Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Now Taking Students

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Now Taking Students

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Sorry, all booked!

Hey there, peoples! I'm DraconicArcania. I'm a writer, a poet, and a roleplayer. As a mentor, I'd like to make my services available to you. In this forum you can find what you need to strive and prosper as an illustrious author. Whatever your tastes, you can be sure that some coaching will help. Note that I am not an expert, but I am here to help you in your artistic endeavors. So, drop me a line here or by PM and we'll work something out. Just to let you know, I'll have a hectic online schedule from Monday to Friday, but I'll notify all involved about what's going down. Anyway, onto how this works. As a teacher and friend, I will roleplay with you via forums, chat, or PM. My two preferred methods are forums and chat. Anyway, just drop me a line if you want to get some help or advice. Throughout the roleplay, I'll critique your work by PM if the need arises or I feel I should alert you to something. However, I do have a few limits... I do not to fan-based worlds, it's a mega-no for me. I also don't partake in any form of cybering, and will not go beyond a kiss. I'll write the intros if you want, or you can write them. Oh, and no Twilight roleplays. I'm good with Artemis Fowl, Star Wars, Harry Potter (I'm most experienced in this field), even The Outsiders (if done correctly) or Phantom of the Opera! But nuh-uh, Twilight is where I draw the line. However, I'd like to say that I'm now open for business! I'm also open to critiquing roleplays, should you want one specifically from me... Oh, quick edit, Talon's my usual roleplay character, though I'm also fine with Orpheus. I'll also make a new character on occasions, conditions pending. If I have not replied for an extended amount of time (as in over three days during the holidays and over a week for normal American school time), then please message me and I will either explain and apologize, or I'll most likely get to posting.
Current Students
*fireytempest
mummydove
*pumpkinzeroi
Blackbird26
*Chaoicangel
*Reythin
*Items marked with this symbol indicate that it is unknown whether or not they are still roleplaying and/or wanting help

Last edited by MrMurdoch on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Added new students.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Now Taking Students

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zorayda on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:05 pm

So...how does this work exactly? I'd love to hone my RPing skills, especially in the area of character making... but I have to clue what to do. This website's so big--I'm lost @.@

"I live as I wish. That is all. What I do with my life is none of your business." -Proto Man, AKA 'Blues'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zorayda
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Well, this is all pretty simple. You an I will roleplay however you want and I'll critique you as we go. It's a really simple thing, right? Anyway, as for character making, you could always just show me your profile either by PM or here and I'll give you some tips. I suggest you use the premade character sheets by submitting characters into places like the multiverse before you begin. :)

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fierytempest on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Although I'm in a few RPs at the moment, I would not be opposed to doing this. It's been a long time since I RPed and could definitely use some feedback from someone. :)

fierytempest
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Cool, I'd love to be able to help! Keep your eyes peeled for a personal message, Fiery.

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zorayda on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 pm

All right, that sounds great! I'd like to just do something...you can choose from either fantasy (involving dragons, maybe?) or romance, or real-life drama or something. And I'll get chars up ASAP. I'm a teensy bit busy but I'll get to you when I can.

Zorayda
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:12 pm

I would like to be one of your students...I know I can improve on my roleplay skills and whatnot...

mummydove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Okay, sounds good. PM me what you want to roleplay about and whatnot. :)

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FloweringNight on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 pm

I'd appreciate a mentor for my mediocre ability at writing. Are you still taking students? I'd like to become a student under you.

FloweringNight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Still taking students, yes. Just PM me. :)

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby libcakes on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:50 pm

*creeps in and glances around*

Would you, by any chance, still be taking students? One can always use critique and I've never RP'd one on one >.>
Currently: a newb/online

libcakes
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Well then, PM me with some character info and a little bit of info about you, and I'll take a peek. I'm still open for new roleplayers! :D

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Oh, oh, oh! Pick me, pick me!

Now that I've got your attention, I'd like to see if you would please mentor me.

See, thing is, I'm not a crap-tastic role-player or anything (At least I don't think I am.), but I know I could use some improvement. Heck, I can always use some improvement.

So, what do you say?
With love,
Chaoicangel

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Same as aforementioned, send me PM with what you want to roleplay, who posts first, what character you're using, and some info about you. General info, like what you like to roleplay about and whatnot.

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vicariously Yours on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi there!
I'm pretty lost and really confused about the site...
What would you suggest for a lonely newb?
I haven't found real roleplay for a while so....I'm pretty rusty too.
Well, thanks in advance!

Vicariously Yours
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, since I'm all booked, I'd suggest you try going to Rigel, he's a great mentor. :) And I'm sure he'd be happy to mentor you. :) Good luck learning your way around. :)

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vicariously Yours on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Would you know a link to a guide thread?

Vicariously Yours
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

The name Rigel is linked in my previous post, just click his name. :)

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PunkMaister on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am

Any help and guidance on how to kickstart my RP would be appreciated:

roleplay/the-conscience-exchange-program/
The world hath known no greater love than this, to die for one\'s friends John 15:13
The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke.

PunkMaister
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm

From what you can read in the first post in this thread, DraconicArcania is obviously booked fully. How about you ask another Mentor or user offering help??

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!