Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In over your head (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

In over your head (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:13 am

"Go in already." The guard said to her, shoving her in harshly before slamming the door.

Looking around at the room, it was plain white. There were tables to paint, draw, write if you want to, and other things that little kids did. She wasn't a little kid though. She was a growing lady, almost a woman. Why couldn't they see that? Why did they have to send her here?

The place was new, just built, and Shyleen thought herself as a test subject. There were few other people at the place. It was a jail. At least it was to her.

Sitting down at the drawing station, she started drawing fire, with the hand of an artist. Shy was an artist, and thought that was the reason she thought different. The girl also drew things about magic and what not, holding the little bag they allowed her close to her chest. There was a picture of her family, the one she had accidently killed in a fire set to her old house.

Now here she was, for trying to kill herself, all for that night. It had been a mistake, the killing of her family, but nothing else was. The pills were, the driving while under the influence wasn't. Although her smile hid it all from the outside world. Her purple contacts willing her not to cry, not to show her true eye color.

Her entire true self was hidden. Right now, on the outside, was a purple eyed girl with black hair and a smile. Inside she was a bright, piercing blue eyes girl, eyes as deep as the ocean, with dirty blonde hair, and tears falling from a broken heart.
Harry Potter
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" ~ Albus Dumbledore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: In over your head (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Mazumi was already in the room,by one of the colouring stations when the new girl was pushed inside.She didn't talk,didn't even look up to take in the new girls apperance. She simply continued to draw the huge angel on the piece of paper and hitting the desk in frustration at the stupid kids crayons that was all she had to draw with.
Molly: Screw you Cookie
Jimmy: Sorry Mols that's my job ^.^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Phil made his way down the hall, his white coat billowing behind him, and his clipboard in his right hand. Humming a tune as he made his way the elevator, he greeted everyone with either a wave or a handshake, smiling the entire time. Getting on the elevator, he realized he was the only one there. Dropping his smile, he rubbed his eyes.

"Just another day at work. Great career choice Phil."

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. Phil stepped out, smiling again, with a small spring in his step. He made his way to the observation room, where there where three more doctors watching a girl through a large piece of glass. Of course, to her it would serve as a mirror, they could see through it just fine.

"What's up Greg?"
"Nothin much. Attempted suicide."
"Got it."

With that, the little bit of information he had, Phil made his way out the observation room, and into the same room as the girl, looking at his clipboard only for the girls name. Opening the door, he sat in a chair, and spoke quietly, as not to startle her.

"Shyleen? That's a really pretty name. My name's Phillip Johnson, but you can call me Phil if you like. Call me anything but late for dinner and I'll respond."

He turned over to Mazumi as the table was pounded.

"Mazumi, calm yourself. We don't want to scare the new one."

He chuckled, and turned back to Shyleen.

"Now, Shyleen, tell me a little bit about yourself."

There he sat, waiting for a response...

"RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape,..." <--Ever notice this at the bottom of the page?

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Mazumi growled."Maybe I wouldn't get so annoyed if you gave us half decent writing impliments,"She said in a sarcastically polite voice before giving up on the angel and drawing small hearts with the initials of all her rockstar crushes in them, while humming demolition lovers.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Shy kept quiet, still working on the drawing of the flames, burning wildly, just like the image of her house in the dead of night. "She won't scare me.'' The girl whispered quietly. It was extremely hard to scare her. Many people at school had tried and failed miserably over and over again. Halloween was her favorite holiday, because people tried scaring her more, but she ended up just scaring them.

Then, it took her a while. In blue crayon, she wrote 'call me Shy' on the drawing and pushed it over to the man, Phill, with a smile. "I like fire." Was all she said. He didn't need to know about her addiction to sharp objects just yet. They could start slow.

"How long am I stuck here?" Shyleen asked the man, looking at him with her purple, contacted eyes. This was her home, since her home had burned, and she knew she'd be sent to an orphanage after she got out, not that she figured she would.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Phil accepted the paper and smiled, only frowning when she spoke of a love for the flame.

