/her trust. But, being a pro-active person in his/her life, will she discover that not all people are bad and finally open up once and for all? With a strange presence lurking in the air, (s)he may be forced to make a decision for herself before someone gets hurt. (Note: all creatures listed in the first story exist in this world, too.)

Setting:

The country of Alteria is a beautiful place. Once the nation known for its flourishing population of magical creatures of all sorts, the humans have decided to live separate from non-humans, yet many still enjoy magic and learning the timeless art. Alteria has numerous types of terrain, including oceans, lakes, meadows, mountains and everything in-between. Our story begins in the small fishing town of Vestra, mid-evening, in the Soaring Eagle inn. There is a mild storm outside and should last well into the next day.

Okay, I believe this covers everything! Feel free to add your own elements to the plot if you wish, then post if you would like to start this one-one-one! Or, you're welcome to PM me, too ^_^ Also, I enjoy people being of a literate to medium-literate level, meaning nice descriptions, and paragraphs for character biographies. This will also be over the PMs. Enjoy!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:14 pm

I'd try the second one, if you'd have me.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Yes, of course! How about you send me a pm with your character, any preferences of who you want me to play, and all that good stuff? :D

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bowden2611 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:27 pm

The first one sounds like my type of RP.
I'd be willing to give it a go! :)
---

Never try, Never fail ;)

---

Bowden's back!!

Bowden2611
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Great, Bowden! Please PM me with additional information like I told villagealchemist ^^

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bowden2611 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Hey, I'm a little busy tonight. Do you mind if I contact you tomorrow? I'm full up with coursework :(

Bowden2611
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Ah, well I suppose that's okay. I'm looking forward to starting it, though. I'll be on for quite a while, its only early afternoon where I am if you finish early.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bowden2611 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:06 pm

It's five minutes to 10 in the evening here. :(

Bowden2611
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CD_Vengeance on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 pm

I like the second one. I've always been a fan of Medieval roles..
But does it have to be done over Pm's? Could it not be done on an IM of some kind?
~Corey D. Hamm~

CD_Vengeance
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Well, I prefer PM for several reasons. I like privacy, and don't like to give out personal info. Also, I find it hard to get the timing right when we're both going to be online. PM also gives me the freedom of longer posts, and we can look whenever we get the chance, so the role play continues smoothly. I don't mind doing the second one at all!

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!