Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK of my singing

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK of my singing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:21 am

http://xfactorkaraoke.puresolo.com/users/7325

I recorded these two tracks this morning. I want to enter some talent contests and maybe X factor one year so I just want people to tell me what they thing and what improvements I need to make pls???
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK of my singing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 am

You have a very lovely voice. I listened to both of your songs and I think they are good and have similar areas that are in need of improvement. The two main problems I heard were incorrect breath control and tension in you throat and pelvis. T\

Singing sharp is tension from the pelvic area, so make sure you are loose and not tensed up.

Singing flat is tension in the neck and tongue area - which is why it's easier to sing flat than sharp, because nerves will make the tongue tense up.

Easy solution... STOP singing... if you are sharp then move your hips and pelvic area, it is likely you let the area 'lock' into position - keep it free!

If you are flat then stop and gently massage your neck and base of your tongue (thumb under your chin, swallow, feel where it gulps and gently rub) - tension can be seen in this area by veins popping up, there is no need for this if you support correctly using the diaphragm.

When you take a breath, are you letting your belly move out of the way of at bottom of the lungs? If not, you won't start with enough air to get you through a number of notes without having to breathe in again. Thus you will get breathless pretty quickly.

The correct way to take in air is to breathe in a nice, deep breath and imagine breathing that breath into your tummy. If you do that, your stomach will expand outwards, out of the way of your fast filling up lungs.

The means that your lungs will have more capacity to take in more air and when you breathe out or release the air when singing, the natural motion of your tummy coming back in acts like an accordion, regulating the outflow of air. It this way, your singing tone will be more steady and pleasurable to listen to.

If you’re not already, I would recommend joining a choir and taking part in some musicals. The opportunity to sing with others and sing in front of others will do you a world of good in terms of gaining confidence in your natural abilities. Once you become more used to performing in front of other people, your body and throat will be naturally less tense and that beautiful voice can pour out the way it does when you’re alone in your room and you think no one is listening.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!