"How long am I stuck here?"

"Well, Shy, that depends really. How long are you willing to stay here? How soon are you going to start working with us as a hospital to help you?"

Phil glanced over at the, "mirror," as to tell the doctors to take notes. He didn't like writing stuff down in front of patients. It made them nerveous, and he knew it. He didn't like making people uncomfortable.

"Why don't we get to know a little bit about ourselves, hm? I'll go first. Well, as I said, my name is Phil. For about ten years, I was in the military as a medic. After that, I decided to become a different kind of doctor and work here. That's basically all there is to know about me. I'm single, no kids, and live in a four-room-apartment. Now why don't you tell me something about yourself?"

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyPaopuFruit on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:16 am

You Promised Me Flowers~

It wasn't that often that news of a new person reached the ears of Nicholettee. And as she sat--her legs crossed as the doctor held out her arm and began to prod her with all manner of objects--she was slightly interested in finding out who this person was. But in finding out, she would have to appear somewhat interested in what the doctor was doing. And that, for her, was hard.

"So how are you feeling today, Nicole?" The man asked her. The young woman looked sombre, but her face slowly twisted into a thoughtful expression. Nicole was always slow. But her mind was sharp as a knife (If you excuse the pun.)

"How are you feeling today, Nicole?" She repeated, like a parrot. Her face relaxed, and she smiled. "I am well. And you doctor?"

OOC|| Sorry for the crappyness. I have a brain block at the moment. >.<

Ten-Year-Old Was Sendin' Ya A Hero

MyPaopuFruit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:40 am

Mazumi was paying vaugh attention to the conversation between the doctor and this new girl."I remember your last girlfriend left you.Said you spent too much time at work."Mazumi grinned, that was the joy of being insane people underestimated you when you were smarter.All that made you insane was because you thought differently.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:24 am

The light in her eyes was slowly ebbing away, although her smile was still full and big on her face, not giving any inner emotions away.

"I don't need to be in a hospital. I'm not mental. I need a home, that's all." Shy said, grabbing another piece of paper and some crayons, starting to draw once more. It was how she got rid of her saddness. However, she knew she'd have to watch what she drew in here. Nothing too sad or anything to connect to suicide.

'All rainbows and butterflies' The girl sighed mentally, listening to the doctor telling her these things, trying to get her to open up.

"Why do you live in a four bedroom apartment by yourself?" Despite what she gave off, Shyleen was pretty intellegent, or at least she was when she wanted to be. She wouldn't say anything about herself, not here, not now. The girl knew she'd cry if she did, and she hated crying in front of people.

So instead, she put her drawing in a different direction. It had been of a normal house, so she labeled it her house. She wrote her family in, then started drawing the flames again, showing him when she was done.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Phil ignored Mazumi's remark.

"Why do you live in a four bedroom apartment by yourself?"

Phil thought about this for a moment. Why did he live alone?

"Well, it only makes sense dosen't it? I don't have a wife or kids, and I only need four rooms. A living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. I guess I could have a dining room, but I just eat in the living room. So, how long is it going to take for you to open up to me?"

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 pm

"Oh, makes sense." She said, sketching out a four bedroom apartment in the corner to get the idea. Then, she finished the drawing of the night her family had died, and slid it over to Phil, just as she had done with the other one.

After that, she started drawing something else. Doing quick sketches to get the point across, not for looks. She drew a heart. One half she labeled as 'outside', and drew it nice and completely. On the other half, she wrote 'inside', and drew it as broken and damaged, cracked and crying, then slid that papter over to Phil, hoping he would get how she worked.

Yes, the girl drew. It was how she got emotions out, not by talking or anything. She didn't like to talk, and drew when she could to communicate.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Phil watched as Shy drew. She drew with speed, yet beauty. Why was she here? With so much potential, she could be a famous artist, doing this, expressing herself to the world, but she was stuck here. That was what depressed Phil about this place. All these people with talents, stuck here for reasons unknown to him. After that thought had crossed his mind, she slipped him another picture, which made him frown again. Picking a pen out of his coat pocket, he flipped the paper over, drawing a picture to respond to hers. He drew a circle, inside of it putting a pair of eyes, a nose, a giant, "X," where the mouth would be. Out from that, he drew a giant question mark.

