Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Midnighters(OOC and Profiles)

a topic in Profiles, a part of the RPG forum.

Post all character profiles here.

Midnighters(OOC and Profiles)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:57 pm

This is based off the book by Scott Westerfeld. If you have any questins pm me

How many hours are there in a day? If you said 24 you were wrong. The are accually 25, but the last hour goes by so fast that it is un seen by others who weren't born there. Only a few chosen people who were born exactly midnight can see this secret hour, that they call the blue time, do to the fact everything is tented blue when this happens. Also when they look up at the moon their eyes look a different color. And for some reason the blue time is only affective in a town called Bixby. On top of all this there are creatures called slithers and darklings. Slithers are harmless, but Darkling can kill you. These creatures can come in all shapes and sizes. They are afraid of two things, new technology and metals and fireand for some reason numbers. You can create weapons out of these by giving them names, most of the time if you give them a thirteen letter name they are more affective.

Each midnighter has a speacial power here are the ones that I know of

Flame Bringer- a rare talent that allows someone to create fire and use electrical devices during the Blue Time

Polymath- which means that they has an inherent aptitude for mathematics. Their skill with numbers is seemingly unparalleled. In the books, it is even suggested that ability is so extensive that they can process mathematical data at a greater rate than even a regular computer.

Seer- They have to wear glases during the daylight hours but when that blue time comes they can see perfectly. They use this during the daylight hours to see traces of midnight, which means they can see other midnighters perfectly and see were the slithers and darklings have been during midnight.

Acrobat- During the Blue Time, their personal gravity is reduced, increasing their jumping distance dramatically. By making physical contact, they are able to share the effects of reduced gravity with both people and objects.

Mindcaster- they have the powers of telepathy and mental manipulation, which are active both in and out of the Blue Time. they likens the sensation of mind reading to the sense of taste, associating certain behaviours, moods and thoughts particular tastes. Often wears headphones during daylight to bloke out thoughts of others.

Here is another description of Darklings and slithers

The darklings, and their servants, slithers, are ancient creatures that were once the dominant species on the planet. Darklings come in many shapes and forms, and have the power to change their physical form at will, whereas slithers are generally serpentine in nature. As humans began to grow in intelligence they began hunting the darklings and slithers by exploiting their weakness to new concepts, such as mathematics and language (particularly the number "13" and words with 13 letters), light and heat, and new "technology". This technology consisted of anything crafted by humans. Initially simple objects such as stone spearheads were effective weapons against the Darklings, but as time progressed the Darklings adapted and grew immune to the effects of simpler technology. However humans continued to advance and began to forge weapons of other materials such as bronze and iron. As the balance of power began to shift in favour of humans, the Darklings created the Blue Hour to escape to by collapsing the twenty-fifth hour of the day.

At the time the novel begins, steel and other alloys, particularly newer and more advanced alloys, are the most common and effective tools used by Midnighters to combat darklings. The Midnighters use those things to defend themselves against the darklings. However, the metals they use must be untouched by darklings or slithers for them to be effective. To maximise the effectiveness of the Midnighters' weapons, they are often given names with 13 letters, or names with a number of letters equal to a multiple of 13, and are sometimes inscribed with certain patterns representing mathematical concepts. The names given to objects can only be used once, but the metal can be used several times, depending on how strong a darkling it was used against.

I will accept one of each midnighter

Seer:
Mindcaster: Inu_Kun_
Polymath:
Firebringer:
Acrobat: AHeartlessNobody

Name:
Power:
Eye Color: (What color does you eyes look when you look at the moon)
Crush:
Bio: (optional)
Apperence: (Anime pic or words only)
Other:

Name: Melody
Power: Acrobat
Eye Color: Ice clear blue when she looks at the moon, but really they are hazel
Crush: It's a secret
Apperence:
Other: Loves to do gymnastics
Last edited by AHeartlessNobody on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes I do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Re: Midnighters(OOC and Profiles)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inu_Kun_ on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:06 pm

OMG, I've read this series, I have all the books...except the second one, I lost that at school. Is it okay if I join?

Name:Topaz
Power:Mindcaster
Eye Color: Topaz when she looks at the moon, but they are a dark Duke Blue
Crush: N/A
Apperence:Image (She really does have a black cat)
Other:She's really into cooking and taking care of animals
I say I like your coat! ♪

[/center]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Inu_Kun_
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:25 pm

OMG! The midnighter's series is like my second favorite. Though The Uglie's series is even better ^^ I LOVE Scott's work (My fav author O.o)

Is it ok to be an actual character from in the series? Let me know, and then I'll edit this post :)
By the way, isn't the plot abit more complicated then that? o.o

EDIT:

Ok, kool! I'm great with a new character, still, I'd hoped to be Jessica XD I've only read the first two books T^T someone stole the third one at my school :(

Name:
Tereasa "Teri" Roth
Power:
Seer
Eye Color:
Silver
Crush:
None yet XD
Bio:
Teri came to Bixby when she moved out of her parent's house on her eighteenth birthday. She'd lived in Dallas Texas ever since the midnight she was born, and was tired of the busy city life. She wanted to live in a peacful little town, and Bixby fit the description. She started going to college in Tulsa, studying to be an archeaologist, since history, and relic's are in her greatest intrest. She talk's little, unless it's over the internet. Despite the advanced nature of computers, they are of great intrest to her. She not only enjoy's a good history lesson, but love's learning about the modern world. After all, today will be yesterday tomarrow, and yesterday IS part of the past.
Apperence:
Teri has silvery blond hair that goes just past her shoulder's, and an inteligent sparkle in her eye's. She isn't very prissy, and as a result, of that AND the fact that she often goes exploring, she wears sturdy clothing, dark colored or camo. She wears reading glasses, even though they aren't just for reading, because of how light they are. Not short at all, she stands at about 5'1 and has an athletic build. Even with her tomboyish appearance, she comes off as genuinly attractive :)
Other:
If I think of a "Other", I'll let ya know ^^
Last edited by Jepora on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaurdians-existance-ooc-sign-ups-t16181.html <--JOIN!-->Image PLEASE CLICK MEH EGG! I DUN WANT IT TA DIE T^T *throws a fit*

Jepora
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:28 pm

I think it would be better if you made a new character, it would make things weird with an accual character and all the rest were made ups, and i've only read the first book, lol, our school only has the first two but the second is checked out.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chained_Angel on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Name:Angel Samantha-Rei {She sometimes responds to Sammy or Sammy-Rei, though she prefers Angel and only lets a select few call her Sammy or Sammy-Rei}
Power: Flame-Bringer
Eye Color: Gold when she looks at the moon. In the Daytime her eyes alternate between Emerald Green and Persian Blue
Crush:N/A
Bio: Angel ran away from her home in Helena, Montana when she was sixteen and moved in with her grandma in Bixby, Oklahoma. Her grandma died a few months later and Angel has lived alone since, working in Tulsa and taking care of herself and paying the bills.
Apperence:Angel has black hair with white bangs and white streaks. It goes down to her middle back, and is usually kept up due to work. She is anything but prissy or stuck up. In fact she is one of the people who doesn't deal with anyone's{pardon my french} bullshit. She has a very athletic build and stands at 5' 7. She is usally found in lose fitting jeans and a t-shirt, but there are occasions where she wears a skirt and blouse. Most of the time she wears stiletto boots, and is very talented when it comes to running in thoes leathle wepons, but she also wears sensible sneakers{mostly during the blue time}
Other:She hates being told what to do, and much like her friend Topaz, she loves animals.
LIVE AND LET LIVE FAIRLY TAKE AND FAIRLY GIVE

Chained_Angel
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!