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 am

Mazumi shrugged.She was used to her remarks being ignored and slowly she began to write,reciting it as she did,"Black widow,Lady Ebony.Ate her huspands heart and drank his blood in her tea." She smirked and drew a tall woman sitting at a table.Dark hair pulled up into a bun with feathers stuck in it,dressed all in black with net up her arms.On the table he drew a plate with a heart,a real heart on it surronded by a little pool of blood and then she placed a tea cup in the womans hand. It was something she loved to do,to write strange things and then draw what the depicted. She grabbed a new peice of paper and began to draw four children, One boy with snowy white hair and pale stormy eyes, the other three were girls. One looked like Mazumi herself except her hair was snowy white too and she was younger,a child. The youngest a little baby looked like them too but the last was different, with olive skin and aurburn hair. She carefully labled the children, Kie, Mazumi,Kimmiko and Kaiyah.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:10 am

Shy was confused, and her head slightly fell to the side. One, he could be asking her if she was mute. Two, he could be telling her he'd keep his mouth shut.

So, with two options, she took a piece of paper. On the top she wrote circle, then two options. One, a question mark. Two, a period. THen she pushed that piece of paper over to Phil.

She could talk, she just chose not to. To her, drawing was a much better way for expression, so she chose to communicate like that. It was just easies for her.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Phil took the paper, and looked at the response. He circled the question, and then wrote a small note to follow it.

"Why do you draw instead of talk?"

This was going to be an interesting case, and Phil suddenly had a love for his job again. No longer would it be boring. No longer would it be the same thing everyday. Now it was something new and exciting!

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Taking the paper back, Shy sat quietly for a moment, thinking.

Finally, she shrugged. "It's just easier to." She said, taking another piece of paper, tapping a crayon against the table, thinking of how she could tell him how she felt.

Instead of drawing, Shyleen wrote things on the paper.

It's easier for me to draw to get my feelings out. Everyone things I'm happy, and if I talk, they could know that I'm not. Go back to the drawing of the heart. No one sees me cry. Drawing is just easier, unless it's one on one.

Her hand writing was small and slanted, a neat mess, and the girl slid the paper over to Phil.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Phil read the note, and started to scribble his response.

"That was my next question. If nobody sees you cry, does this mean you cry when you're alone?"

((Sorry, writers block))

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Once more, Shy paused, thinking of how to respond to his question.

I cry inside. Tears falling from a shattered heart. I cry when I'm alone. Tears falling from ocean blue eyes.
And yes, the purple is from contacts.

She slowly slid the paper of to Phil, not sure why she gave him her real eye color, it was like her. She normally liked to freak people out, or make them think she was a freak for what she believed.

It was the same with magic.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:12 am

Mazumi gave up on drawing and threw a crayon against the wall,grinning at the mark it left on the pristine white wall and threw another one before looking at Phil. "So am I not getting seen to today?" She asked,her eyes hopeful.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Septimius trudged reluctantly out of the boys' dormitories' section (well, it wasn't called that, but that was what it really was, anyway) wearing a pair of jeans and a generic white short-sleeved T-shirt stained with blots of red. He had, indeed, changed in a flash as always, and had, as always, stayed in the boys' section for a while. Hence he had heard all the talk about this 'new girl.'
"Wotcher, is someone going to tell me what's going on, or will I have to find out by myself?", he inquired aloud after sitting down on the floor, in a soft, mildly warped voice that he unintentionally but still usually took on when talking much too early in the day, then let out a muffled, hacking cough that echoed eerily through the room. A bit of blood was spewed out as well, but luckily he was able to cover his mouth before coughing; therefore the blood hadn't flown into the air. Quite a few people, himself included, found it rather disgusting to find bloodsplatters all over the carpet.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!